GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sebaab's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebaab's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlanB
    replied
    Re: sebaab's diary

Originally posted by sebaab View Post
    CCA request now sent!
    May I ask who was the original creditor of this account opened in 2008?

It appears to be almost a year to the day since PRA sent you that LBA. Have you heard nothing whatsoever from them in all that time?

Di

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 4
    Type: Credit Card
    Start Date: 2008
    Balance: 5.2k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Paying by: arrangement
    Account Owner: PRA Group UK (original creditor Barclaycard)
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    20 Jan 2016 from PRA Group "Your account is being managed by our investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery." "If we do not hear from you within 14 days we will move to the next stage"

8 Feb 2016 from PRA Group "This is a letter before claim as required by the Practice on Pre-Action Protocols, to give you notice of PRA Group's intention to issue court proceedings against you" Gives details of the "written agreement" that I entered into.

9 Feb 2017 CCA request sent to PRA Group
    CCA request now sent!
    Last edited by sebaab; 10 February 2017, 05:44.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

OK I will. When you say sign it, do you mean with my proper signature?
    Slightly different but yea, pointless having them reject the request then issuing a claim so I'd sign personally.

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

The CCA is sent to whom ever is chasing you, then sit back and wait ,see what they send and let us know xx

You can sign digitally , make sure you send recorded and keep the receipt as proof of posting, oh and include £1 postal order.x

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Send CCA asap - today.

Yea they may issue a claim but to do so when in default of your s.78 request is a mistake so send CCA as soon as possible - sign it to avoid delay / a claim.
    OK I will. When you say sign it, do you mean with my proper signature?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Update from PRA
    Send CCA asap - today.

Yea they may issue a claim but to do so when in default of your s.78 request is a mistake so send CCA as soon as possible - sign it to avoid delay / a claim.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Ideally don't use your normal signature.

Send a cca if not already, to PRA, yes indeed. no need for LBA - purely as you've never done a CCA yet. So do a CCA asap. Just the CCA & £1 fee.

* Ordinarily i'd say send a LBA as Roger advised but there's no CCA so right now they probs think you're just not paying. Do the CCA but keep any LBA for post s.78 request threats.
    Thanks Niddy I will sign with a squiggle. The CCAs will be sent today recorded delivery. I'll update once done.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Debt 4
    Type: Credit Card
    Start Date: 2008
    Balance: 5.2k
    Last full Payment (min payment): Nov '12. Since then arrangement via DMP to Sept 2016
    Paying by: arrangement
    Account Owner: PRA Group UK
    Key:
    sent
    received
    other information

Start of Diary:
    11 Oct 2016 DMP direct debit cancelled. Payments stopped
    20 Jan 2016 from PRA Group "Your account is being managed by our investigations and Litigation Department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery." "If we do not hear from you within 14 days we will move to the next stage"

8 Feb 2016 from PRA Group "This is a letter before claim as required by the Practice on Pre-Action Protocols, to give you notice of PRA Group's intention to issue court proceedings against you" Gives details of the "written agreement" that I entered into.

Update from PRA

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Ideally don't use your normal signature.

Send a cca if not already, to PRA, yes indeed. no need for LBA - purely as you've never done a CCA yet. So do a CCA asap. Just the CCA & £1 fee.

* Ordinarily i'd say send a LBA as Roger advised but there's no CCA so right now they probs think you're just not paying. Do the CCA but keep any LBA for post s.78 request threats.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Hi all, regarding the CCA request - do I sign it with a pen or digitally sign it? Also, regarding the LBA I need to send to PRA - do I send them a CCA request too? thanks in advance, Sebaab

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Originally posted by JLC View Post
    To the company managing the account.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• JLC
    replied

Thanks I'll get that done Roger

- - - Updated - - -

Do I send CCA requests to the original creditor or debt company dealing with the account?
    To the company managing the account.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    You should immediately send PRA a LBA . They issue Claims in their own Right.

Thanks I'll get that done Roger

- - - Updated - - -

Do I send CCA requests to the original creditor or debt company dealing with the account?

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

OK I will do that from now on. I will send CCA requests now also. The threatening letter wasn't from a solicitor. It was from the debt recovery company
    You should immediately send PRA a LBA . They issue Claims in their own Right.

Leave a comment:

• sebaab
    replied

OK I will do that from now on. I will send CCA requests now also. The threatening letter wasn't from a solicitor. It was from the debt recovery company

Leave a comment:

Working...
X