GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sara2 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sara2 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sara2 UE Diary

Lot of info to digest but sure help will be along.

Would think CCA requests are a must on all the ones you havnt sent for yet.

This includes the BC one that you already got via a SAR.

It can be scarey at first as so much going on. My advice post up as and when you get stuff. The sooner the better and the team will be able to help you better.

Comment

• Type of account- Overdraft
      • Date commenced-2010
      • Approx balance- 1250
      • Date last paid- 5/11/2012
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying- not paying
      • Status- in arrears
      • Account- owner- HSBC

10/12/12 CCA sent
      Last edited by sara2; 11 December 2012, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
        Lot of info to digest but sure help will be along.

Would think CCA requests are a must on all the ones you havnt sent for yet.

This includes the BC one that you already got via a SAR.

It can be scarey at first as so much going on. My advice post up as and when you get stuff. The sooner the better and the team will be able to help you better.
        I know that so much, I was robbing Peter to pay Paul, so I can keep my credit file great but that meant taken more debts to just pay off Minimum . I decided to go bankrupt as I have no assets, and could not keep paying them all. I then came across website get out of debt free, I was not sure about the information given, and there was not much help or real success stories, although the positive thing I gained from that website, to fight back, and not to be intimidated.

I then came across this great website, so much information to digest but hopefully it is the start of something good.
        Last edited by sara2; 7 December 2012, 12:19.

Comment

Also alot of post 2007 accounts which sadly UE is unlikely on so different strategies all round.

You asked about reclaiming.

PPI is good to go post what you have in the reclaiming section Di am sure will help you along. However if you win and debt is with Original Creditor they will offset. Less of a balance but no windfall to you.

The halifax charges. What are these. You say £3000 on a £2500 balance. What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by sara2 View Post
            I then came across this great website, so much information to digest but hopefully is the start of something good.
            There is a wonderful thread somewhere about posters year on stories. Maybe a mod can post a link up. Read that and you will see its scarey at first but it does get easier. Plus you get a life back.

Comment

• Type of account- Credit card
              • Date commenced-20/10/2008
              • Approx balance- 1500
              • Date last paid- 1/11/2012
              • Are you on arrangement or not paying- not paying
              • Status- in arrears
              • Account- owner Vanquis

After a day of missed payment, they have been calling me from 5 different numbers so far, all blocked!
              Vanquis watch out for a local area code number i.e. yours they resort to even do that to try contact with you.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Also alot of post 2007 accounts which sadly UE is unlikely on so different strategies all round.

You asked about reclaiming.

PPI is good to go post what you have in the reclaiming section Di am sure will help you along. However if you win and debt is with Original Creditor they will offset. Less of a balance but no windfall to you.

The halifax charges. What are these. You say £3000 on a £2500 balance. What are they?

These are charges, late fee and over limit fees, they were £25 each long time ago as I had the account since 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                  Vanquis watch out for a local area code number i.e. yours they resort to even do that to try contact with you.
                  I had the pleasure encounter already, thanks to smart phone I block all numbers I don't recognize.

Comment

I have Emailed Niddy for the Halifax agreement

Comment

Hi Sara2

I know that so much, I was robbing Peter to pay Paul, so I can keep my credit file great but that meant taken more debts to just pay off Minimum . I decided to go bankrupt as I have no assets, and could not keep paying them all. I then came across website get out of debt free, I was not sure about the information given, and there was not much help or real success stories, although the positive thing I gained from that website, to fight back, and not to be intimidated.

I then came across this great website, so much information to digest but hopefully it is the start of something good.
                      Sounds very much like my story (apart form the getoutofdebtfree website) as I was waiting for a tax refund to come through so that I could pay the BR fee. In the meantime I heard about UE and Niddy on another forum. Have a look at my diary Pixie's UE diary - allaboutFORUMS

There is a wonderful thread somewhere about posters year on stories. Maybe a mod can post a link up. Read that and you will see its scarey at first but it does get easier. Plus you get a life back.
                      Here's the link to the thread UE - One year on - allaboutFORUMS The OP is now 2+years down the UE road, as are many other members, myself included

I'd certainly send cca requests off. With the ones that are too late for UE you may still be able to blag them. There are many users who have been doing that for quite some time
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

These are charges, late fee and over limit fees, they were £25 each long time ago as I had the account since 1999.
                        Sara.

If it were me I would concentrate on UE with this one. If you dont pay which is the idea of UE then the charges mean nothing.

That said keep it in the background just incase it went horribly wrong on this account. It can help then.

The reason I say this is my feeling the banks have really tightened up on charges. Anything over 6 years (will be all the big ones) they wont entertain due to limitations act and those less than 6 years they will say is at the FSA level and therefore industry standard.

FOS are not entertaining charge reclaims either so your only choice is court. (I was knocked back on a halifax claim just last week at FOS)

By watching the internet I have seen a worrying trend (last 4/5 months) where people are encouraged to claim in court by internet warriors only for the OC to counterclaim for the outstanding balance.

