GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cowbopper UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowbopper UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right folks calling time now move on and revert to the person dilemma please, by the way a lot of cases are dealt with by back room clerical even I had to help with court marshals evidence and head of department (Chief Clerk)., was the final screener prior to passing to case handlers for onward transmission and that was in the 1960s by the way!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Response from MC:

we confirm that a CCA request was received by our client on xx/xx/2019, however, our client has confirmed that no payment was received with this. In such order for a CCA request to be valid, a payment of £10.00 is required. As such, a new letter before action is being sent.

we trust this is of assistance.

According to MC here the cost of a CCA has increased to a tenner??

there is a discrepancy in the dates they quote in this letter, saying they received a CCA request the same day as the produced the original LBA which is obviously nonsense, as the CCA was a week later.

Last edited by cowbopper; 17 June 2023, 15:11.

Comment

• I am sure that is a typo. It can be checked.

point them to this https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/78

Comment

• Originally posted by cowbopper View Post
          Response from MC:

we confirm that a CCA request was received by our client on xx/xx/2019, however, our client has confirmed that no payment was received with this. In such order for a CCA request to be valid, a payment of £10.00 is required. As such, a new letter before action is being sent.

there is a discrepancy in the dates they quote in this letter, saying they received a CCA request the same day as the produced the original LBA which is obviously nonsense, as the CCA was a week later.

CCA request is a £1.00

= £10.00 use to be for DSAR request = Now Free
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 18 June 2023, 17:11.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• send a new CCA request with £1.00 postal order get proof posting (free) keep copies of all on file send now.

Comment

• CCA Request

Comment

• Originally posted by cowbopper View Post
                Response from MC:

Sorry just a thought, did yo send the f back in 2019 and if so can you prove it or at least provide evidence it was sent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post

Sorry just a thought, did yo send the f back in 2019 and if so can you prove it or at least provide evidence it was sent?
                  Im assuming you mean the LBA questionnaire? I’m which case, no. This was never returned. Only the CCA request was made.

Comment

• you defiantly did not send £1.00 with original CCA request? as some have been known to credit account with it?

Comment

• Getting Facical
                      21/11/2017: HSBC confirming sale of account to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited

03/03/2019: Cabot threat of legal action
                      21/03/2019: Cabot referring to Mortimer Clarke
                      22/03/2019: Mortimer Clarke send Pre Action letter
                      29/03/2019: CCA request made
                      03/04/2019: CCA acknowledged and confirmed action ‘on hold’
                      20/05/2020: SAR sent to original creditor
                      22/03/2021: refund of charges app £350 (account mismanaged)

03/04/2019: CCA acknowledged and confirmed action ‘on hold’
                      I presume you have the letter 03/04/2019 the presumption is it was a valid request including £1 because they acknowledged and confirm 'on hold'

Also SILENCE for years

This is crap
                      Response from MC:
                      IF THEY ARE SO SURE WHY ARE THEY NOT PROCEEDING TO IMMEDIATELY SUE?

Chase Up HSBC for the SAR (which will include Cabots exchange over the CCA request )

The £350 account mismanagement 4 years after the sale of the DEBT casts doubts on Default Notices and the actual DEBT sold to Cabot

21/11/2017 HSBC Sale to Cabot Financial(UK) Ltd (are unauthorised )

Please PLEASE read https://all-about-debt.co.uk/member/7444-sam-audley

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...ed#post1539264
                      "..
                      Our view is that these companies, once they issue county court proceedings must show us and the courts that they have complied with the statutory requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) and the Law of Property Act 1925. If they have not then they are not legally entitled to enforce these debts. We defend all cases vigorously – our record of success in defending these claims or setting aside default judgment is near 100%.
                      .."

Comment

• Am now in touch with Colin from JCS, so will take his lead on next steps.
                        Thanks all. Definitely another farce from the DCA side of things.

Comment

• Hi cowbopper

just an observation

Do not expect your SAR to contain everything or indeed a smoking gun. These firms often leave out things because they claim they are allowed to. The ICO is pretty toothless in my opinion.

Do keep us informed as and when you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pat View Post
                            Hi cowbopper

just an observation

Do not expect your SAR to contain everything or indeed a smoking gun. These firms often leave out things because they claim they are allowed to. The ICO is pretty toothless in my opinion.

Do keep us informed as and when you can.
                            Lets start with sight of your Diaries Please!
                            So that AAD can learn first hand from your Debt experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

Lets start with sight of your Diaries Please!
                              So that AAD can learn first hand from your Debt experience.
                              it seems you have a beef with people that offer advice without a diary entry?
                              whilst a diary is a useful tool it too can be a personal tool until such time it needs to be exposed, perhaps some individuals are confident to act on the advice based upon the material they hold?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post

it seems you have a beef with people that offer advice without a diary entry?
                                whilst a diary is a useful tool it too can be a personal tool until such time it needs to be exposed, perhaps some individuals are confident to act on the advice based upon the material they hold?
                                I do find it odd that people with no diaries also tend to disparage the way that AAD works.

Comment

Working...
                                X