• Show
Clear All

• ca71
    replied
    Thanks, NW. Very informative.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied
    When a default is placed on your Credit File it remains in your file for 6 years, ( 5 Scotland)
    when that debt is sold on the new owner, MAY take over the reporting of the default, some do some don't,
    However, if they do, the default date remains the same as the original date recorded by the original owner.

So if Bog off Bargains registered a default on The 12th of Never 2309, then sold it to,
    Blood from a Stone Ltd, BSLtd would take over the reporting but The date would remain as 12/00/2309
    The debt can only be defaulted and recorded on your Credit file ONCE. It will drop off after 6 (5) years, if paid off or not.

So the owner can send you many default letters for the debt, BUT only one formal default can be placed on your Credit File, if you now stop paying they cannot place another.

One account, one debt, one default.

Anything different, let us know.

NW?

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    A quick query...

One of my defaults on my credit file is listed by the original lender whereas the other two are listed by the current lender (the one the debt was assigned to) - if I was to stop paying this one, could the current lender get a new default registered on my credit file. Apologies if I haven't phrased that particularly well.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Thanks Di & Spud.

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    Di is absolutely correct, Once this has been defaulted ( Which it has been) it cant be defaulted again so each month they would just record that you didn't make the minimum payment but a token payment has been made.

Now in simple terms - If you stop making those token payments, They will report that no payment has been made - But this is overshadowed by the Default which has already done the "Damage" to your credit report - So stopping payments wont do any more "Damage" in real terms. I would forget about your Credit score/file for now because its going to be a little bit battered for a while - It happens - But nothing is forever and it will improve and given a little bit of time there are things you can do to make it better and back to normal

However as this has been deemed Unenforceable by Niddy, And if you wish to follow the Unenforceability route, You need to stop payments to do this. Every month you make a payment is another month that you robbing yourself of being free of this debt. The sooner you start the quicker it will be gone

I know it feels wrong to stop making any payment - I think we all know that feeling at the beginning, But take it from me, Its the only way forward to start following the Unenforceability route.

You either need to be 6 years payment free ( Which believe me comes along so quickly) or they decide ( or have it pointed out to them) that they cannot persue this as its unenforceable. Believe me it can ( And has in so many cases) be done.

You are in very good hands here, believe me

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    Originally posted by ca71 View Post
    If I stop my SO will this flag on my credit file that I have a missed a payment? and potentially make my credit score go down?

According to your original post this PRA debt was defaulted in January 2017 so that Default marker will be on your credit file for six years (i.e. until 2023). After that the whole account file will vanish from sight on the CRAs.

If the file is marked as a missed payment it won't be any worse than the Default blemish already on there affecting your credit score in a negative way.

Di

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    basically which way you want to go as all records regardless are recorded" = ????

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    inevitable change of circumstances, last of your worries, then move on to to see how they react, facts recorded on file have to be true record, even with agreement to pay monthly they can take you to court as many of us found out. especially the likes of HSBC when they know you can cause trouble for them = there way of getting back at you ) (fact)

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    If I stop my SO will this flag on my credit file that I have a missed a payment? and potentially make my credit score go down?

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Thanks, Spud. That's very useful. Thanks for the encouragement. This site is a god send.

Leave a comment:

• Spud
    replied
    Hi ca71

I can see that you have updated your diary for the updated account ( Thread No2) which is absolutely spot on

If you update these initial diary entries as and when you get updates/contact/letters then we can see where you are. This will obviously not show as a new update on the diary if you are looking at the "Todays posts" list as you have edited ( Updated) an existing post, But don't worry about that for a second

We tend to keep the diary posts right at the start of your diary so we all know where they are and can find them quickly. Hence if you update them - We can find them without scrolling through 40 pages of posts ( As time goes on)

Now if its an important update - Such as letter you are concerned about or an important update from Niddy about the credit agreement etc - Then write up a short description as a new post and it will then grab the attention of anyone on here and will of course show up as a new post on the list

However the vast majority of updates to a diary are receiving a standard template letter or statement. So in this case, update your diary but we don't necessarily need know about it unless you have any concerns

Does that make sense? I think I have understood what you are asking

There isn't a specific need to post a "Bump post" unless you really want to. I know they do tend to on other forums but it doesn't happen so much here. That's not to say you shouldn't - Its just we tend to post up and refer back to the specific diary ( Say post 2 etc etc)

It is important to stress, Anything your not sure about or feel you want to ask - Ask away.

In the early years ( until you have built up some experience) its probably wise to ask before you send any letters etc as its important for you that we get this right. There is no such thing as a daft question and you will never encounter any type of judgement or belittlement on this forum - They are a great bunch of people and we have all "been there"

Your doing great

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

update your diary with this
    Hi The Tech Clerk

Can I just check my understanding on this, please?

I've already updated the diary record (by editing thread 2) - however when an edit occurs it doesn't appear to add the full thread to the list of posts updated (I click on 'Today's Posts') to see what has changed.

So I end up adding a 'bump' type message to ensure that it does appear. Am I doing this right?

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Originally posted by ca71 View Post
    Bump - Niddy states the CCA response from PRA group is UE.
    update your diary with this

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    Bump - Niddy states the CCA response from PRA group is UE.

Leave a comment:

• ca71
    replied
    CCA response from PRA. Sent to Niddy.
    Plus a covering letter from Cabot saying they are dealing with my request.
    Last edited by ca71; 15 January 2021, 12:32.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X