GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting Back On Track........................Saint X - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Yes I would - you never know when it'll come in handy.

Sometimes DMP companies pay your money to the creditor a little while after you've paid it to them (the DMP) so this could impact on a future Statute Barred date.

Ditto any offers or negotiations which they've made on your behalf which could be seen as acknowledging the debt.

When a debt is assigned the Notice of Assignment must be served on the debtor, sometimes a debt purchaser will claim that they sent it to your DMP company if you deny receiving one. If it's not in the SAR then it didn't happen.

Di
    Thank you Di.

Is it best to write to them with a postal order, or can I contact and pay through their website?

Saint X

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
      I agree with Di. Even though I had to pay, I got a copy of everything that was sent to the DMP company. It’s very useful to see how many times a debt has been sold on!
      Thank you JLC

Saint X

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171208_193156.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	1505168 I have received this today from my DMP
        Any suggestion's please?
        I have also decided to send an SAR request to my DMP
        K ind regards

Saint X
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Saint X View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20171208_193156.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	1505168 I have received this today from my DMP
          Golly, according to that letter if you carry on paying them (DMP) at the same rate as you have been, then all your debts will be clear on 12th May 2089.

That's another 72 years!

Di

Comment

Hi
            I see from post #76 you said that you hadn't made a payment for 9 weeks, so as of today you are approx 12 weeks into your SB period.

I would immediately advise the DMP provider (as I think you were planning to do) that you are now managing your own accounts and you do not wish them to renew the Offer. If you don't, they will renew the current Repayment Offer with the creditors (as per their letter), thus acknowledging the debts anew and resetting the SB clock to Zero!

I know it's very early days, but if you get towards the end of the SB period, then 12 weeks can be very important.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Golly, according to that letter if you carry on paying them (DMP) at the same rate as you have been, then all your debts will be clear on 12th May 2089.

That's another 72 years!

Di
              I had reduced my payments Di.
              Now paying zero, so could be even longer

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                Hi
                I see from post #76 you said that you hadn't made a payment for 9 weeks, so as of today you are approx 12 weeks into your SB period.

I would immediately advise the DMP provider (as I think you were planning to do) that you are now managing your own accounts and you do not wish them to renew the Offer. If you don't, they will renew the current Repayment Offer with the creditors (as per their letter), thus acknowledging the debts anew and resetting the SB clock to Zero!

I know it's very early days, but if you get towards the end of the SB period, then 12 weeks can be very important.
                I will email them now SW.
                Good advice.
                Feels like things are warming up!!
                Thank you

Comment

I have just emailed my DMP, advising that I am taking control of my accounts.
                  I have also got the SAR request ready for recorded delivery in the morning

Saint X

Comment

Everything starts to feels so much better when it is you that is back in Control and you have a plan to move forward........Doing great
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your support and advice
                      It really is appreciated!
                      The SAR request has been sent recorded
                      I also enclosed notice that I am dealing with these accounts myself, and to no longer send correspondence to creditors with immediate effect!
                      Thanks again, and have a great weekend

Saint X

Comment

• Hi all,

Am I alone in thinking that DMP companies are in collaboration with the debt collection agencies?

Saint X

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint X View Post
                          Hi all,

Am I alone in thinking that DMP companies are in collaboration with the debt collection agencies?

Saint X
                          As I understand it the free ones are funded by creditors, including Banks and Loan Companies. Payplan certainly 'helped' me to get a CCJ. After a Claim was issued they said they could only help me if I wanted to admit the debt. They were then extremely helpful in drafting a AoS fully admitting liability.

This was before I discovered AAD, unfortunately. I jettisoned Payplan shortly after finding this site. The best move I could have made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

As I understand it the free ones are funded by creditors, including Banks and Loan Companies. Payplan certainly 'helped' me to get a CCJ. After a Claim was issued they said they could only help me if I wanted to admit the debt. They were then extremely helpful in drafting a AoS fully admitting liability.

This was before I discovered AAD, unfortunately. I jettisoned Payplan shortly after finding this site. The best move I could have made.
                            Lets hope its the best move ever for me SW.
                            PayPlan were very offish when I said I was sending CCA to creditors

Comment

• I have received today a letter dated 12th December from PayPlan, confirming they are processing my SAR request

Saint X

Comment

• Things are moving now.
                                I no longer have access to my PayPlan account.
                                I suspect the phone calls will start soon!!

Saint X

Comment

Working...
                                X