GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DMP / Unenforceable Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMP / Unenforceable Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMP / Unenforceable Debt

I'm new here so please excuse any naivete or ignorance on my part. I'm looking for some advice and this forum seems to be the place to go.

I have 8 long-standing debts taken out before 2006. These equate to figures of between £12 to 2k. I have been paying these up until now by a DMP which I have now stopped as it was fee paying. I have ensured all available disposable income has been paid to these debts but by current reckoning it will still be another 12 years before they are cleared.

Given that I have stopped the fee paying DMP, I am expecting a barrage of mail.

I can set up payments myself and also have a small amount of unexpected funds available through a PPI windfall.

What should I do next? I am wondering about the validity of the debts and whether to start writing letters re the original agreements?

Thanks in advance.

Re: DMP / Unenforceable Debt

Hi and welcome xx it's a great idea if you could start your own thread in diaries, listing each one separately with as much info as possible , as then our team can guide you on each one .You are in the right place so good luck x

That's unenforceable agreements section.
    Last edited by nanna58; 8 October 2016, 08:17.
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
      Hi and welcome xx it's a great idea if you could start your own thread in diaries, listing each one separately with as much info as possible , as then our team can guide you on each one .You are in the right place so good luck x

That's unenforceable agreements section.
      Thanks v much and will do.

Regards

Comment

Welcome to AAD, I’ve moved your thread to the UE diary section, please do read here first --- > Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!

Best wishes
        IF
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
        X