GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strepsi View Post

When I don't have bouts of getting extremely down with the level of debt we have (wife and I), which is unfortunately far too often! Which I am aware is the purpose of this fantastic (and possibly lifesaving) forum.

Every single one of my (our) debts is going to get fought with the help of this site.

We have a long way to go unfortunately, but I have started down this path and there ain't no turning back!

Just a word of encouragement. Everyone's situation is different and the circumstances of individual debts vary across the board. However, when I found AAD I had debts of circa £50k, and was paying via a DMP. After doing some reading here I decided to follow the UE route. The debts are all now SB, and I didn't repay a penny to any of them since the day I registered here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Just a word of encouragement. Everyone's situation is different and the circumstances of individual debts vary across the board. However, when I found AAD I had debts of circa £50k, and was paying via a DMP. After doing some reading here I decided to follow the UE route. The debts are all now SB, and I didn't repay a penny to any of them since the day I registered here.
      Thanks for that. I am hoping for the same outcome as yours, unfortunately (I think) as my debts, probably about 80% of them were taken out in or around 2014, so not sure what impact this will have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
        Just to say, if you have sent it via RM signed for and they have not updated the website- in the past I have complained and received proof of delivery along with 6 first class stamps

I am not in favour of sending a 2nd request unless it benefits you - for example after two of my debts had been sold I sent new CCA requests which they couldn't satisfy (thank you cabot) and there was another 3K sorted

I know debt is hard work, I lost many many hours of sleep over it in the past but it does get easier and frankly what is the worst that can happen? They can not get blood out of a stone
        Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I lost about two stone through stress in the early days before I found this site!

Just checked again, there has been no update on the post office website.

Comment

• 15th July 2018, 09:27
            Salisbury's asking me to contact them in relation to SAR. have you contacted them?

seems these companies may/have been trying to supply all that you ask for and only that and not all as required, I have told another company the letter request ask for ALL held - end of:- to include any Human Written Intervention, one company has resisted and a complaint to ICO ( if any good by reports) regarding issues of non compliance with request, and another company state cannot find any details of old HP and say could not have had one with them! yet a garage states they were HP company at that time, we cannot help you BUT as always ring us? cost monies to get same complaint
            result? tick tick time is running out for them!

Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15th July 2018, 09:57.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
            + More Options

• Westham1
            Westham1
            AAD Loyalist

15th July 2018, 09:40
            Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
            2nd July 2018, 13:19
            Originally posted by Diana MayhewView Post

Which just shows that accounts opened after 2007 (your Sainsburys credit card was from 2013) can still be unenforceable in some instances

Di

SAR request sent as advised by Di

Letter received 14th July from Sainsbury's.

Sainsbury's asking me to contact them in relation to SAR.

Currently with Cabot UK, letters beginning to get a little more threatening.

They probably want your email address so they can send the SAR by email.

Other than the SAR I have had no contact and nor do I. Does this not create an impasse and I don't end up receiving requested info.
          Received statement of account from Cabot Financial.

None threatening, they mention that Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd is owner.

All other correspondence states Cabot (UK) Ltd.

Niddy has advised that this is UE.

Comment

• https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2//loans/flexible-loans

Hi I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the above link? Just received periodic statement from Arrow classing it as an overdraft.

The date of original agreement was May 2006.

Not really sure how to deal with this?

Cheers

Comment

• Arrow class a lot of things as overdrafts, my M&S reserve account as one, to have an overdraft you had to have a bank account . I never did,
              If it is only a statement then you don't need to do anything

Did you send a CCA for this ? if so what did you get back as a reply.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                Arrow class a lot of things as overdrafts, my M&S reserve account as one, to have an overdraft you had to have a bank account . I never did,
                If it is only a statement then you don't need to do anything

Did you send a CCA for this ? if so what did you get back as a reply.
                I have never sent a CCA request for this as, I aren't entirely sure what it would be classed as. It was a loan for a certain amount say £5000, you had to make a minimum payment each month (which was £200), we paid it off a few times but the facility was always there, so when needed we would use again.

