GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Barclaycard #2 (old Egg Blue card)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004

Approx Balance £9,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP until June 2014, nothing since then

Defaulted - Jan 2013

Account owner: Barclaycard

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.
    24/2 - CCA request sent to Barclaycard for each card
    23/7 - Reconstituted agreement (just two sets of T&Cs) received from Barclaycard
    29/7 - "T&C's sent" letter sent to Barclaycard
    13/8 - Response received from Barclaycard - "in response to your request for your application, please find enclosed". What was actually enclosed was a printout of a set of data from the 'alleged' internet application - name, address, employer, income etc. NO linked terms, more importantly not a signed credit agreement. I'm fairly sure this is
    but will scan and submit everything to Niddy just to be on the safe side, as it's a large amount of money. I think I'm also still going to have to press them a little harder on the matter of whether they hold a signed agreement as well, although we know that Egg are good at reconstituting if pushed, but this account is currently not being paid even token payments for the time being.
    18/08 - I think I uploaded the documents successfully using the new form a few days ago, but haven't seen/heard anything in response, so not sure if it actually worked, or if the Boss is busy/away...

Comment

Co-Op Platinum Card

Approx Balance £3500

Date last paid: June 2014

Defaulted: 2012?

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange (July 2014 payment missed due to lack of funds)

Account owner: Co-Op

30/06 - CCA request sent to Co-Op
      17/07 - Letter received from Co-Op. No CCA for you, son... "We first require a wet signature in order to verify your identity". They kindly enclose a stamped addressed envelope for this purpose.
      18/08 - Bad copy of signed application form received (ie hard to read) but can't see any terms

Comment

Please send it to niddy at agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk and include your site name in the subject line. Do not blank out any information as well please.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Please send it to niddy at agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk and include your site name in the subject line. Do not blank out any information as well please.
          We have a new arrangement in place where you upload your agreement for Niddy to check New Agreement Upload so don't send it to that email address.

SXGuy is correct when he says not to blank out any of the information/details. Niddy needs to be able to see everything.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Co-Op Platinum Card

Approx Balance £3500

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange (July 2014 payment missed due to lack of funds)

17/07 - Letter received from Co-Op. No CCA for you, son... "We first require a wet signature in order to verify your identity". They kindly enclose a stamped addressed envelope for this purpose.
            18/08 - Bad copy of signed application form received (ie hard to read) but can't see any terms
            19/08 - Uploaded docs to AAD for enforceability checking

Comment

Barclaycard #2 (old Egg Blue card)

Approx Balance £9,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP until June 2014, nothing since then

Defaulted - Jan 2013

Account owner: Barclaycard

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.
              24/2 - CCA request sent to Barclaycard for each card
              23/7 - Reconstituted agreement (just two sets of T&Cs) received from Barclaycard
              29/7 - "T&C's sent" letter sent to Barclaycard
              13/8 - Response received from Barclaycard - "in response to your request for your application, please find enclosed". What was actually enclosed was a printout of a set of data from the 'alleged' internet application - name, address, employer, income etc. NO linked terms, more importantly not a signed credit agreement. I'm fairly sure this is
              but will scan and submit everything to Niddy just to be on the safe side, as it's a large amount of money. I think I'm also still going to have to press them a little harder on the matter of whether they hold a signed agreement as well, although we know that Egg are good at reconstituting if pushed, but this account is currently not being paid even token payments for the time being.
              19/08 - Niddy confirms
              , advised to send T&C's received letter again - done

Comment

Co-Op Platinum Card

Approx Balance £3500

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange up to June - nothing since then

19/08 - Uploaded docs to AAD for enforceability checking

20/08 - Niddy says
                - missing prescribed terms letter sent.
                Last edited by Grassy_K; 20 August 2014, 08:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
                  "We first require a wet signature in order to verify your identity".

So I hope you got a dog to lick the last digital signature you sent them to provide the soggy verification?

20/08 - Niddy says
                  - missing prescribed terms letter sent.
                  Excellent news!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                    [/COLOR][/B]So I hope you got a dog to lick the last digital signature you sent them to provide the soggy verification?

[COLOR=#0000cd]

Excellent news!

Yes, strange choice of words there from the Co-Op. Perhaps they're still taking too much of Paul Flowers' finest.

Regarding the Barclaycard, yes it's ok so far but I'm not celebrating yet because this is the sister card to the Egg Green card. When I really pushed them about the agreement on the Green, they did come up with it in the end, so I'm hoping when I challenge again on this blue card that the same thing doesn't happen.

Comment

Mint Platinum Card

Approx Balance £3500

Status: Wussy £5 token payments via StepChange up to June - nothing since then

Account owner: RBS

30/07 - CCA request sent to Mint.
                      30/08 - Copy of application form plus 2 sets of T&Cs received from Mint. Looks possibly enforceable. Will scan and upload to Niddy by the end of the week.

Comment

Marbles Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £1950

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner 1st Credit

12/4 - Letter of introduction / NOA received from 1st Credit - they've crawled out of the woodwork on a Marbles debt that I stopped paying on about 6 months ago.
                        12/4 - CCA request sent to 1st Credit and debt disputed

Update

19/4/14 - Fairly nice, non threatening response from 1st Credit thanking me for my letter. They have requested the relevant documents from the original creditor, Marbles, and will post them to me when they receive them.
                        6/09/14 - Letter from 1st Credit - we are reassigning your account back to Marbles. They will be in touch....

This one looks like a case of just sitting out another 5 years until SB... they clearly have zero paperwork.

Comment

Nice one GK

Comment

They seem to be giving up too easily by sending the debt back to Marbles. My experience of them is they bluff and bluster till you cave in or they keep over.

Could it be that Niddy has inserted some integrity into their operation? The only other alternative is that they are buying debts 'on approval' and they can send back the ones they can't make money out of. I'ld like to think our Niddy has crushed them.

Well done!

Comment

Brilliant Grassy_K
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Considering we allow 1st Credit membership on AAD; that says it all.

They do behave properly believe it or not, plus they know our templates - so 2+2.....

Marbles agreements aren't the best and 1st probably know this. When they purchase debts they have recourse to return to the OC. ALL debt purchasers insert such a clause as it's required within FCA Regulation (that any genuine queries must be investigated via the OC and collection activity must cease). 1st probably know it's s dud and have decided it's not worth their involvement. Plus I'd end up talking to my contact if they pursued an UE debt - ask Elsa
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X