GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jen_Br UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jen_Br UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jen_Br UE Diary

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
    ANOTHER Saturday and another 2 new brand new DCAs for both Mine and DHs Cr.Card.
    .......................... somehow this isn't classed as an update, more like a thought (out loud).

care to at least elaborate Jen?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry NID was a bit of a thought out loud. Just another two new DCAs for me and MrBrs CC. as soon as I send a letter off another DCA takes it over... just getting kinda old lol. All though I have been made aware of just how many DCAs there are.

Allied International seems to be my fav.

Comment

Sorry NID was a bit of a thought out loud. Just another two new DCAs for me and MrBrs CC. as soon as I send a letter off another DCA takes it over... just getting kinda old lol. All though I have been made aware of just how many DCAs there are.

Allied International seems to be my fav.
        They're all muppets jen
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Update:
          DH's Lloyds tsb CC-- still getting letters from various DCA's been a while since ive sent a letter off to them but for now im ignoring
          My Lloyds TSB CC -- Same as above.

Now, DH's TSB Loan-- this was only taken out a few years ago and I did send off a request to buy some time. I got it back and like I said above I was disgusted to see the fact that they charged the 20% interest. Considering at the time we couldn't afford it.. they knew it (as we said it whilst talking to them ) but we were stuck - im sure that recorded phone call of theirs will somehow be deleted.

Anyway im not sure what to do.. i mean APEX have just sent a letter about it they are the 5 DCA this week to do so. I realise its not UE but I'd kinda like to fight it on the moral issue about irresponsible lending-- not sure id win. Any advice?
          Last edited by jen_br; 31 March 2011, 07:38.

Comment

Jen just ignore them - fight on moral grounds til you're blue in the face, it'll not work i'm afraid - unless you went all the way via FOS etc....?

Personally, consider this if they try for court action, but in the main I'd be prone to ignore for the moment....

Comment

Righty-o I will ignore thing is I feel that im right in this stance, if they looked at our bank account (which was with them) the CC (again which was with them) and then saw the salary going in (again which went in their accounts) they would know that under no uncertain should they have lended to us.

So I guess I will wait for the CCJ papers which im sure they will send (and not too sure why they haven't tbh) and then use this maybe as my defence. Id be happy if they wrote off 80%

Comment

Righty-o I will ignore thing is I feel that im right in this stance, if they looked at our bank account (which was with them) the CC (again which was with them) and then saw the salary going in (again which went in their accounts) they would know that under no uncertain should they have lended to us.

So I guess I will wait for the CCJ papers which im sure they will send (and not too sure why they haven't tbh) and then use this maybe as my defence. Id be happy if they wrote off 80%
                Nah, lets not wish they go for CCJ - not really something we do much Jen

Seriously, just leave it for now and see what they do want to do.... it may be that a DCA will accept 20% - who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Nah, lets not wish they go for CCJ - not really something we do much Jen

Seriously, just leave it for now and see what they do want to do.... it may be that a DCA will accept 20% - who knows?

hah I know what you mean but-- I just found it weird as its just a loan and not part of the UE, im shocked they have not applied for CCJ.

Comment

UPDATE:

DH's CC- Lloyds tsb currently getting letters and calls from some DCA we just ignore.
                    My CC- Lloyds tsb- Currently with Allied interational again keep getting calls and letters just ignore.

Now the Loan that is in DH's name that isn't UE but was given to us clearly at a HIGH interest rate and when we couldn't afford it-- This has been passed onto APEX-- who have now said :

basically they are tired and upset we haven't responded their next step is to pass it to the litigation team and it could mean seizure of house or deduction of earnings. they also go on to say "we have used our resources and we can prove that you do infact have the means to pay this loan".

Comment

Now the Loan that is in DH's name that isn't UE but was given to us clearly at a HIGH interest rate and when we couldn't afford it-- This has been passed onto APEX-- who have now said :

basically they are tired and upset we haven't responded their next step is to pass it to the litigation team and it could mean seizure of house or deduction of earnings. they also go on to say "we have used our resources and we can prove that you do infact have the means to pay this loan".
                      I would now consider formally reporting this as a mis-sale under financial mis-selling (ie they knew you couldn't afford it but was insistent that you took it out) - and then send a copy of the formal FOS complaint to the DCA so they know you're serious about complaining, and that you aint prepared to drop it.....

Best of luck jen

Comment

Thanks, Do you feel I would really get anywhere with this? Or do you know of any sort of precedent? or some legislation I could quote.

Comment

Thanks, Do you feel I would really get anywhere with this? Or do you know of any sort of precedent? or some legislation I could quote.
                          Honest answer - i'd not bother with it, but if you want to argue, you "could do".... it's really up to you.

Precedent, you'd have to search the FSA/FOS complaints logs to find examples..... it would be tedious, but could be worthwhile - I honestly don't know.

Comment

Complaint has been lodged I sought independant advice, and spoke with the FOS and they agree with me.

Comment

Complaint has been lodged I sought independant advice, and spoke with the FOS and they agree with me.
                              let us know how you get on....

Comment

Well Roll On to Aug 13th This hasn't been touched in a while...

Lloyds TSB CC- My name(Deemed UE) - ATM with APEX they call I tell them to write, etc etc... Ive told them the account is in dispute, they tell me that lloyds say its not (all this done in writing) Something I should send?
                                __________________________________________________ _________________________

Lloyds TSB CC DH's Name (Deemed UE)- Well this is with Credit Security Ltd. Now we received a letter ON PINK PAPER... So please visualise this on PINK PAPER as you read (I think its suppose to scare me more? or did they run out of white?)

"Once again you have disregarded our request ofr payment. We are now left with one course of Action but beore refferring your account for LEGAL action annd in a final gesture to resolve this matter our clients are prepared to accept a reduced sum in the settlement (from 12835------>8985.10). Pay us in the next 7 days and we will ammend your CRF"
                                What should I send here if anything? Maybe the pink paper has me worried lol
                                __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Last but not least and most worrysome.

Lloyds TSB Loan (enforceable we think as its only a 2.5-3yr old) We had set up payments but this is the loan I begrudged as they knew we couldn't afford it ad we needed money for CSA and medical bills so they said "sureee" and told us to fudge the numbers for how much we earned (bare in mind the above CC existed then with that balance) and slapped on a 21% interest rate!!!more then my fricken CC. Back to the payments we set up payments Via CAB- made a few but then lloyds after 2 months sold the debt despite agreeing and told us "Oh well deal with the DCA"

Its now with Moorcraft. the balance is 9382.61

Im not sure if this means we are being taken to court but it says

"It is a legal requirement to send a notice of Intended Litigation before proceedings in the County Court are issued. We believe that this letter fulfils this requirement even if its not actually read by you.

To prevent our recommending to our client that solicitors commence legal proceedings it is essential you settle this debt. .......We do not wish to have to do this but if agreement can't be reached by the 16th a claim may be issued by solicitors to act on on behalf of our client without further notice.

We draw to your attention that if judgement and an order for repayment in full is obtained and reamins unpaid a range of Court enforcement options are avail to our cleint and an application for one may be considered.
                                ............legal costs, etc you will pay."

Colour coded for easy reading.
                                Last edited by jen_br; 12 August 2011, 11:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X