This morning received letter from Capquest advising that they will instruct 'resolvecall' to reconnect, if we don't reply by the 20th of this month.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                  Just to say, if you have sent it via RM signed for and they have not updated the website- in the past I have complained and received proof of delivery along with 6 first class stamps

I am not in favour of sending a 2nd request unless it benefits you - for example after two of my debts had been sold I sent new CCA requests which they couldn't satisfy (thank you cabot) and there was another 3K sorted

I know debt is hard work, I lost many many hours of sleep over it in the past but it does get easier and frankly what is the worst that can happen? They can not get blood out of a stone
                  The other morning received a reply from Lowell advising that they have received my request for CCA. They are going to contact Creation, curious as what they will send me...as SAR was a little vague.

Comment

I have never sent a CCA request for this as, I aren't entirely sure what it would be classed as. It was a loan for a certain amount say £5000, you had to make a minimum payment each month (which was £200), we paid it off a few times but the facility was always there, so when needed we would use again.

This morning received letter from Capquest advising that they will instruct 'resolvecall' to reconnect, if we don't reply by the 20th of this month.

Cheers
                    it is known as a "revolving credit account", so as long as your CCA request asks for the agreement under s77-79 it is covered under that,

"I hereby formally request a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement, pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974)"

this is where Arrow make the mistake of thinking it is an overdraft so they don't send for the agreement
                    , but try and get round it by telling you it is an overdraft so not covered by the CCA act,

Pop a request for one off to Capquest, with a short line at the bottom saying you do not give permission for anyone to call at your property , nothing of a personal matter will be discussed on your door step,

( or tell them it has been a very naughty step and is not allowed visitors)
                    NW

Comment

• Thanks Nightwatch, very helpful.

Comment

Re: Start of my diary

'Please note we have not yet received a response from the original creditor.

This note is to let you know that we are continuing to seek an update and we will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.'

File away?
                        Update still no credit agreement!

But received letter informing me that...

to advise that Hoist Portfolio Holding Ltd (HPH) has assigned all of its respective rights, interest, benefits and entitlement in respect of the above referenced account to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Ltd (HFUKH1L).

The assignment has simply taken place as part of a Hoist Finance Group restructure where ownership of your account has been transferred from one part of the Hoist Finance Group to another.

Comment

to advise that Hoist Portfolio Holding Ltd (HPH) has assigned all of its respective rights, interest, benefits and entitlement in respect of the above referenced account to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Ltd (HFUKH1L).

The assignment has simply taken place as part of a Hoist Finance Group restructure where ownership of your account has been transferred from one part of the Hoist Finance Group to another.
                          Is this a Barclaycard ? I take it it says Robinson way are the agents,
                          Hoist are doing some restructuring, they are just making sure they have informed you, a few of us have had them, just file it away

Comment

• Intrum

Dear Mrs... (No mention of Mr),

Please find enclosed annual statement detailing all financial transactions from 1st Oct - 30st Sep...

This isn't the information that I asked for, is it?

Comment

Intrum

Dear Mrs... (No mention of Mr),

Please find enclosed annual statement detailing all financial transactions from 1st Oct - 30st Sep...

This isn't the information that I asked for, is it?
                              If it in reply to a CCA request, no
                              it is just what it says a statement, they are supposed to send one every year

Just file it

Comment

• Type of account Barclay Card
                                • Date commenced 2004
                                • Approx balance 7000
                                • Date last paid 2016
                                • Are you on arrangement or not paying?
                                • Status (Defaulted)
                                • Account owner Hoist - Managed by Robinson Way
                                14th November 2016, 15:58
                                Re: Start of my diary

Just received letter from Robinson Way relating to HPH LTD (Barclaycard) amount of £7273, account opened 2004.

Following your request, we have today asked for a copy of agreement... your account has been placed on hold temporarily pending receipt of documentation.

Will keep posted.

'Please note we have not yet received a response from the original creditor.

This note is to let you know that we are continuing to seek an update and we will let you know the response as soon as we can. Action on your account has been temporarily stopped whilst we await a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.'

File away?

11th October 2018, 11:03

Is this a Barclaycard ? I take it it says Robinson way are the agents,
                                Hoist are doing some restructuring, they are just making sure they have informed you, a few of us have had them, just file it away

Comment

Working...
                                X