A number of CCJ's now are looking increasingly likely from an action that was originally for a charge reclaim.

Follow Niddy and charges will hopefully become irrelevant anyway depending on what the CCA comes back as.

Fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Hi Sara2

Sounds very much like my story (apart form the getoutofdebtfree website) as I was waiting for a tax refund to come through so that I could pay the BR fee. In the meantime I heard about UE and Niddy on another forum. Have a look at my diary Pixie's UE diary - allaboutFORUMS

Here's the link to the thread UE - One year on - allaboutFORUMS The OP is now 2+years down the UE road, as are many other members, myself included

I'd certainly send cca requests off. With the ones that are too late for UE you may still be able to blag them. There are many users who have been doing that for quite some time
                          I guess our story is similar more than you imagined. I too was waiting for tax rebate for the fee ( another mess)

Years ago, I was dreaming to make my online empire business, so I followed all the steps which was advised online, one been to register self employed. I registered but never made any money, in fact I made a loss, and did not file my tax return for years, and it was all too scary for me, and I moved address too.

I then noticed that i was paying more tax, I contacted them I was told that it was for penalty charge for failing to file my tax. It was £1000 for all those years but then I got another penalty for £1300 just for 2011, I called I explained my situation.

I was advised to appeal, and file all my return even if I did not make anything. I was also advised over the phone to just do the 4 years online, and they will let me know if I need to do the rest.

I sent my appeal, and it has been more than a month, I did not hear anything. I also sent secure message online, still nothing, my 1000 penalty will be paid off by April but my salary was restricted for £5000 and now for £3000. I think I have paid more tax than I should even after taken the 1000 pound. I am thinking to send them recorded delivery letter, to let me know what is happening??

When I told the person in the phone, if I have to pay this amount, is there installment plan as I can’t pay them. She said I am advising you to appeal, since you have no tax due, they should look into it, I can’t guarantee the outcome but try.
                          Last edited by sara2; 7 December 2012, 14:58.

Comment

Sara.

If it were me I would concentrate on UE with this one. If you dont pay which is the idea of UE then the charges mean nothing.

That said keep it in the background just incase it went horribly wrong on this account. It can help then.

The reason I say this is my feeling the banks have really tightened up on charges. Anything over 6 years (will be all the big ones) they wont entertain due to limitations act and those less than 6 years they will say is at the FSA level and therefore industry standard.

FOS are not entertaining charge reclaims either so your only choice is court. (I was knocked back on a halifax claim just last week at FOS)

By watching the internet I have seen a worrying trend (last 4/5 months) where people are encouraged to claim in court by internet warriors only for the OC to counterclaim for the outstanding balance.

A number of CCJ's now are looking increasingly likely from an action that was originally for a charge reclaim.

Follow Niddy and charges will hopefully become irrelevant anyway depending on what the CCA comes back as.

Fingers crossed for you.
                            I was thinking along that line, as you pointed out I have read online people taking banks to court to reclaim back charges, and I was motivated to do so, glad I joined here.

Thank you very much for the advice, I am so grateful for all the help I am getting, and I hope I too can help others.

This is great forum, and the advice is amazing, Niddy replied to my email within minutes to clarify few points, I could not believe it.

Comment

Which is exactly why I like this approach here - which is never (well almost never) take a creditor to court. What you want to establish is a 'stand off' and then let the alleged debt go statute barred.

Court should be the very very last action. The encouragement of LIP's by armchair warriors is not helping anyones cause as every 'win' against a debtor is another case the banks legal teams can throw at us.

However they do not want to initiate court action as the opposite is also true, but it is a case of picking your battles...........
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

I was thinking along that line, as you pointed out I have read online people taking banks to court to reclaim back charges, and I was motivated to do so, glad I joined here.

Thank you very much for the advice, I am so grateful for all the help I am getting, and I hope I too can help others.

This is great forum, and the advice is amazing, Niddy replied to my email within minutes to clarify few points, I could not believe it.
                                However little you think you can help, by your own life experiences, you will have an answer for someone out there.

Personally I think for most people the reclaim charges boat left a while ago. But many on the net are giving bad advice and getting people into water out of their depth. I was told on another forum mine was a sure fire Mr Bank will pay up. I just had to learn all about limitations law and fight a hired lawyer from London. Someone who inhabits the court for a living. All this would cost me money but of course I might get this back IF I won. Finally they say its a judge lottery and some just see us as dirty debtors. Then you read more from said posters and realise they are internet warriors. When people get into trouble they vanish.

When asked when they had won it dawned on me they were talkin years ago. Limitations for the big charges hadnt elasped so the banks were just auto paying to avoid having to show what a rip off the rest of us were paying.

You have lots of stuff you can do already which will be less risky to you and potentially get you to a place where you are out or nearly out of this nightmare.

When you are in a better place you may wish to revisit this aspect.

Comment

Working...
                                X