GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Yes there is a template letter and there's a link to it in post #763 on this thread Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit It's worked wonders for loads of forum members over the years.

I agree with Warwick that it's good to lay a paper trail especially as some forum members have recently been experiencing more than one visit for the same debt which could be seen as harassment (which has to occur twice in order to be considered unlawful).

The 'field agents' are typically paid on results so can be pushy, however I doubt the children will know who the caller is or why they've called.

Can I just check whether this debt is due to go statute barred soon so you know how to handle things if they do turn up? (sorry I haven't read back through your whole thread)

Di
    Hi,

I haven't sent letter as yet, letter will be sent to both parties tomorrow.

The debt is due to SB'd next year, I cca'd in 2016 had a signature as proof of delivery, as yet they still haven't acknowledged that request.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Originally posted by Strepsi View Post
    Is there a letter, I may try it.

Yes there is a template letter and there's a link to it in post #763 on this thread Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit It's worked wonders for loads of forum members over the years.

I agree with Warwick that it's good to lay a paper trail especially as some forum members have recently been experiencing more than one visit for the same debt which could be seen as harassment (which has to occur twice in order to be considered unlawful).

The 'field agents' are typically paid on results so can be pushy, however I doubt the children will know who the caller is or why they've called.

Can I just check whether this debt is due to go statute barred soon so you know how to handle things if they do turn up? (sorry I haven't read back through your whole thread)

Di

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied
    I am a real fan of that harassment letter. I’ve sent it a lot in the past and it almost always worked. On top of that you add to your paper trail. The only people who tried to pretend it didn’t apply to them was Motormile finance and they made Boris look organised.

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    Remember it’s your house/home so you dictate the conversation and the manner in which it is expressed. If you feel that they are intimidating then tell them so and end the ordeal by closing the door. Do not get into any meaningful conversation regard the reason they are there. Admit to nothing, tell them you would love to chat but you are rather busy. Thank them for coming and can they close the gate on the way out.

Leave a comment:

• Strepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post

Silence is the best response and with scams ten a penny at the moment put a No Hawkers/Circulars/Sales sign up at your door and point to that as you quietly close the door!!
    I was wondering what the best way to deal with them was?

I personally aren't that bothered about a knock at the door, it's more my kids witnessing something unnecessary.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit Note:- top of thread states templates, many you may need or advised may will be in there!

Take note:- many a DCA etc see that by receiving letters in some cases is interpreted as a weakness by people and encourages to them try and apply pressure knowing that they are panicking? just my observation, above door step comments by people to just shut the door and ignore the begging card surfices!
    Silence is the best response and with scams ten a penny at the moment put a No Hawkers/Circulars/Sales sign up at your door and point to that as you quietly close the door!!

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit Note:- top of thread states templates, many you may need or advised may will be in there!

Take note:- many a DCA etc see that by receiving letters in some cases is interpreted as a weakness by people and encourages to them try and apply pressure knowing that they are panicking? just my observation, above door step comments by people to just shut the door and ignore the begging card surfices!

Leave a comment:

• Strepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

The polite bit was more for other readers- some people incite rudeness which for someone earning a living I think is unfair. Doesn’t matter what I personally think of their ethics - unless they are Tory politicians ?

Did you send the no caller letter before?

Is there a letter, I may try it.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied

I haven't sent a no call later. I am always polite.
    The polite bit was more for other readers- some people incite rudeness which for someone earning a living I think is unfair. Doesn’t matter what I personally think of their ethics - unless they are Tory politicians ?

Leave a comment:

• Strepsi
    replied

Just a plea - if they do turn up please just be polite. It’s not a job I would choose but we all need to earn a living.
    I haven't sent a no call later. I am always polite.

Leave a comment:

• Warwick65
    replied

Just a plea - if they do turn up please just be polite. It’s not a job I would choose but we all need to earn a living.

Leave a comment:

• stuckinarut
    replied

Letter received from resolvecall asking for me to make contact within 14 days.
    Hi Strepsi. I sent the doorstep letter to Resolve call on two occasions. Didn't stop them from turning up tho. However don't worry about them. When they turn up and identify who they are. Just say no thank you don't want to talk with you please leave. And they will ( after they pop a card through your letterbox) Job done

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    ah! bless them = probably offer their birthday card which you ignore say nothing and close door. just a local messenger who get a small fee to knock your door, .

Leave a comment:

• Strepsi
    replied

Received a letter from Capquest advising that resolve call will be paying me a visit if I don't contact them within a week.

TSB (or DCA) still haven't complied with CCA request sent in 2016.

Should I be sending a. SWID?
    Letter received from resolvecall asking for me to make contact within 14 days.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    have the under bed pot ready just in case = opppsss

Leave a comment:

Working...
X