GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bluemonday 3 Unenforceability Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluemonday 3 Unenforceability Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluemonday3 View Post
    Hi Roger, thanks for putting up your post as this has made me see this a whole new way! Yes I have paid back a huge portion of it, so that does makes me feel better. I have checked the letters and the current creditor is Cabot Financial.
    So would you advise that I just ignore them or would you send a letter to tell them the CCA is unenforceable ?
    1/ The normal response with AAD is to have NO contact and refuse phone calls. Everything in writing.
    2/ Niddy normally suggests appropriate responses such as Missing P/T's
    3/ The Letter will be headed Cabot Financial but the CURRENT CREDITOR will be a box on the right hand side
    See Niddy's Blog
    https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...50#post1291550
    "..The exact reasons we want to keep sensitive if you don't mind..."

4/ AAD+ does have template letters for Settlement Offers including where these have been initially refused.

You will get support here with your decision

Comment

Thanks again. I will ensure any future contact is by letter only, is email advisable?
      Niddy says he would ignore them! so I may just do this!
      I will read Niddy's blog today.
      The current creditor box states Cabot financial as current creditor.

Comment

Thanks again. I will ensure any future contact is by letter only, is email advisable?
        Niddy says he would ignore them! so I may just do this!
        I will read Niddy's blog today.
        The current creditor box states Cabot financial as current creditor.
        Cabot Financial is used as a trading name not a FCA registered name.! Cabot smoke and mirrors!

For your peace of mind post summary details of any letters received (Post Mail)
        emails can easily end up in Spam folders ignore them.
        File correspondence away (including envelopes - note these with the date received)

Make a note (notebook etc..) of the date and time of sms, phone call (MOB and BT, emails. If these become a nuisance there is a harassment letter that can be sent.

Ignore means NOT replying nor communicating with Cabot.
        Enjoy walking your dog (much more important than Cabot)
        Good Luck

Comment

Thank you for your advice.
          I have checked again and Current Creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited. I have read the posts you suggested and I am correct in my understanding that Cabot uk cannot pursue this but they can ask someone else to on their behalf?
          I am quite naive and find all this a bit overwhelming but appreciate everyone's advice.
          I will ignore and keep everything I receive. I had agreed to £1 per month when badgered over the phone but I will not set this up.

Comment

I have checked again and Current Creditor is Cabot Financial UK Limited. I have read the posts you suggested and I am correct in my understanding that Cabot uk cannot pursue this but they can ask someone else to on their behalf?
            I am quite naive and find all this a bit overwhelming but appreciate everyone's advice.
            I will ignore and keep everything I receive. I had agreed to £1 per month when badgered over the phone but I will not set this up.
            Well done!
            I keep notes of this kind of information with my Debtors files!

1/ UE CCA (Niddy)
            2/ Cabot Financial UK Limited (Licensing Issue Permission End Date 28/02/2015)

From now on with CABOT silence is golden! you do not need to give reasons! SILENCE
            If you have any questions ask them AAD is non judgemental and very helpful.
            Last edited by Roger; 28 February 2018, 17:32.

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

They can try and often will but my understanding is they shouldn't

They do issue claims so you need to be aware and react to any serious letters appropriately

Sometimes no response is the best answer while other letters really do require a response

Comment

Thank you for this advice. I will seek advice on here when I receive any correspondence from them. I guess I am a tad anxious as I had agreed to token payments when I spoke with them as they caught me off guard!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

2/ Cabot Financial UK Limited (Licensing Issue Permission End Date 28/02/2015)

Hi Roger,

Could you point to where you get this information from. I have tried previously to find this information from the FCA web-site, but haven't managed to see it.

Thanks,
                    Westham1

Comment

Originally posted by Westham1 View Post
                      Hi Roger,
                      Could you point to where you get this information from. I have tried previously to find this information from the FCA web-site, but haven't managed to see it.
                      Thanks,
                      Westham1
                      Hi Westham
                      Some kind person on this site gave the link to the FCA Registry this is the Cabot search
                      https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr

Comment

My Mint account was sold to Cabot Financial (UK), and this is the name of the current creditor in the box on the right-hand side of any letters from Cabot.
                        However in the initial letter I received from Mint (RBS) they said that Cabot Financial (UK) had instructed Cabot Financial(Europe) to act on their behalf.
                        Also in the correspondence from Cabot (UK) it says to deal with Cabot (Europe) and says to send any money to Cabot (Europe).
                        In the link that Roger sent the first entry has Cabot Financial (Europe) as an authorised name for Cabot Credit Management, so maybe this gets around.the elapsed status of Cabot (UK).
                        Bluemonday3 needs to check the letter of assignment.

Comment

Hi I am not sure if I have letter of assignment as this was passed on some years ago, I think it will be somewhere in the bowels of the filing cabinet or my many carrier bags of mail!
                          I will check this.
                          My Mint account was passed to Cabot Financial Europe but is being managed by Wescot.!

Comment

Wescot are only commission agents and collect for owners, wonder why they have done that and not progressed in the other direction? i. Wetcloths as some of us call them.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance but what ‘direction ‘ do you mean please?

Comment

if they have a good case they could pass to a solicitor , just wondering why not or trying to get to pay up before they decide to move forward etc?? just my thought nothing obvious at this stagE
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X