Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ca71
    replied
    Hi nightwatch - Yes, welcome letter from BPO was included. Filed accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    OK that's fine.

they have just passed it of for someone else to try and persuade you to donate to the Christmas party.
    If BPO did not have a letter in with the one saying they had passed it over to them, then you can expect some calls and sometime a letter of introduction.
    just post up when it happens,
    \if you do happen to answer a call from them, just say "in writing only please" and hang up.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Had a letter from Cabot re: Debt 2 stating that this debt has now been passed to BPO Collections for "management".

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    you beat me to it Roger,
    I will add, they will continue to contact you even when the default drops of your credit file, but if you continue to ignore them, there is nothing they can do,
    UE means they can ASK for you to pay them, BUT they CANNOT enforce the debt in court, even though some may say they can, or even try frightening you by sending letters saying they are looking at court action.
    Always read any letters a couple of times before running round like a headless Chicken, or in this day and age, a Chickenless nugget.
    post on here anything that your not sure of, one of us will be around, even at silly o'clock, (namely me) the voice of illogical thinking at your service

Have a nice weekend,
    I am off to visit Hubby in hospital, just started up visiting for an hour twice a week, he's been in since beginning of may.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    In deciding you should consider not just the UE but your Credit status with the Credit Report Agencies!
    Because if there is NO impact on your Credit nothing will be achieved by a settlement other than giving these pariah's your or your families hard earned monies.
    The moment you accept their offers the Statute Bar Clock will restart.
    The Original Debt will have been sold for pennies in the pound and the Lender's Bad Debt written off against Tax.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    Hi

Your update on the detail of Debt No.3 says 30%, but here you say 20% - confusing.

Why pay anything on an unenforceable debt? Further, if you make an offer they will assume you have funds available, which will affect their approach to Debt No.2 - if they make the connection.
    Sorry, my mistake - The initial offer was to settle for 30% and the very latest is now 25%. I've corrected my mistake.

From my side, it's a case of putting these specific debts behind me.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Hi

Your update on the detail of Debt No.3 says 30%, but here you say 20% - confusing.

Why pay anything on an unenforceable debt? Further, if you make an offer they will assume you have funds available, which will affect their approach to Debt No.2 - if they make the connection.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    I've just received an offer to settle Debt 3 for 20% of the sum outstanding. I am thinking of writing back to offer a *much* lower amount. However, given that I have another debt with Cabot) which is unenforceable as they have not complied with my CCA request). In fact, they have not responded at all which makes me think it has been lost in the post.

My concern is that if I was to offer a F&F settlement figure for Debt 3, it might spur them into looking at Debt 2 a bit more closely. If they do find the requisite documentation then I could suddenly find myself on their radar (which I want to avoid) and potentially looking down the barrel of a LBC.

I'd appreciate thoughts on what I should do now (if anything).

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied
    & also - point to remember; the creditor refunding back to the account does NOT affect any SB status, just carry on as normal.

Leave a comment:

• Night Monkey
    replied
    Small refund will be sent direct to PRA
    I've just had one of them. Looks like Barclaycard are joining the club that HSBC started a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by ca71 View Post
    Letter received from Barclaycard regarding default fees. Small refund will be sent direct to PRA. Diary updated.
    See https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...62#post1540862

PRA can't simply reduce the debt by this refund!
    The mention of default fees raises a host of questions about the CCA (because default fees will be included in the terms) as well as any Default Notice and calculated outstanding Debt and the assigned debt to PRA.

Make a note for yourself of this and obviously say nothing!

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Letter received from Barclaycard regarding default fees. Small refund will be sent direct to PRA. Diary updated.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Now a more specific discount (25%) from Resolvecall. Filed.

Now's the time to put on your poker face.

This is your NatWest credit card from 1999 which is currently unenforceable so you've got a good hand, but no need to show it just yet

Di

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Now a more specific discount (25%) from Resolvecall. Filed.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Hi Di

edited to add - The PRA response was January 2021 (4 months ago).

You're right about the timeline - you sent the CCA Request in December 2020, and the documents were sent to you 3 weeks’ later in January 2021.

My excuse is I was typing on my iPad without wearing my usual glasses

But that doesn’t change the fact that the credit agreement appears to be unenforceable.

Di
    Last edited by PlanB; 18 May 2021, 21:14.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X