GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sebaab
    replied
    Originally posted by sebaab View Post

In response to my CCA request way back in Feb 2017 they've now sent me some paperwork. Can I send it to you for evaluation please Niddy?
    This one is UE

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Hi

email it to Niddy - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk - Head it Sebaab's CCA and include a link to this thread in the email.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

In response to my CCA request way back in Feb 2017 they've now sent me some paperwork. Can I send it to you for evaluation please Niddy?
    Hi

email it to Niddy - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk - Head it Sebaab's CCA and include a link to this thread in the email.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied
    Re: sebaab's diary

Debt 4
    Type: Credit Card (Barclaycard)
    Start Date: 2008
    Balance: 5.2k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Paying by: not paying
    Account Owner: PRA Group UK
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:

11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    20 Jan 2017 from PRA Group "Your account is being managed by our investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery." "If we do not hear from you within 14 days we will move to the next stage"
    8 Feb 2017 from PRA Group "This is a letter before claim as required by the Practice on Pre-Action Protocols, to give you notice of PRA Group's intention to issue court proceedings against you" Gives details of the "written agreement" that I entered into.

Feb 2017 CCA request sent to PRA Group
    Update Feb '17 Letter from PRA Group "Dear Mr (Incorrect Surname!)", "I've requested the required information. Until this is received I have placed your account on hold", "I will contact you as soon as possible"

Update Sept '17 Letter from PRA Group A basic account summary. Also a discounted settlement offer.
    Update Jan '18 Letter from PRA Group "We have enclosed copy documents as requested. Enclosed: Short Form Cancellation, Historic Terms and Conditions, Varied Terms and Conditions"

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 8
    Type: Credit Card (Natwest)
    Start Date: 2010
    Balance: 3k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Account Owner: Wescot Credit Services
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:

24 Dec 2016 from Wescot Credit Services Ltd "contact us directly to discuss your situation"
    Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Wescot
    Feb 2017 letter from Wescot "Following your recent request for a copy of the signed agreement , our client has requested you write to the following address and state in your covering letter that this is section 77/78 request and enclose a £1.00 postal order or cheque payable to our client (******address of client here*****), trusting the above clarifies the situation"
    Nov 2017 letter from Cabot Financial "Our offer to you. We are prepared to reduce the balance to help you become free blah blah. If you'd like to contact us blah blah"
    Same as above - Cabot offering a reduced balance amount to clear the "debt". No thanks I'll wait to see what happens

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 7
    Type: Credit Card (RBS)
    Start Date: 2010
    Balance: 1.2k
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:

24 Dec 2016 from Wescot Credit Services Ltd "contact us directly to discuss your situation"
    Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Wescot
    Feb 2017 letter from Wescot "Following your recent request for a copy of the signed agreement , our client has requested you write to the following address and state in your covering letter that this is section 77/78 request and enclose a £1.00 postal order or cheque payable to our client (******address of client here*****), trusting the above clarifies the situation"

Nov 2017 letter from Cabot Financial "Our offer to you. We are prepared to reduce the balance to help you become free blah blah. If you'd like to contact us blah blah"
    Cabot Financial have now taken over this debt and sent out a standard reduced balance offer. I'll pass thanks Cabot

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    I would ignore for now, rare any one calls, they will most probably phone you,
    Thanks. I will ignore it for now

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I think I would be tempted to wait and see which option they settle for.

(Is this the first letter received since last December ??)
    I've had a few letters saying the same - "please contact us or we will continue to contact you" sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    I would ignore for now, rare any one calls, they will most probably phone you,

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied

OK, so Moorcroft are now hinting at a home visit by one of their reps. Shall I continue to ignore them or send them a template letter?
    I think I would be tempted to wait and see which option they settle for.

(Is this the first letter received since last December ??)

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 3
    Type: Bank Overdraft (Natwest)
    Start Date: 1991 (opened account)
    Balance: 2.7k
    Last full Payment (interest payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:

24 Dec from Wescot "contact us directly to discuss your situation"

Update Sept 2017 from Moorcroft "As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following: (1)Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone, (2)Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you"
    OK, so Moorcroft are now hinting at a home visit by one of their reps. Shall I continue to ignore them or send them a template letter?
    Last edited by sebaab; 28 September 2017, 14:13.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied
    Originally posted by Spud View Post
    Given the amount of time that has passed since PRA's LBA and the length of time between letters since sending the CCA request I would do as you suggest and see what comes next

Do keep an eye on any letters they send though and flag it up if they start to threaten anything
    Will do, cheers. Luckily for me it looks like they can't fulfill my CCA request

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    Given the amount of time that has passed since PRA's LBA and the length of time between letters since sending the CCA request I would do as you suggest and see what comes next

Do keep an eye on any letters they send though and flag it up if they start to threaten anything

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 4
    Type: Credit Card (Barclaycard)
    Start Date: 2008
    Balance: 5.2k
    Account Owner: PRA Group UK
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:

20 Jan 2017 from PRA Group "Your account is being managed by our investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery." "If we do not hear from you within 14 days we will move to the next stage"
    8 Feb 2017 from PRA Group "This is a letter before claim as required by the Practice on Pre-Action Protocols, to give you notice of PRA Group's intention to issue court proceedings against you" Gives details of the "written agreement" that I entered into.

Feb 2017 CCA request sent to PRA Group
    Update Feb '17 Letter from PRA Group "Dear Mr (Incorrect Surname!)", "I've requested the required information. Until this is received I have placed your account on hold", "I will contact you as soon as possible"

Update Sept '17 Letter from PRA Group A basic account summary. Also a discounted settlement offer.
    Update time after a long period of inactivity. A non threatening letter arrives offering a settlement figure of approx 40% of the balance. No thanks PRA I think I'll ignore you again.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 5
    Type: Credit Card (M&S)
    Start Date: 2006
    Balance: 2k
    Account Owner: M&S
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:

4 December 2016 Received letter from M&S Credit Card "we've been trying to contact you" and "We can give you a 40% reduction if you pay us a full and final settlement amount
    5 Jan 2017 from M&S "we've now asked Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd to take responsibility for your account"
    8 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "Your account has been passed to us. Please contact us to pay"
    24 Jan 2017 from Moorcroft "We've been unable to make contact with you"
    8 Feb 2017 from Moorcroft "Monthly installment offer. Please call if you wish to take advantage of the offer"

Feb 2017 CCA request sent to Moorcroft
    Update Feb '17: Letter received from Moorcroft "We have requested the relevant documentation from our client and will forward it to you when it is received", "We must also stress that we are not seeking to enforce an agreement and have only asked that payment is made towards a debt that is outstanding by way of an affordable payment plan"
    Update March 2017 from M&S They have sent me a credit agreement. Will send to Niddy
    This one is
    Update March 2017 from Moorcroft 'As we have complied with your request we will commence collection methods in 2 weeks"
    Update March 2017 from Moorcroft "We haven't been able to make contact with you so will continue with debt collection. This may include us or another agency writing to you"
    Update Apr 2017 from Moorcroft "monthly Installment Offer"
    Update May 2017 from Moorcroft "Discount Offer", "We may be able to offer you a discount from your outstanding balance", "Phone us immediately"

Update June 2017 from M&S "We are writing to inform you that we have asked Fredrickson International to take responsibilty for your account. They will contact you in due course"
    Update June 2017 from Fredrickson "M&S Bank have instructed us to contact you regarding the above acccount and all communication should now be with us. Please contact us to discuss your account"
    Letter from Fredrickson International. I will ignore this one as it doesn't contain anything important/ threatening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X