GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cowbopper UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowbopper UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No not at all, I just don’t see the relevance of Rogers post in relation to the OP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
      No not at all, I just don’t see the relevance of Rogers post in relation to the OP?
      Well a good starting place is sight of your Diaries
      This is for the benefit of AAD members and perhaps who knows your own benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

Well a good starting place is sight of your Diaries
        This is for the benefit of AAD members and perhaps who knows your own benefit.
        And if the need arises then you will get to see them, until then I’d thank you to quit whittling on about my unseen diaries and assist those that need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I do find it odd that people with no diaries also tend to disparage the way that AAD works.
          I do not think anyone is disparaging AAD. I am saying that some of the 'advice' given is frankly dreadful. I am 100% behind the AAD way

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post

I do not think anyone is disparaging AAD. I am saying that some of the 'advice' given is frankly dreadful. I am 100% behind the AAD way
            Great lets now see YOUR Diary

Comment

• Thrilled to have received a claim form this morning.
              My brief advice from JC previously was to wait and see. Not sure how i'm going to afford the costs of appointing them to defend this.

I find it interesting the claim is issued by Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. am i right in saying that they cant actually issue claims??
              The PoC says Cabot credit management group limited acting as servicing agent of the named claimant through its appointed representative (Cabot financial (Europe) limited).
              Last edited by cowbopper; 26 August 2023, 11:38.

Comment

• speak to JC!s colin Colin G Quinn
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowbopper View Post
                  Thrilled to have received a claim form this morning.
                  My brief advice from JC previously was to wait and see. Not sure how i'm going to afford the costs of appointing them to defend this.

I find it interesting the claim is issued by Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. am i right in saying that they cant actually issue claims??
                  The PoC says Cabot credit management group limited acting as servicing agent of the named claimant through its appointed representative (Cabot financial (Europe) limited).
                  Updated diary identifying this one would be helpful.

Comment

• 21/11/2017: HSBC confirming sale of account to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited

03/03/2019: Cabot threat of legal action
                    21/03/2019: Cabot referring to Mortimer Clarke
                    22/03/2019: Mortimer Clarke send Pre Action letter
                    29/03/2019: CCA request made
                    03/04/2019: CCA acknowledged and confirmed action ‘on hold’
                    20/05/2020: SAR sent to original creditor
                    22/03/2021: refund of charges app £350 (account mismanaged)

I presume you have the letter 03/04/2019 the presumption is it was a valid request including £1 because they acknowledged and confirm 'on hold'
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thrilled to have received a claim form this morning.

Whatever you do, make sure you go online and acknowledge the claim with the point you will defend all. This gives you a little more time. Sadly, without knowing exactly which account this is, I would not like to give any other opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                        21/11/2017: HSBC confirming sale of account to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited

I presume you have the letter 03/04/2019 the presumption is it was a valid request including £1 because they acknowledged and confirm 'on hold'
                        I do indeed still have the letter from 2019 confirming the action as on hold

Comment

• just to confirm i have updated my diary to add in this latest action. This is debt 4

Comment

just to confirm i have updated my diary to add in this latest action. This is debt 4
                            "14/06/2023: MC advice payment not made with original CCA request. Quoted dates do not match up and the fee quoted is £10, not £1"

Can you expand on this? There seems to be some confusion (on whose part?) between CCA request and SAR. CCA fee is £1, and SAR is free (used to be £10). Has it been sorted? Was payment made with CCA request?

Comment

• 4. HSBC CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT 2

Approx. 2009
                              Balance 4800
                              Date of last full payment: October 2012
                              Default: Aug 2013
                              Stopped paying DMP in June 2018
                              Account Owner: Cabot Financial UK Limited or Europe (unclear)
                              ACTIONS:
                              Await SAR

23/05/2014: Metropolitan offer accepted of payment via DMP
                              21/11/2017: HSBC confirming sale of account to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited
                              11/08/2018: Cabot your repayments are in arrears letter
                              01/09/2018: Cabot welcome letter
                              18/09/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                              04/10/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                              12/10/2018: Cabot Statement of account
                              22/10/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                              08/11/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                              06/12/2018: Cabot We've traced you to this address letter
                              07/01/2019: Cabot please contact us letter
                              16/02/2019: Cabot please contact us letter
                              24/03/2023: MC letter before claim
                              Xx/05/2023: response to MC advising original CCA request not complied with
                              14/06/2023: MC advice payment not made with original CCA request. Quoted dates do not match up and the fee quoted is £10, not £1
                              26/08/2023: Court claim paperwork received

Comment

• The Tech Clerk

Do you have proof of sending a case request along with the payment- I used to print a copy and staple the signed for receipt, proof of delivery and the counter foil for the postal order. Or if I’d sent a cheque the cheque number.

If you can not prove this you MAY want to consider sending a new CCA request along with a cpr31.14 request for anything mentioned in the particulars of claim. EDIT - I have just read back and see you have the letter acknowledging receipt and saying it is on hold so maybe ignore what I have just suggested.
                                However do not trust MC

If you are worried about affording the cost of the solicitor, this is the standard way of dealing with it yourself or so I believe. I think there is a template for that request somewhere on here.

These would then form the basis of your defence.

What do they mention on the claim form?

If they do not mention a DN then you can plead Doyle v PRA which says a DN is needed

https://swarb.co.uk/doyle-v-pra-grou...ntent=cmp-true

Comment

Working...
                                X