GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Halifax Platinum Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £9000

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange - not paying since July

Account owner: Aktiv Kapital

30/06 - CCA request sent to Aktiv Kapital
    15/07 - Response from AK. Acknowledging request for agreement under S 77-79 of the CCA. Will endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed time frames. Have put the collection process on hold until the information is provided.
    06/10 - Letter from AK enclosing documents. Further to your request here are the documents. Payment proposals within 14 days or we will take further action.
    11/10 - Letter to Aktiv - no signature and missing PT's
    17/10 - Swift response from Aktiv - here's a document with your signature on it (card upgrade agreement to the Halifax One card) - now pay up or else. [Plus another copy of the T&C's supplied before.]
    28/10 - Niddy says but easily remedied. Recommends sending MPT letter. Will send at the weekend. May need to come up with an offer on this in the future (my thoughts), but blagging for now.
    17/11 - Strange response from Aktiv Kapital (or PRA group as they have now rebranded...) stating that the upgrade agreement prevails and can we please have some money. But I think the upgrade agreement is still defective. Contacted Niddy.
    14/1/15 - PRA Group letter - you need to pay us.
    15/1/15 - Sent Niddy custom letter back ("upgrade unenforceable")
    19/1/15 - The Niddy Special letter seems to have done the trick for the moment. PRA haven't responded to the contents of the letter, they have simply written to advise that the account is on hold while they attempt to obtain further information from the original creditor. Will await their next chess move.... Thanks Niddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
      15/1/15 - Sent Niddy custom letter back ("upgrade unenforceable")
      19/1/15 - The Niddy Special letter seems to have done the trick for the moment. PRA haven't responded to the contents of the letter, they have simply written to advise that the account is on hold while they attempt to obtain further information from the original creditor. Will await their next chess move.... Thanks Niddy!
      It probably confused the hell out of them so that they didn't know HOW to respond...
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

RBS Mastercard

Date commenced: Approx. 2002

Approx Balance £1700

Defaulted: September 2014

11/10 - After letter-based threats culminating in a doorstep visit from a collector (not answered...), I have now received a letter that my debt has been outsourced to Apex Credit Management to collect (a division of Cabot...). I'll just sit tight on this one. They've not purchased the debt, they can't do anything except send threatening letters. I'll save the CCA request for when the debt eventually gets sold off.
        23/10 - Letter from Apex - we are instructed to recover the debt in full.... call us now....
        (ignored).
        10/11 - Apex credit management are "very disappointed" that I have not contacted them about the debt or made a payment. They now believe that I am deliberately trying to ignore or evade the debt and will advise their client accordingly UNLESS I call them!
        24/1/15 - Letter from RBS - they have now passed the account to Robinson Way to send out a few ineffectual bits of paper. Ignored.

Comment

Co-Op Platinum Card

Approx Balance £3500

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange up to June - nothing since then

Account owner: Co-Op

30/06 - CCA request sent to Co-Op
          17/07 - Letter received from Co-Op. No CCA for you, son... "We first require a wet signature in order to verify your identity". They kindly enclose a stamped addressed envelope for this purpose.
          18/08 - Bad copy of signed application form received (ie hard to read) but can't see any terms
          19/08 - Uploaded docs to AAD for enforceability checking

20/08 - Niddy says - missing prescribed terms letter sent
          16/09 - Reply from Co-Op : "Please find a larger copy of your agreement (blown up to A4 size but still barely legible and missing prescribed terms) - we note your comments regarding the previous copy but this is the best we are able to produce from our archives"
          4/11 - Letter from Co-Op - threats re further action/legal action (not a LBA)
          13/11 - Popped off a reply along the lines of: account in dispute, please refer to previous letter.
          24/11 - Co-Op - we've received your complaint and are dealing with it
          23/12 - Co-Op - sorry we haven't resolved your complaint yet, we're still dealing with it
          15/1/15 - Asset Link Capital c/o Link Financial Outsourcing - Co-Op have sold us your debt, pay up!

17/1/15 - SWID/complaint sent to Asset Link

23/1/15 - Complaint response from Co-Op. You had the card, and used it, you owe. And here's the missing terms. You're now with Asset Link so speak to them if you have any more queries.

