GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sebaab View Post

So now I'm classsed as a broken payer
    I would just ignore

One question, when RBS sold the debt- who did they sell it too. I know mine were sold to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd even though other 'bits' of cabot have written to me about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

is this just a letter or does it ask you to fill out forms and say if you dispute the debt etc

I am trying to work out if the letter is a Letter of claim or not.

If not, personally I would do nothing at the moment. If it is a letter of claim, maybe you need to do something
      Good Morning Warwick,
      It's a letter that basically asks me to visit thier website and either pay money or send them a message or both. There are no forms or anything with the letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

I would just ignore

One question, when RBS sold the debt- who did they sell it too. I know mine were sold to Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd even though other 'bits' of cabot have written to me about it.
        Yes, like yours, the debt was bought by Cabot Financial UK Ltd.

Comment

Yes, like yours, the debt was bought by Cabot Financial UK Ltd.
          Well I believe that may cause them some real problems but I am not an expert on that.

Comment

Re: sebaab's diary

Debt 6
            Type: Credit Card (Santander)
            Start Date: 2006
            Balance: 2.3k
            Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
            Paying by: not paying
            Account Owner: (Was SCL Collections) Now Santander
            Key:
            sent
            received
            other information

Start of Diary:

Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
            Dec 2106 from Santander "Notice of Sums in Arrears"
            Jan 2017 from Santander "Please make a payment", "We may be charging you fees for missing payments"
            Jan 2017 from Santander "Notice of Default Sums"
            Jan 2017 from Santander "Please call us urgently"
            Feb 2017 "We need you to repay the outstanding overdue amount", "if you don't you will need to pay the whole outstanding balance instead of just the arrears"

Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Santander
            Feb 2017 Letter From Santander "As you have not made a payment to clear the arrears, we now need you to clear the full balance outstanding of £x,xxx. Please make a payment by ringing us on xxxxxxxx"
            Feb 2017 Checked Royal Mail and CCA Request Letter hasn't been delivered yet (Posted 1st class signed for on 10th Feb)
            Feb 2017 from Santander (in response to my CCA request) "please find enclosed a copy of your Credit Agreement, T&C's & Statement of Account" Niddy says
            Feb 2017 from Santander Late payment charge and Interest on balance transfer added to debt

Uddate March 2017 from Santander "The above debt is still outstanding. If you do not make payment a default will be recorded on your account. Please call us"
            Update March 2017 from Santander Notice of default sums. "We've charged for missed payments" + Balance transfer interest has been added to the total. "You have failed to make a minimum payment"
            Update Apr 2017 from Santander "We may register a default if your arrears are not repaid. As you've not cleared the outstanding amount on your credit card, we have sent you a Default Notice served under section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which you will receive in the next few days. As well as the Default Notice, you will also receive another letter confirming that if this amount isn't repaid within 28 days of the date on the letter, we will be advising credit reference agencies that you have defaulted on your account. This default will remain on your credit file for 6 years and may impact you getting credit in the future. It's also possible that your account may be passed to a debt management company who will manage it on our behalf. However, should this happen, we will always let you know in advance. Please note that once the default is registered with the credit reference agencies we'll close your account and any payment we receive afterwards will be used to reduce the outstanding amount."
            Update Apr 2017 from Santander "This is a default notice served under Section 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974", "Provision of Agreement Breached", "Failure to pay overdue amount"
            Update Apr 2017 from Santander "We are writing to tell you that we plan to advise credit reference agencies that you have defaulted on your account because of your arrears balance. We will do this in 28 days time if you have not repaid your outstanding balance or been in touch with us so we can come to an agreement to repay this amount in full"
            Update Apr 2017 from Santander "Notice of Sum in Arrears", "your account is now 2 payments in arrears. Please contact us as soon as possible"
            Update Apr 2017 from Santander "Notice of Default Sums - Default Charge due to late monthly payment = £12.00. Balance Transfer Interest charged = £40.00"
            Update May 2017 from Santander "Notice of Default Sums - Default Charge due to late monthly payment = £12.00. Balance Transfer Interest charged = £40.00"

Update June 2017 from Wescot Credit Services "(In bold lettering) Our enquiries have indicated you are resident at the address above but we have not yet agreed a solution for this account with you", "It is essential that you contact us urgently to take control of this issue" .....blah blah nothing important.
            Update Dec 2018 from drydensfairfax solicitors "We are solicitors instructed by our client, Santander UK Plc, to obtain payment of the amount xxxxxx or to take appropriate recovery action should you fail to pay. Please contact us by xx December 2018 to agree a satisfactory solution to this matter.
            Please go to (drydensfairfax website) to register which will allow you to make secure payments or contact us via our secure message service.
            Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter. It is most improtant that you make payment or contact us by xx December 2018 to discuss your current circumstances."
            Update Dec 2018 from drydensfairfax solicitors "To avoid further recovery action, payment of xxxx.xx must be made to this office by 27th December 2018", (...details of various ways to pay...), "Failure to contact us may mean further recovery action will commence"
            Received letter from DrydensFairfax - usual blah fluff. I wonder if this outfit is a real solicitor? Will ignore and see what happens

Comment

Working...
            X