GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting Back On Track........................Saint X - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas,
    have a fantastic day xx

Saint X

Comment

• Good morning everyone. Yesterday I had several calls from an unknown number and presume it was one my debtors. The last one was at 10 pm!! I never answered any of them. I will have to at some stage, but am looking for any advice on what to say, and not to say. I would greatly appreciate your support.
      Kind regards
      Saint X

Comment

• Hi

Have you tried checking the phone number on sites such as Whocallsme, to try to establish who is calling?

If you answer the phone and it does turn out to be a creditor, don't answer any security questions, and say nothing more than that for any alleged debt all contact must be in writing only and that phone calls should cease.

Keep a log of dates and times of these phone calls, which will be useful if you should need to need to make a formal complaint of telephone harassment against them at some point.

Above all say nothing which can be construed as acknowledging a debt!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
          Hi

Have you tried checking the phone number on sites such as Whocallsme, to try to establish who is calling?

If you answer the phone and it does turn out to be a creditor, don't answer any security questions, and say nothing more than that for any alleged debt all contact must be in writing only and that phone calls should cease.

Keep a log of dates and times of these phone calls, which will be useful if you should need to need to make a formal complaint of telephone harassment against them at some point.

Above all say nothing which can be construed as acknowledging a debt!!
          Thanks Still Waving
          I have had over ten in two days!!
          I will log the times as advised.
          I am not aware of Whocallsme, but the number does not show, and comes up as number unavailable.
          I smelt a rat first time and never answered. but will have to confront eventually.
          I will have your advice in front of me when I do answer.
          Its very much appreciated

Saint X

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint X View Post
            Thanks Still Waving
            I have had over ten in two days!!
            I will log the times as advised.
            I am not aware of Whocallsme, but the number does not show, and comes up as number unavailable.
            I smelt a rat first time and never answered. but will have to confront eventually.
            I will have your advice in front of me when I do answer.
            Its very much appreciated
            Saint X
            BT Call Protect is free and BT know the unknown number even if you can't see it BT will know and can still Blacklist that Number!
            Best if answering the phone to quote your phone number and wait for a answer. Ask also for the Callers Name as well as the Company! In other words pro actively reverse the roles! Even ask their date of birth, name of their supervisor. Because a list of names, times, supervisors will look nice attached to the harassment letter!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

BT Call Protect is free and BT know the unknown number even if you can't see it BT will know and can still Blacklist that Number!
              Best if answering the phone to quote your phone number and wait for a answer. Ask also for the Callers Name as well as the Company! In other words pro actively reverse the roles! Even ask their date of birth, name of their supervisor. Because a list of names, times, supervisors will look nice attached to the harassment letter!!
              Thanks Roger
              I have just ordered a new phone which can deal with unwanted calls.
              I have noted your advice, and am ready for them now!
              Saint X

Comment

Thanks Roger
                I have just ordered a new phone which can deal with unwanted calls.
                I have noted your advice, and am ready for them now!
                Saint X
                I have a couple of Blocked Calls Number WITHHELD
                BT Note: You can blacklist this number because it is only hidden from you, not from us
                Its obvious who this is.
                Here's a little tip
                You can Put Blocked Numbers on BT Call Protect yourself!
                So look for phone numbers Correspondence or the internet and put these on your blocked list!
                Last edited by Roger; 19 January 2018, 19:41.

Comment

• I have today received my SARS package from PayPlan
                  I have never seen so much paperwork, and have no idea how to deal with it!!
                  I am going away for six weeks on Wednesday, so will have to plough through it when I return.
                  Any help on how and what to do would be most appreciated.

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

• Get some postit notes to mark pages. Note any agreements, defaults, last payments and anything that seems wrong or that you think should be queried. Good luck!
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                      Get some postit notes to mark pages. Note any agreements, defaults, last payments and anything that seems wrong or that you think should be queried. Good luck!
                      Thanks very much for your reply

Comment

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND) DEBT NO 1

Debt currently £8,676,85

Creditor PRA

They somehow have the original debtor as Lloyds Bank, but definitely a Halifax card.

Almost certain I took this account pre 2007, but no paperwork to clarify.

July 24th 2017 CCA request sent.

Received an unsigned document with a letter claiming debt is currently unenforceable, but further info to come. Nothing to date!

Last payment to DMP on Monday 11th Sept

Letter received. Dated 26/07/17 in response to CCA request, placing the account on hold until further notice.

Letter received. Dated 31/08/17 with documents.Sent to Niddy. He deems them UE

Letter received. Dated 09/10/17. A catalogue of printed copy statements dated 16/05/2005-15/07/2011
                        Letter received with an account summary and Balance of £8666.79 and a repayment offer for £7800.11 ( how generous}
                        Dated 8 February 2018. Filed for future reference

Comment

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC DEBT NO 2

Creditor PRA

Current debt £6957,05

Last payment Monday 11th September to DMP

CCA request sent July 24th 2017.

A couple of replies deeming the debt unenforceable, but thus far, no sign of any agreement!

Almost certain Post 2007

Letter received. Dated 26/07/2017 stating receipt of CCA request, and placing account on hold.

Letter received. Dated 16/08/2017 with enclosed documents, not enforceable.

Letter received 20/09/2017 with re-constituted agreement. Sent to Niddy who deems enforceable.

Letter received. Dated 06/10/2017 with a reduced offer for full and final payment

Two letters received dated 8 February. One stating I am behind with payments and to contact them re account. Second one showing balance as £6929.38, with a settlement offer of £6235.54, again very generous. Both filed and no contact made from myself

Comment

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC DEBT NO3

Creditor PRA

Current Debt £5635, 82

Last Payment Monday 11th September 2017

CCA request sent July 24th 2017

A couple of replies deeming the debt unenforceable, but no sign of any agreement

Letter received. Dated 26/07/2017 acknowledging CCA request, and placing account on hold

Letter received. Dated 16/08/2017 with documents, Deemed UE

Letter received. Dated 20/09/2017 with re-constituted agreement. Sent to Niddy, who deems it enforceable

Letter received, Dated 06/10/2017 with a reduced offer for full and final payment
                            Two letters received dated 8 February 2018. First stating I am behind with my payments and to contact. Second one with a balance of £5629.28, again with a generous discounted offer of £5066. 35. Letters filed and again no contact made

Comment

LLOYDS BANK PLC DEBT NO 5

Creditor NCO EUROPE LTD (CABOT)

Current debt £693, 89 (Credit Card)

Last payment Monday 11th of September 2017 DMP

CCA request sent July 24th 2017 DMP

Letter received and signed for. No reply to date
                              Two letters received re this account. First one dated 31st January 2018 stating a closing balance of £629.39. Interestingly it give a start date of 20 Nov 2006, which I presume makes it UE?
                              Second one dated12 February 2018 stating my account has a new home, and has been returned to Cabot having previously been with NCO Cabot Europe Ltd. Both letters have been filed and no contact made

Comment

• Hi everyone. I have spent some time in New Zealand, hence the reason I am behind with everything.. I have posted re letters received, and would add that PRA have phoned me on 31st March 2018 at 11.10 am and also on Easter Monday (Have they no shame) 2nd April 2018 at 10.15 am, leaving answer phone messages.. I have not replied to any of the letters, or phone calls. I wonder what my next moves are? Should I just sit tight or send a telephone harassment letter? any help would as always be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

Working...
                                X