So my SWID has crossed over in the post with Co-Op's response and possible rectification of UE. I'll have to scan and upload to Niddy to take a look at them, see if this is now EN and then work out my next course of action.

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
            IF
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi all, no serious letters for over a month now, a few useless DCA drivel missives but that's all. Keeping a low profile on quite a few potentially problematic things, plus PRA Group and Link are currently quiet after I raised legitimate UE complaints with them in January.

Comment

Lloyds Platinum Mastercard

Approx Balance £4900

Account owner: Lloyds (was outsourced to Robbers Way to harrass me despite being on a DMP - after complaint made, Robbers Way returned a/c to Lloyds)

30/06 - CCA request sent to Lloyds
                13/07 - Now this is just odd. I've received a single sheet (on Lloyds headed paper) statement for the last 10 months - no letter, nothing. The letter also has Robbers Way name and address instead of Lloyds where the sender's address goes. Perhaps there is more to come, as I hear Lloyds are quite handy with the scissors and glue?
                06/10 - Letter from Lloyds - as we have not been able to come to a repayment arrangement, we've instructed a Debt Collection Agency, Akinika (aka Crappy Knickers) to arrange collection of the outstanding debt. Please contact Crappy Knickers as soon as possible on this number xxxx xxxx. Scary stuff indeed (not) - I've changed my phone numbers and place of work, LOL
                06/10 - I'll just remind them that they are still in default of my Section 78 request....
                24/10 - STILL NO RESPONSE FROM LLOYDS TO MY CCA REQUEST AND MY 2 CHASER LETTERS RE SAID CCA REQUEST - but a lovely letter of introduction from the kind folks at Crappy Knickers who are going to be hassling me unsuccessfully for money for a while, until they get bored. I am to call them "so that they can confirm liability for the debt"- lol, there's no liability whilst in default of a CCA request - letter binned.

08/03/15 - Response from Lloyds after 5 months!! Please find enclosed a copy of your signed agreement (illegible) - we are satisfied the terms were present on the agreement but we can't supply them at the moment. Whilst we cannot supply them we will not be seeking to enforce the agreement. You still need to pay us blah blah etc. etc.

I'm keeping that letter very safe! Result! Thank you to all who help me occasionally on this wonderful forum

Comment

Hey well done ......
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Wowzers xxxxx
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

fab new Grassy, just you add that to your nice neat filing, carefully

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                          fab new Grassy, just you add that to your nice neat filing, carefully
                          Cough... yes... my nice neat filing.. hmmm... OK, will do Mrs D

Comment

Cough... yes... my nice neat filing.. hmmm... OK, will do Mrs D
                            At least put it in the appropriate tatty shoe box.

Comment

Co-Op Platinum Card
                              17/07 - Letter received from Co-Op. No CCA for you, son... "We first require a wet signature in order to verify your identity".
                              I'd be tempted to do exactly that.

I'd give them such a wet signature that it smudged when put in the envelope.

23/1/15 - Complaint response from Co-Op. You had the card, and used it, you owe. And here's the missing terms. You're now with Asset Link so speak to them if you have any more queries.

So my SWID has crossed over in the post with Co-Op's response and possible rectification of UE. I'll have to scan and upload to Niddy to take a look at them, see if this is now EN and then work out my next course of action.
                              If they could not find the missing terms in September, how did they find them four months later?

Were they part of the original terms and conditions, or had they been added subsequently?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                I'd be tempted to do exactly that.

I'd give them such a wet signature that it smudged when put in the envelope.

If they could not find the missing terms in September, how did they find them four months later?

Were they part of the original terms and conditions, or had they been added subsequently?
                                Looked like a paper and scissors job to me. I was going to scan and send to Niddy for evaluation but Link have gone very quiet since I sent them a SWID 2 months ago, so sleeping dogs and all that... I'm hoping I'm in the "too difficult to deal with" file.. along with my Link Barclaycard where they sent a UE recon but not heard a peep for months now. Lying low...

Comment

Working...
                                X