GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Lying low's best at times.

Fab news from Lloyds
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Halifax Platinum Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £9000

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange - not paying since July

Account owner: Aktiv Kapital

30/06 - CCA request sent to Aktiv Kapital
      15/07 - Response from AK. Acknowledging request for agreement under S 77-79 of the CCA. Will endeavour to obtain documents within the prescribed time frames. Have put the collection process on hold until the information is provided.
      06/10 - Letter from AK enclosing documents. Further to your request here are the documents. Payment proposals within 14 days or we will take further action.
      11/10 - Letter to Aktiv - no signature and missing PT's
      17/10 - Swift response from Aktiv - here's a document with your signature on it (card upgrade agreement to the Halifax One card) - now pay up or else. [Plus another copy of the T&C's supplied before.]
      28/10 - Niddy says but easily remedied. Recommends sending MPT letter. Will send at the weekend. May need to come up with an offer on this in the future (my thoughts), but blagging for now.
      17/11 - Strange response from Aktiv Kapital (or PRA group as they have now rebranded...) stating that the upgrade agreement prevails and can we please have some money. But I think the upgrade agreement is still defective. Contacted Niddy.
      14/1/15 - PRA Group letter - you need to pay us.
      15/1/15 - Sent Niddy custom letter back ("upgrade unenforceable")
      19/1/15 - The Niddy Special letter seems to have done the trick for the moment. PRA haven't responded to the contents of the letter, they have simply written to advise that the account is on hold while they attempt to obtain further information from the original creditor. Will await their next chess move.... Thanks Niddy!

27/3/15 - I knew it was too good to last - it's been so quiet recently apart from the usual useless DCA drivel, but now PRA have resurfaced enclosing the missing T&C's. No threats yet, but require me to make contact by 19th April.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K;492178[COLOR=#333333
        27/3/15 - I knew it was too good to last - it's been so quiet recently apart from the usual useless DCA drivel, but now PRA have resurfaced enclosing the missing T&C's. No threats yet, but require me to make contact by 19th April.
        [/COLOR]
        Don't stress, see what they send next.......
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Re: Grassy_K‎ vs Nasty Banks

Barclaycard #3

Date commenced: Approx. 2002

Approx Balance £2500

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange (July 2014 payment missed due to lack of funds)
          Account owner: IDR Finance II Ltd c/o Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd

20/08/13 Court threat (letter before action) from Link despite making token payments as agreed (claimed £5 short although it wasn't.. paid up to get rid of them)
          30/06 - CCA request sent to IDR Finance via Link
          14/07 - Reply from Link - as you are aware, this account was assigned from Barclaycard to IDR Finance in 2013, as such we do not hold the documentation. We have requested the documents including the most recent terms and conditions from Barclaycard and "very much look forward" (???) to providing you with them shortly. Please be aware that this may take up to 30 days.

30/07 - Update - S78 Reply received directly from Barclaycard. I deem this to be
          because it is just two sets of terms and conditions - no application form, no signature, no date. "Terms and conditions received" letter will be going off to LINK at the weekend.

7/5/2015 - Letter from my old friends at Link after a long absence, nothing threatening just asking for payment proposals. Popped off a little reminder that the account is in dispute and to read my letter from August 2014

Comment

All that they sent to MKDP was 2 sets of terms and conditions. Copy had my name and address on it, but was never sent to me. Seems usual tactics of Barclaycard when they have an unenforceable one.

Comment

Lloyds Platinum Mastercard

Approx Balance £4900

Account owner: Lloyds (was outsourced to Robbers Way to harrass me despite being on a DMP - after complaint made, Robbers Way returned a/c to Lloyds)

30/06 - CCA request sent to Lloyds
              13/07 - Now this is just odd. I've received a single sheet (on Lloyds headed paper) statement for the last 10 months - no letter, nothing. The letter also has Robbers Way name and address instead of Lloyds where the sender's address goes. Perhaps there is more to come, as I hear Lloyds are quite handy with the scissors and glue?
              06/10 - Letter from Lloyds - as we have not been able to come to a repayment arrangement, we've instructed a Debt Collection Agency, Akinika (aka Crappy Knickers) to arrange collection of the outstanding debt. Please contact Crappy Knickers as soon as possible on this number xxxx xxxx. Scary stuff indeed (not) - I've changed my phone numbers and place of work, LOL
              06/10 - I'll just remind them that they are still in default of my Section 78 request....
              24/10 - STILL NO RESPONSE FROM LLOYDS TO MY CCA REQUEST AND MY 2 CHASER LETTERS RE SAID CCA REQUEST - but a lovely letter of introduction from the kind folks at Crappy Knickers who are going to be hassling me unsuccessfully for money for a while, until they get bored. I am to call them "so that they can confirm liability for the debt"- lol, there's no liability whilst in default of a CCA request - letter binned.

