GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Elsie52's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elsie52's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Elsie52's UE Diary

It is great to see Elsie is doing so well and that things are much quieter one for her. Well done for believing and taking the plunge!
    Indeed Pixie we are twins and nearing our 5th anniversary .....thank you to all the team and in particular HRH Niddy , as I too would have gone under without your help.

Comment

Hi Elsie

Another couple of months closer to SB! Fingers crossed for you

Best
      SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, from me, as well, Elsie!

Hope things are going well for you.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi lovely lady hope you and yours are well xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Just a belated update, and a request for guidance please. Its almost 7 years since we sent out our CCA, 19th April 2010, so we should be statute barred but..........Cabot took over our account from Lloyds TSB and today I received a phone call from them totally out of the blue.!! Lloyds defaulted us on the 21st August 2010, and Cabot took over the account in April 2013, we last had a letter from Cabot January 2016, telling us we needed to contact them, yet again. I had previously written to them with the usual Account sold whilst in dispute leters etc, so I ignored them. Is there something else I should be sending to them to tell them to clear off.?? I thought we were home and dry, so totally shocked that they have reared their heads now. x Any help, advice on what to do next would be appreciated. They are going to be writing to me in the next couple of days, I didn't go through security so they didn't discuss the account with me.

Comment

Hi Hun

Hell what a shock , sure someone will be here soon .Hope you and yours are well. xxxxxx

Comment

Let them write to you and let us know what they say, could be they are trying their luck xx

Comment

I'm fine thank you Nanna........family all okay, but live even further away from us due to work commitments etc. Could have done without this shock though, really thought that after all this time it was over with.!! Will see what the letter says when it arrives.!

Comment

I should think it's knocked you for six.What if you drop Niddy a pm? xx

Comment

It could simply be that they need telling that its now SB, and they should mark the file "Lost cause" and leave you alone. I would guess that their system does not automatically flag an account as SB so they (and other DCA's) will carry on chasing until they are told they are too late Must have been a shock after so long, but probably nothing to worry about.
                      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Hello Elsie x

This seems like it's definitely SB whichever way you look at it. Wait for their letter then either send the SB letter or just ignore.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

As others have said, They are trying their luck

Although to be fair to them, They will have bought a large batch of accounts all at the same time so they will not have researched the history of the account etc ( Which I agree is completely wrong but that is how they operate)

If you are comfortably past the SB threshold then a simple letter should nip in in the bud but if it were me ( As long as the letters/calls are not bothering you) I would play for a little more time to be extra safe as the exact Cause of action/Default/SB argument is still not finalised and I would hate to have come this far to fall just short

By the sounds of things you are likely well into SB status so not as much of a worry

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will wait for their letter and see what they have to say. I am away from home from Sunday for a week, so that will delay things..........I won't be rushing to reply to them either. I will stall for as long as I can and if all else fails send the SB letter and see what happens then. Thanks again all. x

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
                              Thanks everyone. I will wait for their letter and see what they have to say. I am away from home from Sunday for a week, so that will delay things..........I won't be rushing to reply to them either. I will stall for as long as I can and if all else fails send the SB letter and see what happens then. Thanks again all. x
                              Hi Elsie52 Final roll of the dice by the sharks (hoping for a bite) ha ha no Danger your silence will be golden. Take care

Comment

Working...
                              X