GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script benadabec UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

benadabec UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: benadabec UE Diary

Moorcroft are back again, this time their 'Home Collections Division'!

They've offered a 30% discount if I pay now, or else they may send out a representative calling at my home address to establish a settlement and then possible legal action if no agreement is reached. To be honest, Lewis Debt Recovery went this route last time and visited 3 times but ultimately the account ended back at Barclays.

Not sure if I should keep waiting or unleash the CCA yet?

Comment

I wouldn't keep waiting, send it!

Comment

Well after a long stint with no communication, Barclaycard have crawled out of the woodwork and been in contact. The credit card account has been u/e with a letter confirming no agreement since August 2010. After a couple of years of batting back various DCA's, it went very quiet and it's now 3 and a half years in and I thought I'd heard the last from this one.

But they've sent a letter directly from them (not through a DCA) confirming the default was issued in July 2011 and they are requesting a Formal Demand for Payment. So here we go again . Best to ignore for now or send off the letter confirming no CCA to nip it in the bud?

Thanks in advance

Comment

we;ve had a rash of those letters to-day, most of them wrongly dated, I'd leave it for now and wait and see.

Comment

Something has stirred up Barclays and Barclaycard, they're on the warpath after all this time! MKDP, the DCA currently handling my second Barclaycard account have been writing every month for well over a year to say that they are waiting for a response from their client. Today they sent something by Signed For mail (different sig used to sign obviously). They've been given a bunch of T&C's from Barclaycard mixing an old address and my current one on separate sheets, with nothing else, no signed agreement. This is the same paperwork Barclaycard sent originally back in 2011.

MKDP are very smug on their cover letter, saying "please find enclosed the documents you requested. A reconstituted copy of the credit agreement. Please contact us now to discuss repayments". They think they've hit the nail on the head, the game is up. It's been a while, do I send the CCA query T&C's received? Doesn't seem much point in ignoring, they'll pursue this as they think they've sent everything they need.

Comment

I would send that.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The persistent clowns at MKDP keep coming back, refuting that the Barclaycard debt is NOT in depute and IS enforceable. They say Barclaycard have obliged their legal requirement with what they sent and that they are resuming their attempts to contact me to settle the account.
                MKDP confirm that whilst they don't hold an original signed agreement - and this is the golden bit - "they have spoken to an employee of Barclaycard who confirmed that with the information stored on their systems, a properly executed agreement was in place in accordance with Section 61 (1) of the CC Act 1964". They finish by saying they have no obligation to supply the signed agreement and the reconstituted copy is satisfactory. Unbelievable.

When will they ever learn? I guess I'll be sending the Refusal To Accept UE Status letter - but from what I've had from them so far, it looks like MKDP won't take no for an answer.

Comment

So MKDP on behalf of Barclaycard continually argue that they have fulfilled their requirements with a reconstituted copy and that they do not accept the account is unenforceable plus they will be pursuing me for the balance. Nothing I send them is deterring them and they are adamant that they do not need to send me anything else. Should I just ignore them now or is there an appropriate template letter that I can send? I thought the Final Response, but they will ignore that like the last letter and reiterate their determination that the debt is enforceable. Persistent b*ggers

Comment

Not sure how to proceed with this? Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by benadabec View Post
                      So MKDP on behalf of Barclaycard continually argue that they have fulfilled their requirements with a reconstituted copy and that they do not accept the account is unenforceable plus they will be pursuing me for the balance. Nothing I send them is deterring them and they are adamant that they do not need to send me anything else. Should I just ignore them now or is there an appropriate template letter that I can send? I thought the Final Response, but they will ignore that like the last letter and reiterate their determination that the debt is enforceable. Persistent b*ggers
                      Originally posted by benadabec View Post
                      Not sure how to proceed with this? Any suggestions?
                      If it were me I'd see what they send next.....
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OK Deepie. Thanks

Comment

I'm dealing similarly, I ignored a few, they sent a final response and then I sent a new CCA which they have ignored, now they've passed to Raven who have sent a fairly mild letter, sent off a swid and will await their response Raven is part of the same company, so a couple of desks along really, wonder why they think this is an effective way to run their business, fail to see why they can't just be honest, and admit they bought a whole tree of lemons?

Comment

I think you're right MrsD. They are so persistent that this is enforceable - its as though they are desperately trying to convince themselves that this will end up as a big payload for themselves

Comment

Any news ?
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

18 months from any last real activity, and my Barclaycard account has been sold by MKDP to Robinson Way. RW have just written stating that they are the new owners of the account and that I should contact them with regards to payment options. I've just sent back the Account Sold in Dispute letter and we'll see what they come back with. I'm only 10 months from SB for 3 of my accounts and 15 months from this one and one other. Was kind of hoping to see out the remainder with no correspondence but that was wishful thinking

Comment

Working...
                                X