08/03/15 - Response from Lloyds after 5 months!! Please find enclosed a copy of your signed agreement (illegible) - we are satisfied the terms were present on the agreement but we can't supply them at the moment. Whilst we cannot supply them we will not be seeking to enforce the agreement. You still need to pay us blah blah etc. etc.

I'm keeping that letter very safe! Result! Thank you to all who help me occasionally on this wonderful forum

09/05/2015 - Wetcloths - OUR ENQUIRIES HAVE SHOWN THAT YOU ARE CONFIRMED RESIDENT AT THIS ADDRESS - Duh, unenforceable, losers! Filed.

Comment

Keep it very very safe. Great letter to get well done xxxxx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done from me too Grassy_K
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Barclaycard #3

Approx Balance £2500

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange (July 2014 payment missed due to lack of funds)

20/08/13 Court threat (letter before action) from Link despite making token payments as agreed (claimed £5 short although it wasn't.. paid up to get rid of them)
                    14/07 - Reply from Link - as you are aware, this account was assigned from Barclaycard to IDR Finance in 2013, as such we do not hold the documentation. We have requested the documents including the most recent terms and conditions from Barclaycard and "very much look forward" (???) to providing you with them shortly. Please be aware that this may take up to 30 days.

30/07 - Update - S78 Reply received directly from Barclaycard. I deem this to be
                    because it is just two sets of terms and conditions - no application form, no signature, no date. "Terms and conditions received" letter will be going off to LINK at the weekend.

7/5/2015 - Letter from my old friends at Link after a long absence, nothing threatening just asking for payment proposals. Popped off a little reminder that the account is in dispute and to read my letter from August 2014

13/5/2015 - Pre action letter from Link on behalf of IDR Finance - unless payments resume by 19/05, we intend to commence court proceedings.

Bugger. This is getting serious now. I'm going to send a recorded letter reminding them that they haven't responded to any of my previous letters and only sent generic terms in response to CCA request, unless anyone has any better ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
                      Barclaycard #3

Approx Balance £2500

13/5/2015 - Pre action letter from Link on behalf of IDR Finance - unless payments resume by 19/05, we intend to commence court proceedings.

Bugger. This is getting serious now. I'm going to send a recorded letter reminding them that they haven't responded to any of my previous letters and only sent generic terms in response to CCA request, unless anyone has any better ideas?
                      Needs a letter before action ........well that's what I'd do ....

Comment

Alright. Will do, thanks Deepie

Comment

Maybe a bit hasty with the LBA but hey ho - no harm. Keep us updated and don't miss anything, any threats let us know please.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I've not sent it yet Niddy, should I hold off for a little bit then?

Comment

I'd send it. I don't think it matters tbh

Comment

Lloyds Platinum Mastercard

Approx Balance £4900

Account owner: Lloyds (was outsourced to Robbers Way to harrass me despite being on a DMP - after complaint made, Robbers Way returned a/c to Lloyds)

30/06 - CCA request sent to Lloyds
                                13/07 - Now this is just odd. I've received a single sheet (on Lloyds headed paper) statement for the last 10 months - no letter, nothing. The letter also has Robbers Way name and address instead of Lloyds where the sender's address goes. Perhaps there is more to come, as I hear Lloyds are quite handy with the scissors and glue?
                                06/10 - Letter from Lloyds - as we have not been able to come to a repayment arrangement, we've instructed a Debt Collection Agency, Akinika (aka Crappy Knickers) to arrange collection of the outstanding debt. Please contact Crappy Knickers as soon as possible on this number xxxx xxxx. Scary stuff indeed (not) - I've changed my phone numbers and place of work, LOL
                                06/10 - I'll just remind them that they are still in default of my Section 78 request....
                                24/10 - STILL NO RESPONSE FROM LLOYDS TO MY CCA REQUEST AND MY 2 CHASER LETTERS RE SAID CCA REQUEST - but a lovely letter of introduction from the kind folks at Crappy Knickers who are going to be hassling me unsuccessfully for money for a while, until they get bored. I am to call them "so that they can confirm liability for the debt"- lol, there's no liability whilst in default of a CCA request - letter binned.

08/03/15 - Response from Lloyds after 5 months!! Please find enclosed a copy of your signed agreement (illegible) - we are satisfied the terms were present on the agreement but we can't supply them at the moment. Whilst we cannot supply them we will not be seeking to enforce the agreement. You still need to pay us blah blah etc. etc.

I'm keeping that letter very safe! Result! Thank you to all who help me occasionally on this wonderful forum

09/05/2015 - Wetcloths - OUR ENQUIRIES HAVE SHOWN THAT YOU ARE CONFIRMED RESIDENT AT THIS ADDRESS - Duh, unenforceable, losers! Filed.

15/05/2015 - Wetcloths - Significant discount offer - please call us l like my self-approved 100% discount just fine, thank you. Filed.

Comment

Working...
                                X