GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Quick update, all is mercifully quiet at the moment, just a slow stream of DCA drivel but nothing even vaguely threatening.

Every time I relax something bad pops up, so hopefully this time they will stay quiet!

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
      Co-Op Platinum Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £3500

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange up to June - nothing since then

Account owner: Co-Op

30/06 - CCA request sent to Co-Op
      17/07 - Letter received from Co-Op. No CCA for you, son... "We first require a wet signature in order to verify your identity". They kindly enclose a stamped addressed envelope for this purpose.
      18/08 - Bad copy of signed application form received (ie hard to read) but can't see any terms
      19/08 - Uploaded docs to AAD for enforceability checking

20/08 - Niddy says - missing prescribed terms letter sent
      16/09 - Reply from Co-Op : "Please find a larger copy of your agreement (blown up to A4 size but still barely legible and missing prescribed terms) - we note your comments regarding the previous copy but this is the best we are able to produce from our archives"
      4/11 - Letter from Co-Op - threats re further action/legal action (not a LBA)
      13/11 - Popped off a reply along the lines of: account in dispute, please refer to previous letter.
      24/11 - Co-Op - we've received your complaint and are dealing with it
      23/12 - Co-Op - sorry we haven't resolved your complaint yet, we're still dealing with it
      15/1/15 - Asset Link Capital c/o Link Financial Outsourcing - Co-Op have sold us your debt, pay up!

17/1/15 - SWID/complaint sent to Asset Link

23/1/15 - Complaint response from Co-Op. You had the card, and used it, you owe. And here's the missing terms. You're now with Asset Link so speak to them if you have any more queries.

So my SWID has crossed over in the post with Co-Op's response and possible rectification of UE. I'll have to scan and upload to Niddy to take a look at them, see if this is now EN and then work out my next course of action.
      7/10/15 - Bugger. Bloody Link Financial again. They no longer consider this account to be in dispute and are seeking payment. 1 month to fill in an I&E form. No threats.

I never did scan and upload the docs previously for Niddy to take a look at, as I wasn't under any pressure and forgot, so that will be my next move. No rush as I have a month. Suffice to say, Link will not be receiving any I&E from me...

Comment

Hi all, just popping in for a quick update, nothing to report, all is quiet at the moment apart from a letter every couple of weeks or so from a random creditor.

I've not progressed anything with Link or Quickquid/ARC, been too busy at work and in my personal life. I probably should have done but just hoping everything stays quiet. 4.5 more years to go....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all who help out on this great forum and to all those struggling with debt.

Comment

A great Christmas to you and happy new year Grassy xxxxx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too Grassy_K

Best wishes
            IF
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too Grassy K
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Merry Christmas Grassy ..

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                  Merry Christmas Grassy ..
                  Evening all,

Just popping in for a quick update. All quiet on the western front still, mercifully.

Bit of a scare tonight as letter popped in from London (i.e. Link Financial) - I have a possibly EN account with them (as detailed above..) that I've been sitting tight on. But.. haha.. it was a letter regarding an old £1900 Barclaycard I have with them that I challenged over a year ago, admitting UE but can I please pay anyway, LOL. Letter filed away in a very safe place!

Comment

They miss you Grassy xx

Comment

Hi, just a quick Leap Day update from me. The usual DCA crap continues, Wetcloths and Freds calling and writing over a few "matters", have disconnected the house phone again LOL.

My good friends at Link have resurfaced again to say hi, nothing too threatening just an I&E form to complete with no covering letter? They do get on my nerves though because every time I think they've gone away they pop up again to let me know I'm still on the radar. Obviously as a debt purchaser (vs. debt collector) they have to be taken a bit more seriously.

A few more quite nervewracking, "large" issues have been quiet so I'm lying very, very low as usual.

Comment

always a good plan Grassy, if in doubt lay low!

Comment

Hey Grassy

Yes its always best to stay under the radar and not poke the hornets nest. You don't want to be giving them any reason to ramp things up and remove you out of the automated threat-o-gram process.

Best
                          SnV
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
                            Link have resurfaced again to say hi, nothing too threatening just an I&E form to complete with no covering letter
                            That's odd

No covering letter at all - just a blank form to fill in?

Plan B x

Comment

Me too grassy xxx

Comment

It is a very sparse document, PlanB. One side is my name and address for the windowed envelope, plus a brief request to fill in the overleaf I&E.

There isn't a letter missing from it, I don't think.

They want my current employer's details (yeah right!!), my work, home and mobile numbers, and of course full personal financial details/housing situation.

Jog on....

Comment

Working...
                                X