GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    replied
    Re: sebaab's diary

Originally posted by sebaab View Post
    Debt 6
    Feb 2017 "We need you to repay the outstanding overdue amount", "if you don't you will need to pay the whole outstanding balance instead of just the arrears"
    Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Santander
    Feb 2017 Letter From Santander "As you have not made a payment to clear the arrears, we now need you to clear the full balance outstanding of £x,xxx. Please make a payment by ringing us on xxxxxxxx"
    These two letters seem to indicate they have closed the account.
    Others might have other suggestions, but if it was me I wouldn't reply or have contact again with Santander.

Leave a comment:

• JLC
    replied

Once they default then the charges will stop. You could confuse/delay them by sending a missing PTs letter. Not sure what anyone else would suggest. Pixie is your best bet to ask.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Letter from Santander. They're adding charges for non payment and adding interest now for the balance transfer

Do you think I should reply back with something now? Thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 6
    Type: Credit Card (Santander)
    Start Date: 2006
    Balance: 2.3k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Paying by: not paying
    Account Owner: (Was SCL Collections) Now Santander
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    Dec 2106 from Santander "Notice of Sums in Arrears"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Please make a payment", "We may be charging you fees for missing payments"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Notice of Default Sums"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Please call us urgently"
    Feb 2017 "We need you to repay the outstanding overdue amount", "if you don't you will need to pay the whole outstanding balance instead of just the arrears"
    Feb 2017 Letter From Santander "As you have not made a payment to clear the arrears, we now need you to clear the full balance outstanding of £x,xxx. Please make a payment by ringing us on xxxxxxxx"
    Feb 2017 Checked Royal Mail and CCA Request Letter hasn't been delivered yet (Posted 1st class signed for on 10th Feb)
    Feb 2017 from Santander (in response to my CCA request) "please find enclosed a copy of your Credit Agreement, T&C's & Statement of Account"
    Niddy says
    Feb 2017 from Santander Late payment charge and Interest on balance transfer added to debt

Uddate March 2017 from Santander "The above debt is still outstanding. If you do not make payment a default will be recorded on your account. Please call us"
    Update March 2017 from Santander
    Notice of default sums. "We've charged for missed payments" + Balance transfer interest has been added to the total. "You have failed to make a minimum payment"

Letter from Santander. They're adding charges for non payment and adding interest now for the balance transfer

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 6
    Type: Credit Card (Santander)
    Balance: 2.3k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Account Owner: (Was SCL Collections) Now Santander
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    Dec 2106 from Santander "Notice of Sums in Arrears"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Please make a payment", "We may be charging you fees for missing payments"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Notice of Default Sums"
    Jan 2017 from Santander "Please call us urgently"
    Feb 2017 Checked Royal Mail and CCA Request Letter hasn't been delivered yet (Posted 1st class signed for on 10th Feb)
    Feb 2017 from Santander (in response to my CCA request) "please find enclosed a copy of your Credit Agreement, T&C's & Statement of Account"
    Niddy says
    Feb 2017 from Santander Late payment charge and Interest on balance transfer added to debt

Uddate March 2017 from Santander "The above debt is still outstanding. If you do not make payment a default will be recorded on your account. Please call us"

Letter from Santander received as above ^^ will ignore

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 5
    Type: Credit Card (M&S)
    Balance: 2k
    Account Owner: M&S
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    4 December 2016 Received letter from M&S Credit Card "we've been trying to contact you" and "We can give you a 40% reduction if you pay us a full and final settlement amount
    5 Jan 2017 from M&S "we've now asked Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd to take responsibility for your account"
    8 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "Your account has been passed to us. Please contact us to pay"
    24 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "We've been unable to make contact with you"
    8 Feb 2017 from Moorcroft "Monthly installment offer. Please call if you wish to take advantage of the offer"
    Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
    Update Feb '17: Letter received from Moorcroft "We have requested the relevant documentation from our client and will forward it to you when it is received", "We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable payment plan"
    Update March 2017 from M&S They have sent me a credit agreement. Will send to Niddy
    This one is
    Update March 2017 from Moorcroft 'As we have complied with your request we will commence collection methods in 2 weeks"
    Update March 2017 from Moorcroft "We haven't been able to make contact with you so will continue with debt collection. This may include us or another agency writing to you"
    Update from Moorcroft. Standard letter saying they will send more letters if I don't contact them. Ignoring for now

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Thank you everyone I am well chuffed and I will keep the letter very safe. I feel very lucky to have found AAD when I did

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

Great - you must be chuffed.

Leave a comment:

• greymatter
    replied

Brilliant news

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

Congratulations, thats a lovely letter to receive

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

That's great news. Keep that letter safe just in case ......... If only every CCA request resulted in the same letter!

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Fantastic result , keep that letter very very safe. Congratulations ,love good news me .1 down xxxxxxxxxxx

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 1

Type: Credit Card (Barclaycard) (Formerly Egg Card)
    Start Date: 1999
    Balance: 4.5k
    Account Owner: Link Financial Outsourcing
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    21 Oct 2016 from Asset Link Capital "we have assigned Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd to service your account. Please continue with your regular payments"
    Feb 2017 CCA request sent
    Update Feb '17 Letter from Link Financial "You've requested documents under section 77/88", "We purchased your debt from Barclaycard in Sept 2016", "We've requested the documents", "Can take up to 30 days"
    Update March 2017 Letter from Link Financial "With reference to your section 77/78 request the original creditor has confirmed that they are unable to fulfill this. Although the agreement is unenforceable the account balance remains collectable"

Letter from Link saying this is unenforceable

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

I agree with Pixie. The CCA's for a couple of my alleged debts were deemed enforceable by Niddy. However, I have managed to blag them as UE, using the templates, for 3.5 years until they were sold on.

When the new debt purchaser started chasing, I issued new CCA requests. That was about 5 months ago, and they are still awaiting documentation from the originating creditor.

(Edit; Although waiting for another chasing letter before replying could be a good idea too. Especially as that could be in a couple of weeks. )
    Last edited by Still Waving; 8 March 2017, 17:23.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Did you send anything back to Moorcroft when you received the cca? It's a good idea to send one of the replies as if it's UE
    Is it? Makes sense I guess. I was going to wait until their next letter. What reply do you suggest? and thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X