GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sara2 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sara2 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sara2 UE Diary

I wouldnt include anything just yet, but whether you was able to manage other comitments is irelevent.

HMRC always bang on about whats considered reasonable, they always ignore the facts and reply with the same nonsense lines.

Your appeal should include examples of what you consider reasonable excuses, such as, what was going on in your life at the time. This will play a big part, so go in to detail about what was happening, hardship, money issues, business not working, receiving no income, husband out of work etc.

How you was not in any fit state to remember to file tax returns for which no tax was due, and as you had received no income, filing nil tax returns was the last thing on your mind due to the above reasons.

Also state, given the fact no tax was due for these years, you believe the penalties should be waved.
    You have since filed tax returns for all years outstanding.

You should get a reply within a month or 2, if you do not, then you need to send a chaser letter, it took us a year for a client once during the appeals process because they didnt bother to respond, so keep an eye on it.

If they reject your appeal i will explain how to format your next letter to pass it to an independant ajudicator.
    Last edited by SXGuy; 8 December 2012, 16:13.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Sxguy, I suspect thy replied after I sent the online message few days ago. The letter is not very specific as it advice me to do my returns if I have not done so!! they obviously did not see that I did now owe any tax.

Also my tax code was adjusted twice, first at 5000 restriction, and now 3000 until I pay the plenty. After paying the plenty do I get some rebate??

I am also scared the plenty increases more before they reply to my appeal.

Comment

The penalties are based on up to the point when you submit your self assessments, the wont increase before or after an appeal, its when the returns are submitted thats the cut off point.

Penalties are capped at a max amount so as the returns for previous years are more than a year late, they shouldnt increase any more than they are already.

To be honest, ive never seen someones PAYE tax code change due to penalites being owed, its usually just when an underpayment of tax has been made. If they have made a determination of tax due, then yes your tax code should be corrected once the returns are filed, and you would get a rebate.
        Last edited by SXGuy; 9 December 2012, 00:35.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          The penalties are based on up to the point when you submit your self assessments, the wont increase before or after an appeal, its when the returns are submitted thats the cut off point.

Penalties are capped at a max amount so as the returns for previous years are more than a year late, they shouldnt increase any more than they are already.
          but they are increasing, I mean interest, they started 600 I think now 1300, and increasing now just a tenner but I think after a year they double or something, I have read it somewhere, I can't remember.

Comment

hmm ok, perhaps im getting confused with late submission penalties and interest.

Which year is this relating to? 2011? if the return for that year has been submitted the interest shouldnt be increasing.

Comment

Unlucky for me, the plenty was 100 pounds per year plus interests, until 2011 it increased to 1300 but as I can see interests is still been added.

Comment

penalties are £100 a year previous to 2011. From 2011 onwards, penalties are £100 for late submission, plus £10 per day, up to a maximum of £1600.

So it looks like its rising because you havent reached the limit yet.

Comment

Hi Sara

Please find attached tax returns for 2006, 2007 amnd 2008.

Couple of things.

You will need to tipex out your name, date of birth and print in grey scale before completeing them.

Im afraid that my software doesnt allow creation of returns without at least a name and date of birth, so i had to add something in those fields.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you SXguy, you are a star, I have sent you pm.

*I have now sent CCA to all my overdraft account holders, as no postal orders needed I updated my post.
                    Bought postal orders ready to send tomorrow to my CC and loans

*I have wrote the tax letter and will send them tomorrow.
                    I also have two pay day loans one with wonga for £840 and another with payday uk for £540, what is the best plan for those??

I have opened a new account, and salary will be transferred there, wonga kept calling, and texting, and also sent me two letters by post. payday uk just called few times, and one text.
                    Last edited by sara2; 11 December 2012, 11:03.

Comment

Hi how are you now?
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Thanks Nana, I am fine.

Hi all, I have received credit agreement from 1st credit about one debt Opus, citi before. I am delayed for response, my life been a mess, my son been in, and out of hospital for about a year now and just my life is a mess, they sent me this few weeks ago now, and they want response. I want to sort this, it is big file not sure how I can can and send all of this but I checked the guide in this amazing forum, and it seem it ticks most things, will there is no signature but it might been online an account but there few things I have noticed
                        1. the agreement has a later address than the one I open the account at, as I remember receiving the card at different address
                        2. account was opened in 2007 but I have few statements from 2010 from citi then opus
                        3. in the guide it talks about agreement Apr "the APR stated must be no more than 0.1% below the actual interest charged and no more than 1% above." where do I find this, in the agreement it given me Apr but after that in statements I see different amounts for cash and purchases per annum is that the figure?

Thank you all in advance

Comment

Hi Sara

Sorry you've been having problems and I hope your son is on the road to recovery x

As it was opened in 2007 it is likely to be enforceable but you could try to blag it. Upload your agreement here
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi

can you email me the main agreement page please.

Dont worry too much - city were a nightmare when they sold to Opus / Progressive Financial. If you can mail me that for now please.

Thanks
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you both, I now have uploaded it, it opens new thread, I guess it i not public? as I didn't cover my personal info?

Comment

Originally posted by sara2 View Post
                                Thank you both, I now have uploaded it, it opens new thread, I guess it i not public? as I didn't cover my personal info?
                                No one else can see, it's for your and Niddy's eyes only Sara

Best wishes
                                IF
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X