GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cowbopper UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowbopper UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done to all!

Comment

Cheque received from Sainsbury’s today. App £20 as “ we didn’t take into account your financial situation and should’ve managed your account differently”

Comment

Originally posted by cowbopper View Post
        Cheque received from Sainsbury’s today. App £20 as “ we didn’t take into account your financial situation and should’ve managed your account differently”

Is this Debt No 10 which has now been assigned to Intrum?

It's nice to get a letter admitting they mismanaged your account (humiliation ), but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking £20 is a derisory amount of money to compensate you for getting things wrong.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Is this Debt No 10 which has now been assigned to Intrum?

It's nice to get a letter admitting they mismanaged your account (humiliation ), but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking £20 is a derisory amount of money to compensate you for getting things wrong.

Di
          Yeah, this is the one currently with Intrum.
          From the letter, the amount is made up from a charge applied some years ago and then statutory interest on top. Seems a bit mad to me that I owed someone money that I never completely paid back and now their giving me more ?.

Comment

Had the pleasure of a visit from resolvecall today on behalf of Intrum. Other half answered, said I was in bed, he asked what it was about, resolvecall refused to say and asked for my phone number. OH politely declined. Card was put through the door for me asking to contact. Is this a situation I should be concerned over?

Comment

In short, No. Don't bother to engage with Resolvecall. Wait to see what Intrum do next.

Comment

job done hope they closed the gate on the way out their - failure. end of that attempt.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

As others have said, Its not something to be concerned over and in fact team Cowbopper handled it "like a boss"

They have been, tried, Got nowhere and left - It may deter them from coming again as it wasn't fruitful last time

If they do come again, Just ask them to leave and close the door - Job done

They tend to catch on pretty quickly normally
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Had the pleasure of a visit from resolvecall today on behalf of Intrum. Other half answered, said I was in bed, he asked what it was about, resolvecall refused to say and asked for my phone number. OH politely declined. Card was put through the door for me asking to contact. Is this a situation I should be concerned over?
                    They will be cheesed off at missing out on the commission. However i myself never got a repeat visit. Resolvecall must be very experienced at getting nowhere most of the time

Comment

It’s been a little while since I posted. Today I’ve received another letter before action from
                      MC. The last time they sent was in 2019, and the matter was placed on hold pending CCA and SAR which were never responded to and now their trying for round 2.

my assumption is to go through the same as before or does anyone recommend a different approach given that they never responded last time around??

history of the debt in question listed below.

thanks

4. HSBC CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT 2

Approx. 2009
                      Balance 4800
                      Date of last full payment: October 2012
                      Default: Aug 2013
                      Stopped paying DMP in June 2018
                      Account Owner: Cabot Financial UK Limited or Europe (unclear)
                      ACTIONS:
                      Await SAR

23/05/2014: Metropolitan offer accepted of payment via DMP
                      21/11/2017: HSBC confirming sale of account to Cabot Financial (UK) Limited
                      11/08/2018: Cabot your repayments are in arrears letter
                      01/09/2018: Cabot welcome letter
                      18/09/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                      04/10/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                      12/10/2018: Cabot Statement of account
                      22/10/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                      08/11/2018: Cabot please contact us letter
                      06/12/2018: Cabot We've traced you to this address letter
                      07/01/2019: Cabot please contact us letter
                      16/02/2019: Cabot please contact us letter
                      03/03/2019: Cabot threat of legal action
                      21/03/2019: Cabot referring to Mortimer Clarke
                      22/03/2019: Mortimer Clarke send Pre Action letter
                      29/03/2019: CCA request made
                      03/04/2019: CCA acknowledged and confirmed action ‘on hold’
                      20/05/2020: SAR sent to original creditor
                      22/03/2021: refund of charges app £350 (account mismanaged)

No further communication

Comment

Did the Sar reveal any agreement etc?
                        if not then refer them back to the 2019 request.

Comment

That’s just it, no response was ever received from the SAR or the CCA requests

Originally posted by Timewilltell View Post
                          Did the Sar reveal any agreement etc?
                          if not then refer them back to the 2019 request.

Comment

You really have two choices,
                            1) reply with I refer you to my letter dated ****** (Cca request)
                            2) ignore and see if a claim lands then refer to JCS for support.

personally I have done 1) on a number of occasions in these circumstances and have heard no more.

Comment

my assumption is to go through the same as before or does anyone recommend a different approach given that they never responded last time around??
                              Hi

I would certainly send a SAR to HSBC. Get that off ASAP (no fee to pay) but send recorded delivery. DON'T send a CCA to Cabot/MC, or respond at the moment. Wait until advised further here.

Is letter from MC the pre action protocol one with the questionnaire attached?

The refund of charges in 2021 is interesting if they have admitted in writing to mismanaging the account.
                              Last edited by Still Waving; 31 May 2023, 12:57.

Comment

29/03/2019: CCA request made
                                03/04/2019: CCA acknowledged and confirmed action ‘on hold’
                                20/05/2020: SAR sent to original creditor
                                22/03/2021: refund of charges app £350 (account mismanaged)

No further communication
                                What happened between 03/04/19 and 20/05/20 to cause you to send a SAR at that point?
                                What happened between 20/05/20 and 22/03/21 to cause them to refund you?

Comment

Working...
                                X