Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ca71
    replied
    Re: Debt1 - Yay! Default will drop off my credit file soon.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Making Offers, Formula & CFS

If for any reason you're not comfortable with making offers to your creditor then we are happy to help you to compile a suitable letter, however we cannot actually get involved on your behalf and deal direct with the creditor. Please contact us if you need assistance with a bespoke offer template. This last paragraph probably is still the case!

Never-In-Doubt may be able to update on this issue?
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 11 January 2023, 16:08.

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied
    I am not sure but I think getting a 3rd party to write making the offer may not reset the clock. So if you have a family member who knows about your debts - but I am not sure. Years ago there used to be letters on here, not sure if they are still about.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat View Post
    I think you must do what is right for you however a couple of points to bear in mind
    If you make a F&F then you may well be acknowledging the debt and thus resetting the bar
    It might be that if you were to ask, they may just close the account- they did this with a couple of mine but they totalled under 5K

No one, and I mean no one, on a forum or in real life can tell you the right way to deal with it- As NM says, everyone's circumstances are different.

Good Luck
    I'm wondering if there are a form of words I could to use to request them to close the account that does not reset the SB clock.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat View Post
    I think you must do what is right for you however a couple of points to bear in mind
    If you make a F&F then you may well be acknowledging the debt and thus resetting the bar
    It might be that if you were to ask, they may just close the account- they did this with a couple of mine but they totalled under 5K

No one, and I mean no one, on a forum or in real life can tell you the right way to deal with it- As NM says, everyone's circumstances are different.

Good Luck
    Thanks, Pat. I've submitted a SAR to the original lender in the hope of picking up some additional chatter between them and Cabot. Once I reviewed the output, I'll then decide on a way forward.
    Last edited by ca71; 12 January 2023, 05:43.

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• Night Monkey
    replied
    What you do is up to you
    Always this. To me AAD is about making informed decisions without being bullied by DCAs. Everyone's circumstances and preferences are different and as long as we're happy with the outcome (as far as is possible given the general topic ) then that's all we can ask.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Well, you've had the advice here. What you do is up to you.
    agree we tried! end of the day your decision happy with that then OK.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 January 2023, 20:38.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Originally posted by ca71 View Post

For reasons I can't go into here, I'd like to try to clear Debt3 by means of a F&F offer. My circumstances are very similar to above.
    Well, you've had the advice here. What you do is up to you.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy_the_cat View Post
    Name Virgin
    Type of Account Credit Card
    Date Commenced March 2017
    Date Defaulted June 2019
    Approx Balance £10,000
    Account Owner Cabot
    Arrangement/Not paying Not paying
    Last Date paid March 2021
    1. Early Feb - CCA Request sent to Cabot
    2. 26 Feb 21 - Response from Cabot - Need 12 days
    3. 11 Mar 21 - Response from Cabot - Still Processing (Account unenforceable)
    4. 07 May 21 - I made a F&F offer of £400
    5. 14 May 21 - Offer Rejected and counter made of £8k
    6. 21 Jun 21 - Letter received from Cabot - "We haven't been able to obtain the information you requested from the original lender. If this information becomes available to us later, we'll complete your request and send you the relevant information. Until we can supply this, your account is unenforceable".
    7. 29 Dec 22 - I made a F&F offer of £250.
    8. 29 Dec 22 - Offer Accepted
    For reasons I can't go into here, I'd like to try to clear Debt3 by means of a F&F offer. My circumstances are very similar to above.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    sit on your hands

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Monkey View Post

Which does not always stop court action. Maybe the system grinding along without any logic being applied, or a conscious decision that it's 'worth a punt' that you'll cave in or they'll get a default decision if you don't defend it.

I'd be asking what you'd gain by sending an SAR? Unless there's a definite purpose to rattling their cage now I'd leave it until there was.
    Good point. Just thought there might be something useful in it which could help me or the wider community.

Leave a comment:

• Night Monkey
    replied
    ...by their own admission - they do not have the original agreement.
    Which does not always stop court action. Maybe the system grinding along without any logic being applied, or a conscious decision that it's 'worth a punt' that you'll cave in or they'll get a default decision if you don't defend it.

I'd be asking what you'd gain by sending an SAR? Unless there's a definite purpose to rattling their cage now I'd leave it until there was.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

In that case I would let sleeping dogs lie. Don't wake them up with a SAR.
    I'm not sure I've got anything to lose by submitted a SAR. Court action for one has just been discontinued and the other - by their own admission - they do not have the original agreement. Sorry, not trying to be obtuse, just like to understand the risks involved in submitted a SAR at this point.
    Last edited by ca71; 10 January 2023, 10:15.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Originally posted by ca71 View Post

No contact from them at all.
    In that case I would let sleeping dogs lie. Don't wake them up with a SAR.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X