GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sara2 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sara2 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sara2 UE Diary

Originally posted by sara2 View Post
    This is with lowell now they sent me legal action threat on 03/12/2015 amount for £2729

I sent LBA on 14/12/2015
    They have now sent Pre - legal assessment dated 17/12/2015 reached me yesterday so they didn't address my last letter it could be overlap of communications ?

Not sure what to do with this? I am not sure if I sent any communications regarding this before.
    Update on this, They replied to my letter, and said that they will investigate my complaint within 8 weeks
    Latest letter from them dated 10/2/2016 saying they are still investigating, and I could complain to financial Ombudsman service if i want to, as they missed the deadline.

I received a letter in my old address, a friend told me brown envelope post code NN1 2TX, google says it is court address, and it could be Lowell? I haven't opened it, and doesn't have defendant as how court letters should be just my name, any advice?

Comment

I received a letter in my old address, a friend told me brown envelope post code NN1 2TX, google says it is court address, and it could be Lowell? I haven't opened it, and doesn't have defendant as how court letters should be just my name, any advice?
      That sounds like a possible court claim although it may be a letter from Lowells solicitors who are also based in Northampton but don't tend to send letters in brown envelopes.

Take a deep breath and open it.

Scan the first page (if it is a summons) and email it to me using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        That sounds like a possible court claim although it may be a letter from Lowells solicitors who are also based in Northampton but don't tend to send letters in brown envelopes.

Take a deep breath and open it.

Scan the first page (if it is a summons) and email it to me using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk.

Plan B x
        Thank you, I have emailed you

Comment

I have emailed you
          I've got that and replied.

This claim is for a very old Barclaycard so let's see what we can come up with

Link to your original post on this debt http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post267102

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            I've got that and replied.

This claim is for a very old Barclaycard so let's see what we can come up with

Link to your original post on this debt http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post267102

Plan B x
            Thanks Plan B was great chatting to you, It is amazing what you do. I have emailed you, hope you received it, and I will use this weekend to search for anything else might help.

Thank you again

Comment

• Type of account- overdraft
              • Date commenced- around 2008
              • Approx balance- 2500
              • Date last paid- 1/11/2012
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying- not paying
              • Status- in arrears
              • Account- owner Halifax

with all the charges I could not pay it or close the account, and now increased to £2 a day!

10/12/12 CCA sent
              This is with lowell now they sent me legal action threat on 03/12/2015 amount for £2892

I sent LBA on 14/12/2015
              They have now sent Pre - legal assessment dated 17/12/2015 reached me yesterday so they didn't address my last letter it could be overlap of communications ?

Not sure what to do with this? I am not sure if I sent any communications regarding this before apart from 2012 one? all the other debts are documented apart from this and another one both with Lowell now

Ok I received a letter for this combined with the credit card, long letter but they said for current account they can not provide
              original credit agreement
              or default notice as it is issued once, and can't be reproduced.

They contacted original creditor and will send me statements and terms and conditions. They said the bought the debt and their letter was not formal letter before action, account on hold until they receive info
              Last edited by sara2; 29 April 2016, 10:21.

Comment

Re: Sara2 Diary

• Type of account- credit card
                • Date commenced- 1998
                • Approx balance- 2500
                • Date last paid- 1/11/2012
                • Are you on arrangement or not paying- not paying
                • Status- in arrears
                • Account- owner HALIFAX
                This is with lowell now they sent me legal action threat on 03/12/2015 amount for £2729

I sent LBA on 14/12/2015

Not sure what to do with this? I am not sure if I sent any communications regarding this before.
                Update same letter as above with lowell so no default notice will be sent but statements, terms and condition, and original credit agreement.

Comment

If/when you get the agreement email a copy to Niddy, put your user name in the title and if possible a link to this thread.
                  no need to edit it as Niddy is the only one who will see it,
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                    If/when you get the agreement email a copy to Niddy, put your user name in the title and if possible a link to this thread.
                    no need to edit it as Niddy is the only one who will see it,
                    Thank you but can I request CCA from Lowell because they basically saying, they have been in contact with me etc, and I didnt engage with them. I asked for CCA from original debtors but not Lowell. They are saying default notice can't be sent while 1st credit trying to obtain that notice.

Comment

• Re: Sara2 UE Diary

sorry but I appear to have lost the plot

you sent a CCA for the halifax cc? did you get any paperwork back from them, has Niddy seen it
                      so the Halifax credit card is now with lowell and you sent them a LBA in December last year,
                      lowell put the account on hold? they have been in touch with OC ?

where does 1st credit come into it please, was the account sold to 1st?
                      sorry but I have looked through your thread and cant see where this account was linked to 1st credit xx NW
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                        sorry but I appear to have lost the plot

you sent a CCA for the halifax cc? did you get any paperwork back from them, has Niddy seen it
                        so the Halifax credit card is now with lowell and you sent them a LBA in December last year,
                        lowell put the account on hold? they have been in touch with OC ?

where does 1st credit come into it please, was the account sold to 1st?
                        sorry but I have looked through your thread and cant see where this account was linked to 1st credit xx NW
                        Sorry to confuse you, 1st credit with another debt, last time I heard from them they said they will send me the default notice.
                        Lowell in the other hand telling me, they don't need to provide one,and they will just get statements, and terms and conditions once they get them from creditor. And I never asked for CCA from them when they took over, only LBA, which now they are saying it was never threat of action, and I failed to engage with them.

Comment

ahhh ok, so lowell are now going to get the CCA even though you didn't ask for one

they often say they don't need one for an overdraft
                          they do need to send one for a Credit card if requested,

just hang on and see what comes from them next, but post up straight away xx

have a good weekend x

Comment

Hi all,

I have checked my credit file. The last default is 3 years ago but there is one account, which was installments plan from curry, they keep adding late payments all that time?? the amount is not much, I stopped paying because they kept adding interests but this surely looks bad, problem is I don't have anything from them to contact them. I want to make settlement payment, please advice. I have attached the credit file entry.Click image for larger version

Name:	consumer.png
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1410966

Comment

Sorry guys maybe my question was not clear. Can they do that? marking it late that long without default notice?

Comment

They shouldn't, but they do. Unfortunately I don't know the law on this, but I believe the guidance is to issue defaults within 6 or 9 months of last payment. There are some cases waiting to go to court that will clarify when defaults should be recorded and their relevance for court.

Comment

Working...
                                X