GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cowbopper UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowbopper UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

What happened between 03/04/19 and 20/05/20 to cause you to send a SAR at that point?
    What happened between 20/05/20 and 22/03/21 to cause them to refund you?
    SAR was sent as a collective for a number of accounts held with HSBC. never received a response to this.
    No idea what caused them to refund charges, I understand a few people received these around the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by cowbopper View Post

SAR was sent as a collective for a number of accounts held with HSBC. never received a response to this.
      No idea what caused them to refund charges, I understand a few people received these around the same time.
      As pointed out elsewhere this is a CCA 74 Account(s)
      The Bank isn't a Charity and the inference is the debt(s) has been overstated (ie default notice)
      It would be for a Claimnant to prove otherwise!
      The SAR never turned up which is a disgrace!

Comment

Have written to MC as follows

You have previously confirmed (dated XXX 2019) that the legal action on this alleged account is on hold following a request under the consumer credit act to your client. This request has not yet been complied with and remains outstanding. I trust that at present, the matter continues to be on hold until such time as obligations of your client are fulfilled.

Comment

Have written to MC as follows

You have previously confirmed (dated XXX 2019) that the legal action on this alleged account is on hold following a request under the consumer credit act to your client. This request has not yet been complied with and remains outstanding. I trust that at present, the matter continues to be on hold until such time as obligations of your client are fulfilled.
          I think that was a mistake. My advice was NOT to contact them, but at the end of the day the choice is yours. But why point out where they are in default and encourage them to get their act together?

Have you sent a new SAR to HSBC?

Comment

I agree with Still Waving, why point out what they need to correct?

Comment

I was following advice that I received previously on here when legal action lands, but I hear what your saying. I want to stave off the legal action where possible, as I cant afford the solicitor bit when it inevitably turns up.
              The advice I received previously was to CCA, followed by a SAR.
              MC sent a pre action in 2019, and I did a CCA then. This was never responded to and MC wrote to me to say the account was On Hold until Cabot responded to the CCA, which never happened.
              Rightly or Wrongly I've sent the letter, and we shall see what they play next.

Comment

I was following advice that I received previously on here when legal action lands, but I hear what your saying. I want to stave off the legal action where possible, as I cant afford the solicitor bit when it inevitably turns up.
                MC sent a pre action in 2019, and I did a CCA then. This was never responded to and MC wrote to me to say the account was On Hold until Cabot responded to the CCA, which never happened.
                Rightly or Wrongly I've sent the letter, and we shall see what they play next.
                You didn't answer my recent question - was the MC letter one with a multi-page questionnaire attached (ie the pre-action protocol letter)?

Comment

MC sent a pre action in 2019, and I did a CCA then.
                  This was before you joined AAD then?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

You didn't answer my recent question - was the MC letter one with a multi-page questionnaire attached (ie the pre-action protocol letter)?
                    Yes. The dreaded multi page questionnaire.

the advice was on here.

Comment

I had a similar situation, received the questionnaire with LBC letter, filled it in to say defend, then wrote a one sentence letter- i refer you to letter dated xxxxxx. Never heard anymore.

Comment

The reality is these people are not stupid, if you raise a legitimate defence and they can’t answer it they will not proceed. Well that’s been my experience with 10 chasers so far!!

Comment

It’s been a little while since I posted. Today I’ve received another letter before action from
                          MC. The last time they sent was in 2019, and the matter was placed on hold pending CCA and SAR which were never responded to and now their trying for round 2.

my assumption is to go through the same as before or does anyone recommend a different approach given that they never responded last time around??

history of the debt in question listed below.

thanks

4. HSBC CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT 2

Approx. 2009
                          Balance 4800
                          Date of last full payment: October 2012
                          Default: Aug 2013
                          Stopped paying DMP in June 2018
                          Account Owner: Cabot Financial UK Limited or Europe (unclear)
                          ACTIONS:
                          Await SAR

23/05/2014: Metropolitan offer accepted of payment via DMP
                          21/11/2017: HSBC confirming sale of account to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited
                          11/08/2018: Cabot your repayments are in arrears letter
                          01/09/2018: Cabot welcome letter
                          18/09/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                          04/10/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                          12/10/2018: Cabot Statement of account
                          22/10/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                          08/11/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                          06/12/2018: Cabot We've traced you to this address letter
                          07/01/2019: Cabot please contact us letter
                          16/02/2019: Cabot please contact us letter
                          03/03/2019: Cabot threat of legal action
                          21/03/2019: Cabot referring to Mortimer Clarke
                          22/03/2019: Mortimer Clarke send Pre Action letter
                          29/03/2019: CCA request made
                          03/04/2019: CCA acknowledged and confirmed action ‘on hold’
                          20/05/2020: SAR sent to original creditor
                          22/03/2021: refund of charges app £350 (account mismanaged)

No further communication
                          Had to track this down! It really is better if the Diary is in front of US. First Mortimer Clarke are part of Cabot!
                          NO NEED TO TELL CABOT ABOUT THE OUTSTANDING CCA REQUEST. The Danger is clearly admitting the debt and restarting the Statute Bar Clock! Effectively giving them another 6 years from May 2023!
                          I presume you have a copy of that SAR to HSBC? and evidence of postage? Either recorded or receipt of proof of Postage!
                          In which CASE resend copy of that SAR plus evidence by recorded delivery receipt of postage.
                          If Nothing is forcoming report HSBC to Regulator!

As for CABOT look carefully at their letters and especially Mortimer Clarke for the Cabot Financial UK Limited are NOT liscensed by FCA.
                          Just query AAD you will find many instances in other diaries of Cabot, Mortimer Clarke and Cabot Financial UK Ltd.

The NOT Licensed is a complex legal argument and frankly best left to @JLS Also they are bang up to date on Current Law especially CASE Law and even more so on Legal Tactics.

At one time with LBC AAD advised requesting a list of Documents etc..
                          BUT @JLS advised NOT to do this, if they are going to claim better to be in a strong position as you clearly were, than giving them the oppurtunity to strengthen their position.

I think you have made a mistake, understandable, but you may well have restarted the Statue Bar Clock.
                          Better NO communication and certainly NO engaging in a legal ping pong.

As for Timewilltell please give a link to your Diary entries for the benefit of AAD

Comment

Roger you will not find them as I have not had a need to present them thus far.
                            Followed simple advice and it has worked, hence why I don’t understand why the ‘old’ way doesn’t work?

Comment

The steps set out by Roger work well if you can afford the services of JCS. However the OP has said he doesn't have the funds to mount a legal challenge should he receive a claim. Therefore he has to try to avoid a claim arriving at all costs even though this might mean MC looking harder for a valid CCA agreement. Each person/debt is different and there sometimes isn't a 'one size fits all ' approach.
                              Last edited by Ballister; 7 June 2023, 09:54.

Comment

As I understand it, the whole point of the LBC is to a avoid court- now that may be a rather simplistic view and I am certain it is not intended to be generally in the public’s interest. The idea surely is to a) get more people to settle and b) to reduce court time and costs.

That being said, if you ignore a LBC you will almost certainly get a claim. If you then go on to win, could the enemy then ask for their costs based on the fact, if they had known the CCA request was dud or there was no DN or something else, they would never have gone to court.

My personal opinion is that the old way does work, especially for those with lower value claims or no funds to pay for a solicitor. With all due respect to any solicitors, they are part of the capitalist neo-liberal regime we live under. And yes I know exactly what I mean by neo liberal and maybe the tern ‘New Right’ would be more appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X