GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script benadabec UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

benadabec UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: benadabec UE Diary

Originally posted by benadabec View Post
    Letter from Barclaycard regarding a final demand re Visa card (only ever sent me a sheet of terms and conditions). Statements are now going to stop being sent (at last) and if a payment isn't made by 8 August, they may proceed to sending a debt collector round and/or they may start legal proceedings. Is this an ignore as usual?

Also I am getting away for 2 weeks from next weekend, is there anything they might send that would cause problems with not responding to? Like a legal notice or something that requires an urgent response? There's not much I can do about it, just preparing to return home to a festering pile of cronk from the delightful Barclaycard.
    Just ignore, go away and have a nice break
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

More correspondence from the w@nk3rs at Barclays! This time re. the overdraft. Lovely letter with big red letters FINAL WARNING: LEGAL ACTION. If I don't pay the full amount in ten days, I may receive a summons from the county court and receive a judgement registered against me, they may request a charging order against the property, attachment of earnings, debt collector may call etc.

It goes on: unless I pay the full amount immediately, it will be passed on to their legal department. If this happens they will register my name and details with CRA's which may seriously affect my credit rating (oh no).

So is this unlikely to be passed to a DCA who I can haggle the amount I pay back? Is Barclays legal department a formidable force to be reckoned with? What should I do next with this?

Comment

Overdrafts you need to ignore them or arange to pay it's up to you
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm sure I will have to pay at some point. Niddy's advice earlier this year was

"it may be best to let it default (they will not close it and haggle, doesn't work like that) - by defaulting now at you know in 6yrs it will be gone for good, so just don't pay it and see what happens, then when it's been sold you can haggle a payoff of around £300 with a DCA for it"

My question is Barclays are threatening legal action next if the full amount isn't paid - I thought the next step would be for Barclays to sell it on, and I haggle a payoff amount with a DCA - so am I best to leave and see what happens and if they pursue legal action or arrange payment on the full amount? A little confused

Comment

I have the same sort of thing happening with my Lloyds overdraft, last I heard was from solicitors but so far they do not seem to have sold it on, and I have not yet heard anything about court. They did close the account and I have no access to it from online banking.
            If Barclays are doing the same sort of thing I would say either wait and see what they do with it, if its sold try to come to an arrangement with whoever buys it, if they send court papers try to come to an agreement with Barclays before the court date plus if you are not worried about a ccj then you may have a sensible monthly amount to pay set by the court.
            Good luck with whatever you do.
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Thanks Susie. Good to know someone else is dealing with this overdraft process too. I guess I'll wait and see what comes next, the thought of some legal demand coming through, especially as there's no CCA unenforceability, isn't the most appealing!

Comment

I'm sure I will have to pay at some point. Niddy's advice earlier this year was

"it may be best to let it default (they will not close it and haggle, doesn't work like that) - by defaulting now at you know in 6yrs it will be gone for good, so just don't pay it and see what happens, then when it's been sold you can haggle a payoff of around £300 with a DCA for it"

My question is Barclays are threatening legal action next if the full amount isn't paid - I thought the next step would be for Barclays to sell it on, and I haggle a payoff amount with a DCA - so am I best to leave and see what happens and if they pursue legal action or arrange payment on the full amount? A little confused
                Barclays will not be able to take action unless it is first defaulted. Have you had a default notice yet?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                  I have the same sort of thing happening with my Lloyds overdraft, last I heard was from solicitors but so far they do not seem to have sold it on, and I have not yet heard anything about court. They did close the account and I have no access to it from online banking.
                  If Barclays are doing the same sort of thing I would say either wait and see what they do with it, if its sold try to come to an arrangement with whoever buys it, if they send court papers try to come to an agreement with Barclays before the court date plus if you are not worried about a ccj then you may have a sensible monthly amount to pay set by the court.
                  Good luck with whatever you do.
                  If they send court papers before defaulting/terminating then bloody great! But I doubt they will, so after you've been defaulted then you can look to continue to ignore or consider repayments....

Pre default, you need to ignore them - they physically cannot start legal action on a live account!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Barclays will not be able to take action unless it is first defaulted. Have you had a default notice yet?
                    I don't believe so. I shall double check my paperwork tonight. Amazing how some time away scrambles the brain!

I also came home to about 20 messages and a letter from Credit Solutions acting for Barclaycard Visa. The usual "pay or it could result in debt collectors calling/a county court claim". It was sent on 18th August, so continue to leave or send a reply?

Thanks

Comment

I don't believe so. I shall double check my paperwork tonight. Amazing how some time away scrambles the brain!

I also came home to about 20 messages and a letter from Credit Solutions acting for Barclaycard Visa. The usual "pay or it could result in debt collectors calling/a county court claim". It was sent on 18th August, so continue to leave or send a reply?

Thanks
                      Send this Harassment by Telephone

Comment

Credit Solutions/Power2Contact re. Barclaycard Visa have now sent me a card informing me of their intention to visit to the house this Wednesday between 9am and 9pm

There's no way I can fire off a 'threat of doorstep visit' letter to the a-holes before Wednesday seeing as they've confirmed they are coming, so what next? As for the visit, I guess it's an ignore job all day but should I send anything further to get these monkeys off my back. This is by far the most persistent of all debts

Comment

Is there a newsagent anywhere near you that has fax services? that way you could get it to them tomorrow and send the hardcopy by post.
                          When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Credit Solutions/Power2Contact re. Barclaycard Visa have now sent me a card informing me of their intention to visit to the house this Wednesday between 9am and 9pm

There's no way I can fire off a 'threat of doorstep visit' letter to the a-holes before Wednesday seeing as they've confirmed they are coming, so what next? As for the visit, I guess it's an ignore job all day but should I send anything further to get these monkeys off my back. This is by far the most persistent of all debts
                            Ok, well if they come just ignore the door - go out for the day, or just sit there and even if they come, ignore them. If they look through window then go to the window and tell them to fuckoff before you call the police.

However, they have NO rights and will not even try and lie about it cos they know they have NO rights.......

Comment

There is if you have a fax machine......?

edit - thanks Susie

Comment

does it actually say they will visit? or does it say contact? it could just be a phone call
                                if they do actually turn up don't answer the door or open it and tell em to piss off.
                                end of.
                                they have no rights, so tell em to go, and they have to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X