GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cowbopper UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowbopper UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just banked mine
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      Just banked mine
      Im trying to work out what its for?? Is it because they never responded to my SAR or because they lumped accounts together and sold them on like that. I have no idea.

Comment

No they have Been sending out to masses they have been informed bad service collections etc for a few decades I wonder if FCA etc are investigating ??? As once they do something later events are brought into open results of any investigation. ???? Many of us have had 2 cheques £25. & £50
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cowbopper View Post

The loveliest New Years Gifts today...... A County Court claim received for this account today (account 1 - Capital one with lowell). Copy sent to Di

Words fail me. How cruel and heartless of Lowell to issue a claim knowing it would probably arrive during the Christmas and New Year bank holiday period.

I've received your email and replied.

I'm reposting the debt history below to remind me of the story so far - especially the bit about Lowell admitting the DN is not available

As a bit of background, I was made redundant in 2012 and we very quickly fell into persistent arrears around 2013. Defaults were issued and we entered into a DMP in 2013 but this was cancelled by Stepchange in 2018 . . . and a massive thanks to Di for getting me started.

1. CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD

Date commenced March 2010
          Approx balance 1100
          Date last DMP payment June 2018.
          Last Full payment approx March 2013
          Default: September 2013
          Account owner: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd
          Notes: Lowell sometimes send letters which also include debt 2.
          ACTIONS:
          Send S.78 after receipt of SAR

03/03/2018: Cap 1 Statement of activity
          18/07/2018: Cap 1 We have not received your DMP payment letter
          03/09/2018: Cap 1 Statement of activity
          03/09/2018: Cap 1 Please contact us letter
          10/06/2019: Cap 1 advise of change of ownership to Lowell portfolio I ltd
          10/06/2019: Lowell welcome letter
          25/06/2019: Lowell please contact us letter
          10/07/2019: Lowell please contact us letter
          25/07/2019: Lowell Assessing your account for legal action letter
          27/08/2019: Lowell Pre Legal Assessment letter
          24/10/2019: Lowell Annual Statement
          21/11/2019: Lowell Solictors send notice of acting
          30/11/2019: Lowell Solicitors Letter of claim received
          17/12/2019: Lowell Solicitors response to letter requesting documents
          20/12/2019: Lowell Solicitors Confirm receipt of response to Pre action letter. The letter includes copies of: Notice of assignment and Notice of acting
          26/02/2020: Lowell Solicitors Account update: Advise client is continuing to compile a response
          27/03/2020: Lowell Solicitors Account update: Advise client is continuing to compile a response
          21/04/2019: Lowell Solicitors have provided: a copy of the agreement; statement from the original creditor (which they advise will arrive in parts because of size); No default notice was included, and they confirm they are unable to obtain a copy. They advise the account defaulted in September 2013
          15/05/2020 SAR sent to Capital One
          05/06/2020: SAR request denied, cap1 request 'original signature' and copy of id
          17/08/2020: SAR sent to Lowell (incidentally included as part of request for debt 2)
          24/08/2020: SAR in progress
          03/09/2020: SAR received from Lowell.
          23/10/2020: letter from Lowell advising that they are sending account to Lowell Solicitors and enclose notice of acting from same.
          03/11/2020: Text Re letter sent
          09/11/2020: Letter of claim received
          28/11/2020: Text from Cabot re:Contact
          30/12/2020: County Court Claim Recieved

Di

Comment

Receive a goodwill cheque from HSBC on Saturday. Today from Cabot, relating to the same account, a 9 days to contact us or we'll send someone round your house threatagram. Arse and Elbow come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Words fail me. How cruel and heartless of Lowell to issue a claim knowing it would probably arrive during the Christmas and New Year bank holiday period.

I've received your email and replied.

I'm reposting the debt history below to remind me of the story so far - especially the bit about Lowell admitting the DN is not available

Di
              Absolute parasites

Comment

Absolute parasites

Lowell may be parasites, but they're not very clever parasites if they issue a claim when they know the DN is "unavailable" and you have evidence of that which was sent to you in response to your SAR to them

Di

Comment

Lowell may be parasites, but they're not very clever parasites if they issue a claim when they know the DN is "unavailable" and you have evidence of that which was sent to you in response to your SAR to them

Di
                  Can their conduct be considered bullying and/or vexatious if they pursue a line of action that is bound to fail? Is there any recourse, do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post

Can their conduct be considered bullying and/or vexatious if they pursue a line of action that is bound to fail? Is there any recourse, do you think?

I doubt their conduct would be considered as bullying, but if they lost the case and their claim were to be dismissed due to the absence of evidence (required compliant documents) then they would be at risk of the DJ making an order for costs against them even in the Small Claims Track.

Di

Comment

I doubt their conduct would be considered as bullying, but if they lost the case and their claim were to be dismissed due to the absence of evidence (required compliant documents) then they would be at risk of the DJ making an order for costs against them even in the Small Claims Track.

Di
                      Well, let’s hope this is the case.

It is madness that they can make an unsubstantiated claim, on the hope that the poor defendant in a case is either clueless or hopeless.

Defence is being submitted today, so will keep my thread updated as to progress.

Comment

make an unsubstantiated claim, on the hope that the poor defendant in a case is either clueless or hopeless.

That’s exactly why they do it, sadly.

Di

Comment

Diana MayhewJoanna Connolly Great News. With no documentation in place, and no consistency in what they did have, Lowell have officially discontinued their claim. Big Thanks to everyone who’s supported, especially Di and her crew at Joanna Connolly.

Comment

Another fine day at the office!!

Comment

Lowell discontinue a few reported lately. God one for you

Comment

Diana MayhewJoanna Connolly Great News. With no documentation in place, and no consistency in what they did have, Lowell have officially discontinued their claim. Big Thanks to everyone who’s supported, especially Di and her crew at Joanna Connolly.

We're always happy to help

In this case Lowell didn't exactly help themselves when the SAR response they sent you noted that the DN was unavailable which made me smile when I read that in your Diary post.

Your New Year's Eve was spoiled because they chose to issue the claim during the Christmas Bank Holiday period - but may I wish you a belated Happy New Year now that they have made a tacit admission of defeat before even going into battle. A Discontinuance is a *WIN* in my book.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X