GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Westham1 UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westham1 UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just tell them to close the gate on the way out, and if they come back you will report harassment to the Regulators
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
      Another letter from Cabot.
      They say that they are going to instruct Resolvecall to visit me at my home as they have been unable to establish contact.
      Has anyone else been threatened with this, and has anyone had a visit from them?
      Hello Westham -- yes, I've just had that one. I think you and I get the exact same letters from them on the very same days! The general language of the letters is so unthreatening though. I'm tempted not to bother writing to them myself, although I'm open to advice or suggestions to the contrary on my diary thread! Are you close to being statute barred? I think I've got a couple of months to go (for all of the debts). So I'm happy to maintain a low profile for as long as possible!

Comment

• I received a letter from Resolvecall this morning acting on behalf of Cabot to discuss my account. If I don't respond to their letter within 7 days they will send some one to my house.
        Has anyone else had the same, and what should my response be?

Comment

• There is a threat of doorstep visit letter in the templates. Many companies threaten to visit but rarely do, if they do visit refuse entry or to talk to them and there is nothing they can do.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Man from Resolvecall knocked at the door today.
            I told him to go away and don't knock again.
            He asked me if (my name)lived here and I said no .
            He asked me if I knew where (my name) lives.
            I said no and he left.

Comment

• Handled like a professional......

Remind me never to play a game of poker with you.....

Comment

• I'm worried now that they will up the ante and start being threatening after 18 months of harmless letters

Comment

I'm worried now that they will up the ante and start being threatening after 18 months of harmless letters
                  What's the history with this account? Have you ever sent a CCA request, and did you receive paperwork in response, and if you did was it enforceable?

Comment

• I haven't sent a cca request yet.
                    There is a default date on my credit report in mid-March 2013 but I can't remember getting a default notice, and have a letter from RBS (this is a mint card opened in 2006) saying the account was closed in Feb 2013. Haven't paid anything since 2012.

Comment

• Hello Westham, sorry for very late response. I never did receive a visit from them, at least not to my knowledge. Others may correct me but I don't think these doorstep visits really mean anything in terms of upping the ante. It's just a [blunt] tool in their box to try and get a response. Literally just hiring somebody to knock on a door, and nothing else really ..!

Comment

I haven't sent a cca request yet.
                        There is a default date on my credit report in mid-March 2013 but I can't remember getting a default notice, and have a letter from RBS (this is a mint card opened in 2006) saying the account was closed in Feb 2013. Haven't paid anything since 2012.
                        actual last payment date/acknowledgement? where do you live? england/wales or scotland?

Comment

• Last payment date was September 2012 to Mint. Have never corresponded with Cabot. I live in England.

Comment

• so not far off statute barred then,

Comment

RBS (Mint)

Credit Card
                              Commenced Oct 2006
                              Approx balance £8k
                              Date last paid Sept 2012

Status Default
                              Owner Cabot

I was introduced to a company called Highbridge in 2012.In September of that year I contracted with them to take over assignment of 2 credit cards (Virgin and Mint), and they were to be the owners of the debts leaving me debt-free..The cost was 25% of my debts which were charged to the cards, so in effect it wouldn't cost me anything -I'm yet to find out!
                              At the beginning of last year, I received a letter from Highbridge saying they were being dissolved, so all of their clients were now on their own.
                              The Virgin card is now with PRA. I am currently waiting for a claim to be issued by their solicitors (in another thread), but it seems PRA themselves are now issuing claims - maybe the solicitors have abandoned them and mine has been forgotten, fingers crossed.
                              With the Mint card, I have had correspondence from Triton, and Greens Solicitors in 2013, then AIC in 2014, but I passed these on to Highbridge and heard no more.Last year in April I started getting letters from DLC which I ignored, then in June 2015 they threatened to return the account to RBS unless they heard from me, so it's been quiet until now. Today, I received a letter from RBS saying "We hereby give notice that we have sold your MINT card to Cabot Financial(UK) Limited".Does this count as a notice of assignment?
                              Cabot Financial (Europe) will be administering the account.There is also a welcome letter from Cabot in the same envelope, so I guess Cabot wrote both letters.
                              In April 2013 I received a reply from RBS to the letter I sent (written by Highbridge in Sept 2012), refuting all the points I raised. They also mentioned that my account was formally terminated in Feb 2013, but I don't recall being sent a default notice or a termination letter.On my Noddle account there is a default date in March 2013.
                              Anyway I guess I will be getting hassle from Cabot now - I was hoping RBS would hang on to this account for another 3 years.
                              Westham1

13/6/2016 Letter from Cabot "we're looking forward to working with you. If we don't hear from you we will attempt to contact you by phone or in writing in the next 14 days".

4/7/2016 Letter from Cabot saying the balance is waiting to be paid. If we don't hear from you in the next couple of weeks we will continue to contact you.

20/7/2016 Letter from Cabot saying they have been trying to contact me.

22/7/2016 Letter from Cabot. If we do not hear from you we will continue to contact you.

22/8/2016 Letter from Cabot. We own your account and are prepared to reduce the balance in order to help you become free of this debt.

22/9/2016 Letter from Cabot. Despite repeated efforts, we have been unable to gain your commitment to repay your debt.

29/9/2016 Statement of account from Cabot covering 22nd March 2016 to 21st September 2016

22/10/2016 Letter from Cabot. Please contact us.

21/11/2016 Letter from Cabot. Unique offer -pay £100 and we'll triple it.

2/2/2017 Letter from Cabot giving me options on how to start re-paying.

1/3/2017 Letter from Cabot with an I&E form

31/3/2017 Letter from Cabot offering £50 discount

4/5/2017 Letter from Cabot

1/6/2017 Letter from Cabot

30/6/17 Letter from Cabot

6/7/17 SAR sent to Barclaycard recorded delivery

29/7/17 Letter from Cabot

28/8/17 Letter from Cabot saying debt still needs to be paid

19/10/17 Letter from Cabot saying debt needs to be paid

18/11/17 Letter from Cabot offering 25% discount

21/12/17 Letter from Cabot threatening door-step visit from Resolvecall

10/1/18 Letter from Resolvecall

18/1/18 Visit from Resolvecall

I've found the history of this debt in post # 1.

It says your last payment was in September 2012 so becoming Statute Barred this year is one possibility although you say it shows as Defaulted in March 2013 on your CRA file so that may have an impact on the SB date.

You've not corresponded with Cabot since they were assigned the debt in June 2016 so I see no reason for you to start making contact now especially since you told that doorstep collector that *you* don't live at that address when he visited.

If you send a s 77-79 CCA Request then you'll be giving the game away and they'll know where you live. It might also trigger a claim since they'll start looking more closely at your file in order to comply with your request and realise that SB is on the horizon.

Maybe doing nothing is the right thing to do

Di
                              Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 18 March 2018, 18:51. Reason: typo

Comment

• That's what I was thinking Di - don't send off a cca request until I need to.
                                When I received the letter from Mint in April 2013, they stated that the account was closed in February, but according to my Noddle report the account was defaulted on March 13th 2013.
                                I don't recall getting a default notice.
                                However I thought I read somewhere that you can't default on a closed account, so in this case, as a hypothetical question, if a claim was made at the beginning of March 2019 would the account be sb'd?

Comment

Working...
                                X