GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting Back On Track........................Saint X - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they try - vert trying!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint X View Post
      This debt was with Mercers debt correspondence. I have a letter dated 4th November 2011 and now with Link Financial

I see you've updated all your debt posts showing everything under control (mostly filed away as potential evidence)

This one has caught my eye since you say Mercers were involved at some stage (2011?).

If you received a DN from Mercers it may be questionable since they ceased trading (dormant company) yet continued to issue/serve DNs. The company is now dissolved > https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Di

Comment

• Hi all,
        I have today received a letter from PRA Group threatening litigation if I do not respond within 14 days. Any ideas on how to respond? I am far from in panic mode, but would appreciate any thought's on how to move forward.

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

Hi all,
          I have today received a letter from PRA Group threatening litigation if I do not respond within 14 days. Any ideas on how to respond? I am far from in panic mode, but would appreciate any thought's on how to move forward.

Kind regards

Saint X
          Pm Di
          It will help if you can update the relevant Diary for this PRA Debt.
          It can be confusing having to go back through the Blogs to dig out the correct information. This will help Di.
          Was this with Aktiv before it came to PRA?

Comment

• Thanks Roger,
            Have PM Di, and waiting to hear back. Thanks for reply. Been away for a few days but back now.

Saint X

Comment

• As PRA seem to like collecting your accounts, it may be a good idea to copy the relevant account to here as this will help people to find it.

Just to say if they decide to go to court it doesn’t matter what you tell them to try and stop it, unless of course you offer money!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have PM Di, and waiting to hear back

You seem to have three debts with PRA so can you update your thread with a post (re-quote of the history) for the one which has prompted this letter from them.

Is it a formal Letter Before Claim giving you 30 days to respond with several pages of forms to complete, or simply a letter saying they may transfer your account to the Pre-Litigation team if you don't come to a payment arrangement within 14 days?

(My email alerts have stopped working so I didn't know you had sent me a PM.)

Di

Comment

• Hi Di,
                  I have two letters dated 18 and 26 October, stating possible litigation and 14 days to reply. I also have one dated 2nd November, stating the account for £8666.79, has been transferred to its investigations and litigation department, and I have 30 days to reply. I am happy to forward these letters to you, or act on any advice you can give to me. I will also update my debts as appropriate. Thanks all for your continued help and advice

Kind regard

Saint X

Comment

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND) DEBT NO 1

Debt currently £8,676,85

Creditor PRA

They somehow have the original debtor as Lloyds Bank, but definitely a Halifax card.

Almost certain I took this account pre 2007, but no paperwork to clarify.

July 24th 2017 CCA request sent.

Received an unsigned document with a letter claiming debt is currently unenforceable, but further info to come. Nothing to date!

Last payment to DMP on Monday 11th Sept

Letter received. Dated 26/07/17 in response to CCA request, placing the account on hold until further notice.

Letter received. Dated 31/08/17 with documents.Sent to Niddy. He deems them UE

Letter received. Dated 09/10/17. A catalogue of printed copy statements dated 16/05/2005-15/07/2011

Letter received dated 18th October 2018, with 14 days to reply. or risk litigation

Letter received dated 2nd November stating account has been transferred to the investigations and litigation department, with 30 days to reply

Comment

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC DEBT NO3

Creditor PRA

Current Debt £5635, 82

Last Payment Monday 11th September 2017

CCA request sent July 24th 2017

A couple of replies deeming the debt unenforceable, but no sign of any agreement

Letter received. Dated 26/07/2017 acknowledging CCA request, and placing account on hold

Letter received. Dated 16/08/2017 with documents, Deemed UE

Letter received. Dated 20/09/2017 with re-constituted agreement. Sent to Niddy, who deems it enforceable

Letter received, Dated 06/10/2017 with a reduced offer for full and final payment
                      Letter received dated 26 October threatening litigation, and 14 days to reply

Comment

I am happy to forward these letters to you, or act on any advice you can give to me. I will also update my debts as appropriate.

No need to forward anything to me, it's best to keep everything on the forum so the members can give you help and support (unless you receive a claim of course).

I'll take a look at your updated debt posts.

Di

Comment

• Thanks Di, much appreciated

Saint X

Comment

• If the letters state 14 days to reply they are threat o grams as opposed to legal documents. The letter before claim gives 30 days to reply and various tick boxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              If the letters state 14 days to reply they are threat o grams as opposed to legal documents. The letter before claim gives 30 days to reply and various tick boxes.
                              Cymrumabyth is right!

This Debt was in a DMP wasn't it? When was this Assigned to PRA? Was it originally Assigned by Lloyds to Aktiv?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                                Cymrumabyth is right!

This Debt was in a DMP wasn't it? When was this Assigned to PRA? Was it originally Assigned by Lloyds to Aktiv?
                                Hi Roger
                                I am going to dig out the correspondence I hold tomorrow. I am pretty sure that Aktiv are involved somewhere, as well as Mercers

Saint X

Comment

Working...
                                X