GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
    HFC Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £5900

Date last paid Oct 2020

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner HFC still (I think)

. . .
    13/4/14 - Monthly payment offer prepared[/B]
    11/2/21 Quick update on this one, they accepted a token payment offer of £10 a month back in 2014, to take Restons Solicitors off my back. It's still in-house as far as I know. This was supposed to be for 6 months then reviewed. Never really heard from them since, dropped the standing order to £5 a year ago, then to £1 in October last year, cancelled completely 2 months ago. Still silence. The debt will still be there, of course, but let's see what happens now.
    23/04/21 - Letter - they want to talk to me, urgently. Still with in house collections.

01/06/21 - Letter - they feel it would be of benefit to discuss the arrears with them. No threats yet. Quite the contrast when they initially set Restons on me after being 3 months down in 2014. But need to keep an eye on this one as Enforceable.

30/06/21 - Letter - somewhat stroppy and unprofessional, this one. No mention of the amount of any built up arrears, amount owing or any deadline to pay. They go on to say that they "just cannot understand" (verbatim quote!) why the account is still in arrears and it needs to be paid off, call them

That's a bit rude!

It seems your relationship with them has broken down

Here's hoping they now assign (sell) your account to a debt purchaser who isn't able to get hold of the same credit agreement which they sent you in 2014. Preferably one that doesn't have FCA authorisation to issue legal proceedings.

Di

Comment

• But surely in this day and age these people cannot exist

Be perfect wouldn't it
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Mint Platinum Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £3500

Date last paid: 2020

Defaulted: 2012?

Account owner: Cabot

30/07/14 - CCA request sent to Mint.
        30/08 /14 - Copy of application form plus 2 sets of T&Cs received from Mint. Looks possibly enforceable. Will scan and upload to Niddy by the end of the week [done]
        17/09/14 - Weak collections letter received from Mint's 'Debt Recovery Office' - "we have noticed that payments are not being made in line with the special agreement. If payments are not brought up to date we may need to take further action"

25/09 - Niddy says Enforceable

23/04/21 - Update - was taken over by Cabot some time ago and was making token payments then stopped last year. Cabot letter : We are going to send Resolvecall round to put a card through the door. Filed.
        18/05/21 - Letter. Resolvecall are indeed coming round to put a card through the door. Filed. Unconcerned for now.

16/06/21 - No sign of Resolvecall (no card) but the bloody doorbell has been very busy - someone pulled up outside in an Electrical contractors' van yesterday and was ringing it for ages. No idea what that could have been about, not expecting anything. Then today someone tried to clean the windows (I don't have a window cleaner) before thinking better of it, packing the ladder away then ringing the doorbell and finally buggering off. Last week 2 charity collectors and 2 lord knows what else all hammering. I was behind the sofa and just peeking out from the upstairs curtains when I thought they had moved away from the house - expecting it was Resolvecall. Now, I know they have no powers but still. Annoyance more than anything else.

07/07/21 - Man from Resolvecall, very hard knocks at the door and repeated doorbell presses. Didn't answer. He was outside for over 10 minutes and rang next door's bell, saw him speaking to them, not sure what was said, surely they aren't allowed to do that. After putting a card through the door he sat in his car for 10 minutes outside the house then eventually buggered off.

Comment

Mint Platinum Card

07/07/21 - Man from Resolvecall, very hard knocks at the door and repeated doorbell presses. Didn't answer. He was outside for over 10 minutes and rang next door's bell, saw him speaking to them, not sure what was said, surely they aren't allowed to do that. After putting a card through the door he sat in his car for 10 minutes outside the house then eventually buggered off.
          They probably shouldn't do that but a lot will depend on what was said- if they mentioned who they are from or what it is about they are in deep doodoo

Comment

Mint Platinum Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £3500

Date last paid: 2020

Defaulted: 2012?

Account owner: Cabot

30/07/14 - CCA request sent to Mint.
            30/08 /14 - Copy of application form plus 2 sets of T&Cs received from Mint. Looks possibly enforceable. Will scan and upload to Niddy by the end of the week [done]
            17/09/14 - Weak collections letter received from Mint's 'Debt Recovery Office' - "we have noticed that payments are not being made in line with the special agreement. If payments are not brought up to date we may need to take further action"

25/09 - Niddy says Enforceable

> > > >

23/04/21 - Update - was taken over by Cabot some time ago and was making token payments then stopped last year. Cabot letter : We are going to send Resolvecall round .

> > > >

It seems The Man From Resolvecall may have been trying to justify any fee he was being paid to call on you. It's my understanding that these doorstep agents get commission based on what (if anything) they collect.

I've looked back at your recent post which seems to say that you sent a s77-79 CCA Request to Mint in 2014 which Niddy said was enforceable which is why you understandably agreed to make a token payment each month.

Your recent post says that the debt was "taken over by Cabot some time ago" and that you were making token payments to them.

What your post doesn't say is whether you have ever sent a CCA Request to Cabot in case they're not able to comply with that if they don't have access to the data/information held by Mint.

Don't send a CCA Request to Cabot now until the history of this debt becomes clearer.

Di
            Last edited by PlanB; 9 July 2021, 19:36.

Comment

• ** Edited January 2023 **

I decided not to post again on my thread because it feels like the right time for it to hopefully sink beneath the waves, and posting would bump it back onto Page 1.

So I'm now editing my hopefully last post to say grateful thanks to all at AAD and Joanna Connolly Solicitors - and best wishes to all AAD users.

The scared and desperate man who first posted over 10 years ago on here, his life falling apart, is no more.

£42,000 of credit card debt that would have been hanging around my shoulders for the rest of my life is now statute barred and completely unrecoverable. A further £18,000 is nicely ticking towards SB now, too

For anyone reading my diary this far, anyone in a similar situation as I was in, don't hesitate - get back in control of your life and get those debts gone. I was a silly goose and prolonged the whole thing by making token payments - waste of time. The banks and collection agencies are not as scary as you think. Just office based muppets trying to pick off as much low hanging fruit as possible - so make sure you are a rotten apple high up the tree!

I'll still pop by occasionally to read up on things. But for now...

Signing off... all the best... Grassy K
              Last edited by Grassy_K; 7 January 2023, 17:19.

Comment

Working...
              X