GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script benadabec UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

benadabec UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: benadabec UE Diary

Received the 'other documents' - they were 2 pages of new terms and conditions from 2010 and my current address! I shall continue to ignore these pecker heads

Comment

Originally posted by benadabec View Post
      Received the 'other documents' - they were 2 pages of new terms and conditions from 2010 and my current address! I shall continue to ignore these pecker heads
      Yes, ignore them
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Round 3 with Halifax

I've now been contacted by Westcot to pay up. I'm guessing I send off the 'Account sold while in dispute' letter as per last time to get this new monkey off my back.

Thinking about this merry-go-round, Halisacks know they won't get any more money from me so they keep selling the account on to new DCA's who, I presume, pay Halisacks for the account. So they make money from selling the account on every time without telling the DCA the account is in dispute before it gets passed back. Wonder how much the DCA's pay the OC for each account?

Comment

Round 3 with Halifax

I've now been contacted by Westcot to pay up. I'm guessing I send off the 'Account sold while in dispute' letter as per last time to get this new monkey off my back.

Thinking about this merry-go-round, Halisacks know they won't get any more money from me so they keep selling the account on to new DCA's who, I presume, pay Halisacks for the account. So they make money from selling the account on every time without telling the DCA the account is in dispute before it gets passed back. Wonder how much the DCA's pay the OC for each account?
          Hiya, send the template as mentioned - yes. The way they assign debt doesn't work like that, basically they do not receive payment for a debt until they assign it totally (absolute assignment) so no, they will not be making a dime from this.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just an update from me:

Wescot acknowledged my 'sold in dispute' letter and said they are going back to their client to check, will be in touch in due course

Marbles have sent letters saying I am in arrears and if it's not cleared then they will assign a DCA

Barclaycard Goldfish have sent a letter saying that account has not been paid and if it remains unpaid, they will pass on to Mercers to send a DN, call at house etc.

My main gripe though is Barclaycard and a ridiculous, unbelievable amount of phone calls. I've been literally hounded for weeks. I was happy enough to ignore the calls initially, but the frequency has increased dramatically. I now get 7 calls a day on my mobile, 7 to the house. That's 14 calls a day. 7 days a week! That's nearly 100 calls per week. They NEVER leave a message, just the calls. And I don't know whether it's the Goldfish account or Visa account or both. I didn't want to send a harassment letter because I didn't want to rock the boat and aggravate them into action, but this is stupid. 8am to 9pm Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6.30pm on a Sunday!
            Out of the 3 levels of severity of telephone harassment letters, I'd go straight to defcon 2 or 3. But should I send one letter to Barclaycard covering both accounts or two separate letters or look at changing numbers? Personally I don't think they should get away with it.

Well done Barclaycard - you've really pushed my buttons

Comment

At that level of harassment you need to be logging the calls, date and time. Try answering to find out who's calling so you can link the number to the account.

If they keep on like that they could be in the doo-doo.

Comment

I seem to remember reading that barclaycard got fined for their bloody silent calls, I would send a letter asking them to cease and desist, start with Niddy's first letter and work your way up. They've been ringing us for weeks and i sent off the letter, its more or less stopped just the occasional oddly timed one, so worth doing. can't understand their business plan at all, if they don't say anything and you don't know who they are, how could you even pay (if it was snowing in hell and you wanted too)?? mad daft buggers..............

Comment

Send one of these per account, in order (you can send two for two separate accounts in the same envelope if you want):

And yes, after the recent victorious Harrison case - always log phone calls as it can help you win if it went to court!

1. Harassment by Telephone Template

2. Harassment by Telephone Follow-Up Template

3. Harassment by Telephone Threat of Legal Action Template

Comment

Thanks all for the advice, will get the first tel harass letter off today, stop those bloody calls coming in

Comment

Had a follow-up from Westcot. With Robinson Way and CapQuest, they both went back to Halifax regarding the CCA and ended up giving the account back to the OC. Westcot have said having contacted their client, they have no notes regarding a CCA request, and that I should contact Halifax directly to resolve the matter. Even though in both letters from previous DCA's they say they returned the account to the OC and they were aware why the account had been returned to them. Cheeky b'stards now trying an ignorant route! Had a look at the templates but couldn't see which one I would send to say this has all been covered, unless I ignore?

Comment

morning Ben

Niddy is on his hols but I would just ignore the muppets for the moment and see what pops up (if anything does)

Comment

Had a follow-up from Westcot. With Robinson Way and CapQuest, they both went back to Halifax regarding the CCA and ended up giving the account back to the OC. Westcot have said having contacted their client, they have no notes regarding a CCA request, and that I should contact Halifax directly to resolve the matter. Even though in both letters from previous DCA's they say they returned the account to the OC and they were aware why the account had been returned to them. Cheeky b'stards now trying an ignorant route! Had a look at the templates but couldn't see which one I would send to say this has all been covered, unless I ignore?
                          You just ignore them now - don't worry....

Comment

I'm sure Westcot will be back in touch when they realise nobody's doing anything! Happy enough to ignore though. Enjoy the break Niddy!

Comment

I'm sure Westcot will be back in touch when they realise nobody's doing anything! Happy enough to ignore though. Enjoy the break Niddy!

Seems to have done the trick, i've just bumped you from page 3!

Comment

Received two letters from Mercers who have taken over the two Barclaycard accounts, both being default notices. I guess I ignore for the time being?

Now I'm don't fully understand the default process but on my Goldfish account, I was sent a default last year on 1 March when I was trying to reduce my payments. Now they've sent me another, a year later. The difference being the amount has changed from £12,797.28 on 1 March 2010 asking for £208, then on 1 April 2011 the amount is £13,045.10 and they want £198.00. Is this not 2 default notices for the same account? Apologies if I'm missing something or being naive

Comment

Working...
                                X