GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting Back On Track........................Saint X - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back On Track........................Saint X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saint X View Post
    That is all my debts. I hope I have posted correctly. I did phone PRA group with an offer of £4,000 for settlement, but this was declined.
    I also phoned NCO Europe and offered £250 for settlement, but again this was declined.
    I now know that phoning these companies is a complete no, no and any future correspondence will be by letter only
    Yes its not something you should do, so good you recognise this now. Also, even if corresponding by letter send NOTHING until you post here to make sure theres no intended consequences of entering into correspondence (such as inadvertently acknowledging a debt, or saying something that may trigger a claim).

As an example above - if you can offer £4k to settle a debt then you've effectively told the creditor or DCA that you have access to not an insubstantial amount of money - this could be like a red rag to a bull and encourage them to come after you for more. You want them to understand that you have NOTHING and they have no hope of seeing anything for years. Each decision they make is a commercial decision, so you have to think of things that way too.

I would like to know what my next steps are, or is it a case of sitting tight.
    Yup absolutely. I know that the temptation is, after all the stress and hassle, that you just want everything to go away, and for it to go away quickly. But this is a long haul game that you play over 6 years + approx 6 months (just to be sure!). You're on step 1 and there will be a few ups and downs on the way, but the important thing is you've taken that first step.

The most important thing to remember now is that although this is very personal to you, its not personal at all to your creditors. As I mentioned that will be making commercial decisions based on numbers. So patience is key, try not to let things get on top of you, and remember with each letter you receive, unless its a statutory demand, you have at the least a few days before even considering responding (if at all), so lots of time to get some help.

Good luck!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC

Creditor PRA

Current debt £6957,05

Last payment Monday 11th September to DMP

CCA request sent July 24th 2017.

A couple of replies deeming the debt unenforceable, but thus far, no sign of any agreement!

Almost certain Post 2007

Was this debt originally a credit card, loan or current account overdraft?

And when (what year) was it assigned to PRA?

Di

Comment

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND)

Debt currently £8,676,85

Creditor PRA

They somehow have the original debtor as Lloyds Bank, but definitely a Halifax card.

Almost certain I took this account pre 2007, but no paperwork to clarify.

July 24th 2017 CCA request sent.

Received an unsigned document with a letter claiming debt is currently unenforceable, but further info to come. Nothing to date!

Last payment to DMP on Monday 11th Sept
        When (what year) was this debt assigned to PRA and might it have been assigned to any other debt purchaser before then (i.e. two assignments in the chain)?

Di

Comment

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC

Creditor PRA

Current debt £6957,05

Last payment Monday 11th September to DMP

CCA request sent July 24th 2017.

A couple of replies deeming the debt unenforceable, but thus far, no sign of any agreement!

Almost certain Post 2007

Can you clarify this please? Where have these replies come from?

Comment

LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC

Creditor PRA

Current Debt £5635, 82

Last Payment Monday 11th September 2017

CCA request sent July 24th 2017

A couple of replies deeming the debt unenforceable, but no sign of any agreement

Same question for this one

What was the original product - a credit card, loan or current account overdraft?

Di

Comment

BARCLYCARD

Creditor Link Financial

Current debt £2,610,63

Last Payment Monday 11th September 2017 DMP
              When (what year) did you open this Barclaycard account?

And was it always a Barclaycard or could it have started life as Egg, Goldfish, Marbles, Monument, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter etc?

Di
              Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 14 September 2017, 13:38. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Since the CCA Request was sent to PRA I suppose it was PRA who replied.

Di

Comment

That is all my debts. I hope I have posted correctly. I did phone PRA group with an offer of £4,000 for settlement, but this was declined.
                  I also phoned NCO Europe and offered £250 for settlement, but again this was declined.
                  Thank you for listing those debts. If you can add the couple of extra bits of information which I've asked for that would help everyone.

Each time there's an event (letter received etc) quote your original post and add the update. You can always ask one of the Mods for help if you get stuck.

As events unfold you may find that the debt purchasers who declined your offers will wish they hadn't

Di

Comment

Hi all. I have just finished work and am off to London for the weekend to help my daughter start with University, so unable to get any replies for you until I return. Thanks so much everyone.
                    Kind regards
                    Saint X

Comment

am off to London for the weekend to help my daughter start with University

These are the things that matter in life.

Enjoy your weekend!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Was this debt originally a credit card, loan or current account overdraft?

And when (what year) was it assigned to PRA?

Di
                        Hi Di,
                        This was a loan with Lloysds.

It was first transferred in 2010 and again in 2011 within Lloyds

Transferred to PRA 10/07/2013

Comment

When (what year) was this debt assigned to PRA and might it have been assigned to any other debt purchaser before then (i.e. two assignments in the chain)?

Di
                          Hi Di

The Halifax debt was assigned to PRA on 11/07/2013

Original date transferred 26/07/2010

It is possible there were two assignments in the chain, but could not say with any certainty

I am afraid I never kept any paperwork, as never thought of anything other than paying.

Will keep everything from now on.

All replies about the debts being UE have come from PRA

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

This is another loan Di

Original transfer 26/07/2010

To PRA 10/07/2013

All replies from PRA

Kind regards

Saint X

Comment

When (what year) did you open this Barclaycard account?

And was it always a Barclaycard or could it have started life as Egg, Goldfish, Marbles, Monument, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter etc?

Di
                              I am not certain of opening date Di

Sorry to be so vague.

I am almost certain it was pre 2007, and it is possible it started life as another card

I do remember having an Egg card

Date transferred 26/07/2010.

To Link Financial 10/04/2012

Link Financial again on 07/05.2013

Comment

Since the CCA Request was sent to PRA I suppose it was PRA who replied.

Di
                                All replies I have had, have come from PRA

They all state UE, but more info to follow

Nothing as yet. 56 days and counting

Saint X

Comment

Working...
                                X