GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grassy_K's Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grassy Knollington vs Nasty Banks

HFC Credit Card

Date commenced: Approx. 2003

Approx Balance £5900

Date last paid Aug 2013

Defaulted December 2013

Account owner HFC still (I think)

13/1 Letter from HFC - account has been referred to Restons Solicitors
    20/1 Letter to HFC - complaint re failure to consider offers or freeze interest, request for copy of Credit Agreement enclosing £1
    21/1 Extremely threatening letter received from Restons - pay up by January 30th or we will issue a County Court summons
    21/1 Letter to Restons - outstanding CCA request and account in dispute with HFC
    29/1 Letter from Restons - We are referring to our client and will revert back to you in due course

Comment

Just ignore this and see what they send next.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know it's seems that it is easy for others to say when they are not in your shoes but most people on here are in the same position as you. I've had three accounts with the same DCA and they have been sending me the "we've referred back to our client and will get back to you" letter each month for about 18 months now. You need to chill as advised now

Comment

Agree, yesterday had letter from Marlin, referred back to Lloyds. They were unable to supply cca in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
            I know it's seems that it is easy for others to say when they are not in your shoes but most people on here are in the same position as you. I've had three accounts with the same DCA and they have been sending me the "we've referred back to our client and will get back to you" letter each month for about 18 months now. You need to chill as advised now
            Thank you

Comment

And now I have another fight on my hands that I didn't even ask for.

Barclaycards x 2 (both old Egg cards, World MasterCard and Standard Card)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004 & 2005

Approx Balance £9,000 and £10,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP every month to each

Defaulted - never apparently

Account owner: Not sure. I thought this was with a DCA... maybe Link.

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.

Sounds ominous, they've been quiet for ages and I thought I was in a payment arrangement already with them. Is the above a prelude to litigation?

Comment

Hi there G K

Just read through this and whilst I can't offer advice on it....I'm sure you will get all the help you need here, there are are some seriously helpful people herefor my part I can offer a bit of moral support

Comment

Originally posted by grassy_knollington View Post
                  And now I have another fight on my hands that I didn't even ask for.

Barclaycards x 2 (both old Egg cards, World MasterCard and Standard Card)

Date commenced: Approx. 2004 & 2005

Approx Balance £9,000 and £10,000

Date last paid : Token £5 payments on DMP every month to each

Defaulted - never apparently

Account owner: Not sure. I thought this was with a DCA... maybe Link.

1/2 - Letters x 2 from Barclaycard "After reviewing your payments" we are now issuing a formal demand for payment (with threat of court action). Can avoid this by telephoning them and coming to a payment arrangement. And P.S we screwed up your CRA reporting. We're now correcting it and defaulting you.

Sounds ominous, they've been quiet for ages and I thought I was in a payment arrangement already with them. Is the above a prelude to litigation?
                  have you sent a CCA request? If not do so. Don't worry. They won't jump in with a claim at this stage.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

loads of these letters floating around to-day, some bugger has pressed a wee button at Barclaycard HQ, don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      have you sent a CCA request? If not do so. Don't worry. They won't jump in with a claim at this stage.
                      CCA requests will be sent off tomorrow

Comment

Hi GK
                        You got a hell of a team behind you with AAD
                        Greymatter

Comment

Originally posted by greymatter View Post
                          Hi GK
                          You got a hell of a team behind you with AAD
                          Greymatter
                          I think I'm going to need it with the litigious HFC hounds snapping at my heels...

Comment

With regards to your Egg Cards. Well worth finding out when exactly you took them out as there is a very important date between them.

The old Egg cards of people who were paying something (as you appear to be) were kept by BC and just farmed out to various DCA's to collect. So no chance of SB here yet awhile. One would have to think as market conditions improve banks will be wanting to offload underperforming assets. A default and termination followed by an assignment to a DCA would be my bet on this because as Mrs D said a good number appeared on the forums last week.

Rump Egg banks paperwork is a shambles.

Obviously Niddys advice is the way forward.

However I would be tempted to SAR rump egg aswell. With a view of being pre armed so to speak if a DCA buys.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post

However I would be tempted to SAR rump egg aswell. With a view of being pre armed so to speak if a DCA buys.
                              Thanks Ken, I don't quite understand the meaning of this bit. I thought I would be relying on the unenforceability of the "agreement" to prevent court action. What is the use of doing a subject access request and if I did do that, would I not be doing that to Barclaycard not Egg themselves?

Quite keen to get rolling on this due to the previous mass assignment to Marlin by B/C that I've been reading about on this forum. I guess I should put this into dispute if possible before they potentially assign?

Sorry for the questions.

Comment

Barclaycard will not have much in the way of anything as your accounts were sold in 2011. So a SAR to them will be not much use I agree.

Rump Egg are being somewhat artistic in the paper and scissors department. I know I have one. If they comply and it is a good recon then you have to start thinking other idea's. My initial thought seeing your start dates was that one account was before electronic coms act. But your not sure. SAR would reveal that.

I would get your s78 done asap as advised by Niddy. But I would be prepared to SAR egg as I feel the mess of paperwork there could be helpful further down the road. These are pretty big accounts and SB is a while away if you still paying now.

My gut feeling here is BC are preparing to assign. There has been a number of cross forum threads about CRA corrections, defaults, terminations and long dormant/small DMP accounts having activity the last couple of weeks. BC are up to something and it never involves us little guys having good things done to us.

Comment

Working...
                                X