GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Westham1 UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westham1 UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westham1 UE diary

Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
    Another letter. They want me to pay an amount that I am comfortable with and are offering me a £50 discount.
    This isn't as generous an offer as they have offered previously and is only available for 4 weeks, so I will not be taking it up.
    Great you are eating up the days towards SB nicely!
    Silence is golden!

Comment

Another letter. They want me to pay an amount that I am comfortable with and are offering me a £50 discount.
      This isn't as generous an offer as they have offered previously and is only available for 4 weeks, so I will not be taking it up.
      Just received one of those too. I imagine that this week there are lots of people deciding not to accept this generous offer.

Comment

Ah bless them! what a bout 100% offer and save themselves paper/postage etc
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm feeling left out now. They haven't written to me for months.

Comment

Another letter from Cabot. They are hoping a new approach could help me be free of this debt.
            Their goal is to understand what works best for me.

Comment

Snap! They've sent the same blurb to me today!

Comment

Another letter from Cabot. They are hoping a new approach could help me be free of this debt.
                Their goal is to understand what works best for me.
                It seems no reply is working best for you, they should have noticed that by now
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Letter from Cabot, giving an illustrative example of paying off £1000 in 2 years or 5 years.
                  Very informative, thanks very much I'll bear that in mind.
                  They say that any solution they can offer will be based on any goals I may have to repay my account.

Comment

That's nice. I'll probably be getting one of those. I have a long-term goal, but they won't like it.

Late Edit: Mine has just arrived. Something new on the letter - alongside my address there is a Zone reference. Don't know what it means.
                    Last edited by Still Waving; 1 June 2017, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                      That's nice. I'll probably be getting one of those. I have a long-term goal, but they won't like it.
                      Late Edit: Mine has just arrived. Something new on the letter - alongside my address there is a Zone reference. Don't know what it means.
                      Snap! I got the same one yesterday as well.

Comment

1st Credit
                        Account -formerly an Egg Account opened in 2005, transferred to Barclaycard in 2011 or 2012

May 2017

Letter from 1st Credit which was a copy of the one they sent in 2015 (see post #1).
                        They also enclosed a cca which they said satisfied my request in the letter I had sent.

However this cca was a copy of an application I made to Barclaycard in 2008., and the t&c's were from the Egg application.
                        The only account I opened with Barclaycard was the one in 2008 which was closed a couple of years ago with no issues.

8th June 2017
                        Another letter from 1st Credit threatening that County Court proceedings are being considered and that I need to contact them within 10 days (letter dated 2nd June).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Did you send a response to their May letter?

If not there is a T&C's Received letter which may suit the situation. See what others think first.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                            Did you send a response to their May letter?

If not there is a T&C's Received letter which may suit the situation. See what others think first.
                            No, I didn't reply.

Comment

1st Credit
                              Account -formerly an Egg Account opened in 2005, transferred to Barclaycard in 2011 or 2012
                              May 2017
                              Letter from 1st Credit which was a copy of the one they sent in 2015 (see post #1).
                              They also enclosed a cca which they said satisfied my request in the letter I had sent.

However this cca was a copy of an application I made to Barclaycard in 2008., and the t&c's were from the Egg application.
                              The only account I opened with Barclaycard was the one in 2008 which was closed a couple of years ago with no issues.

8th June 2017
                              Another letter from 1st Credit threatening that County Court proceedings are being considered and that I need to contact them within 10 days (letter dated 2nd June).

Any advice would be appreciated.
                              Might be useful to send Barclaycard a SAR !!

1st Credit I would simply send them the New LBA Letter New LBA Response -

Last edited by Roger; 8 June 2017, 17:03. Reason: spelling

Comment

If I send the LBA letter, should I add to it that the cca they have sent me is an application signed by me for a Barclaycard account which I opened in 2008 and was settled before it was closed in October 2014.Should I also point out that the account which they have have bought from Barclaycard shows on my credit report as having been opened in 2005 and was defaulted in December 2014, and that the T&c’s they have sent me seem to relate to an Egg card.

Comment

Working...
                                X