GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Westham1 UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westham1 UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westham1 UE diary

Tell them of course you are NOT on this number and you don't want PPI
    All nice and polite of course.
    You can always ask them the security questions. Without giving your name!
    Start with asking their name , ask the DOB, You can even ask for their Mothers Maiden name.
    Their Supervisors name, DOB , phone Number NOT so the Call can transferred but so that you can check them out!
    Nice and Polite and have Fun!
    If the Call is being recorded these are perfectly valid questions to handle Phishing Calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Tell them of course you are NOT on this number and you don't want PPI
      All nice and polite of course.
      You can always ask them the security questions. Without giving your name!
      Start with asking their name , ask the DOB, You can even ask for their Mothers Maiden name.
      Their Supervisors name, DOB , phone Number NOT so the Call can transferred but so that you can check them out!
      Nice and Polite and have Fun!
      If the Call is being recorded these are perfectly valid questions to handle Phishing Calls.
      Whilst I do appreciate the fun element of the above, Tempting as it is ......In real life I am not sure it would be a good idea.....Its unlikely I know but I would not want to stand before a judge in court whilst the claimants solicitor details how I had been obstructive to their attempts to assist me or whatever crap they try to make it out as

I would be inclined to follow S&V's suggestion

Its very tempting mind
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        You're actually better off answering the first call, and then informing them that you will not discuss the matter any further on the telephone, and that any future correspondence should be placed in writing.

When they ignore that (which they will), you can send them a telephone harassment letter, and then keep a record of the phone calls.

What you then do is paint them as the aggresive debt collector
        I would agree with this as it does give you some extra amo later down the line which can be used to your advantage. If they continue to ring after being told to communicate in writing only leaves them open to an official complaint, and taking it to the FoS if necessary. It's also handy for debts that may be approaching SB as once a complaint is raised with the FoS the creditor should hold off from commencing any court action while the complaint is ongoing. I got £50 compo from Lowell, a letter of apology and confirmation they won't be pursuing the debt further when I complained about the phone calls after telling them to communicate in writing only. If you've never given them your mobile number they obtain it from the likes of utility companies that you may have given it to.

Comment

Call on the landline today.
          Asked for me. I asked who it was. Lady replied "Cabot Financial". I said I didn't want PPI, She said "it's not PPI", then hung up.

Comment

Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
            Call on the landline today.
            Asked for me. I asked who it was. Lady replied "Cabot Financial". I said I didn't want PPI, She said "it's not PPI", then hung up.
            There are so many scams out there its not unrealistic is it?
            Love it!!

Comment

Hi,

Another letter from Cabot saying the balance is waiting to be paid. If we don't hear from you in the next couple of weeks we will continue to contact you.
              I'll wait to hear from them.

Comment

Hi Westham

If you're still getting the phone calls, please make sure that you're recording when you're receiving them, and if possible the calls themselves.

A recent court case against PRA group found against them after the made over 500 calls to the debtor concerned, and a judge found that as a result an unfair relationship has been estabished.

The more evidence you collect showing yourself as a vunerable debtor, and them the aggressive DCA helps this.

If you play 'silly buggers' it helps them paint the picture of a 'dirty debt dodger'.

Its all about how you approach things to help strengthen your case should things ever get to court.

Best
                SnV
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received a call from Cabot lady last week. Told her contact by letter only.
                  Letter today - we have been trying to contact you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Comment

Ah that's nice x hope they Don't mind waiting x
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Another letter from Cabot today.
                      They need to hear from me and will continue to contact me.

Comment

Their need is greater than yours xxx
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Cabot have written again.
                          They are prepared to reduce the debt to help me become free of it sooner.

Comment

Begging again!

Comment

If they reduce it to £0 then thats the time to accept a f&f
                              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
                                Cabot have written again.
                                They are prepared to reduce the debt to help me become free of it sooner.
                                I'm sure you're quite prepared to wait until it's SB to be free of it
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X