X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ca71
    replied
    Hi Di

I submitted a SAR to Barclaycard a few weeks after I submitted the CCA to PRA Group to see if there was any 'chatter'. Nothing at all. I'm just going to leave the payment as it is for now as they are obviously getting it.

edited to add - The PRA response was January 2021 (4 months ago).

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Originally posted by ca71 View Post
    PRA have written to me to ask me to cancel the payment to Barclaycard and send it direct to them (even though Barclaycard are obviously sending the payments onwards as they are showing up on my PRA statements).

Would it do any harm to do as they ask?

I've looked back at your thread and the post below in particular which says Niddy deemed the credit agreement unenforceable This was over a year ago so I'm also curious as to why PRA suddenly want to change the payment arrangement now.

I can see the debt was assigned to PRA in 2017 so have you been paying Barclaycard £5 per month since then (i.e. nearly 4 years ago) with no complaint from PRA and/or no request to change your payments to them before now?

PRA aren't known for their patience so there must be a reason why they've tolerated this for so long.

Before doing as they ask (change the standing order) maybe send a SAR to Barclaycard in case it flags up assignment issues and/or any interaction between the pair of them which could be revealing or useful to you

Debt 1 - PRA Group

Type of account: Barclaycard Platinum Credit card

Date commenced: October 2010
    Approx balance: £25.8k
    Date last paid in full: December 2016

Current status: £5 per month by standing order since date of default
    Assigned: PRA Group in December 2017
    Account Owner: PRA Group

History:
    09/05/2019 - PRA offered to settle account for 37.5% of the outstanding debt - Filed
    22/12/2020 - CCA sent and proof of posting obtained
    08/01/2021 - Reply from PRA; returning £1 Postal Order (they don't charge) and stating they need to refer to the original lender and that collection activity will cease.
    15/01/2021 - CCA documents received from PRA Group. Scanned and sent to Niddy.

18/01/2021 - Niddy states this is unenforceable.
    Di

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    my view why make it easy for the blinders? a company asked me save as to make easier for them I stated No, they have to work for their intrusion. my thoughts only!

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    PRA have written to me to ask me to cancel the payment to Barclaycard and send it direct to them (even though Barclaycard are obviously sending the payments onwards as they are showing up on my PRA statements).

Would it do any harm to do as they ask?

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Hi Di

Nothing specific. It was, as you say, just a tease

They're going to have to try harder than that

Di

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Hi Di

Nothing specific. It was, as you say, just a tease :-)

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Letter received from Resolvecall re: Debt #2 - Filed.

Thank you for the update.

This is your NatWest credit card from 1999 where your s77-79 CCA Request sent to Cabot in December last year (2020) has not been complied with.

This means the debt is currently unenforceable even if they haven't acknowledged that in writing.

Was Resolvecall's letter specific about discount offers, or just a tease to get you to contact them?

Di

Original post history >

Debt 2 - Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd

Type of account: Natwest Credit Card

Date commenced: September 1999
    Approx balance: £11.5k
    Date last paid in full: December 2016

Current status: Not paying (was £5 per month by standing order since date of default)
    Assigned: Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd in Mar 2019
    Account Owner: Cabot (Financial) Europe Ltd

History:
    01/10/2020 - Cabot offered to settle account for 30% of the outstanding debt
    22/12/2020 - CCA sent and proof of posting obtained
    27/01/2020 - No response received
    27/03/2021 - Standing Order cancelled.
    11/05/2021 - Letter from Cabot: Would I like to 'Set up a personal payment plan?'
    14/05/2021 - Letter from Resolvecall Limited: We've been passed your details from Cabot. Would I like to settle? Discounts available.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Letter received from Resolvecall re: Debt #2 - Filed.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    Di. I hope you are well.

I certainly am

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions relating to your debt issues.

Di

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Understood. Thanks, Di. I hope you are well.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied
    a website about investigating whether lenders continued to lend when such lending was (potentially) unaffordable.

. . . is there any value in getting assessed given my debts have all been sold on i.e. would any compensation be directed to the new owner?

Hello

At the moment you've got three unenforceable debts with 'not small' outstanding balances, so I wouldn't do anything which could rock the boat.

If you're ever issued with legal proceedings you might be glad you didn't if there's something questionable in the account history which could work in your favour in court. If you remedy that now you may have lost the opportunity to use it as a weapon in your defence at a later date.

Di

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    I've had something recently pop up on my FB feed from a website (www.affordable... - not fully disclosed in case it breaks site rules) about investigating whether lenders continued to lend when such lending was (potentially) unaffordable.

Has anyone any direct experience of this sort of site? is there any value in getting assessed given my debts have all been sold on i.e. would any compensation be directed to the new owner?

Many thanks
    what you have to remember about these sites is;-
    1, how much do they charge
    2, what do you get
    3, is it something you could do yourself.

they are all out to get paid for what they do, so is it worth it. most of the time you get nothing back from them.
    plus if they have been sold on, what's the point.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    I've had something recently pop up on my FB feed from a website (www.affordable... - not fully disclosed in case it breaks site rules) about investigating whether lenders continued to lend when such lending was (potentially) unaffordable.

Has anyone any direct experience of this sort of site? is there any value in getting assessed given my debts have all been sold on i.e. would any compensation be directed to the new owner?

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Just had a lovely long chat with Di from JCS - Just wanted to check that I'm on the right track with these days given other thins going on with my life, ATM. Thank you, Di.

You're welcome - all chats with me tend to be long

You have a peculiar situation (by that I mean individual not weird!) so a one-to-one conversation can help to narrow down the issues.

As I said, at the moment you are playing poker with two debt purchasers so don't reveal your cards too soon, let them reveal theirs first.

Di

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Just had a lovely long chat with Di from JCS - Just wanted to check that I'm on the right track with these days given other thins going on with my life, ATM. Thank you, Di.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X