GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Di,

Sorry I did not see the notification you replied to me. No I was fairly savvy before things got too much so no PPI unfortunately. Oh and dont worry my hearts fairly strong . Am about a few months to get to year one since I made my last payment. Most have defaulted now. Had the first one move to a debt firm. Wescot normal drill block number and will look to send them the cca very soon. I keep at it unless any send me a CCJ form that about my thresh-hold.

Comment

Its been a fairly quiet really. about 4 lenders big amount on one. Letters calls block bin. File CCA to any new debt collectors and hold my stance. Assumption being there tire and pass the book. Same process again. If one CCJ go bankrupt. So riding the wave.

Comment

I wouldn't rush to send CCA letters to DCA's - particularly Westcot, who are pretty useless - I would spin the time out by ignoring and simply filing their letters for the time being.

EDIT: I now see that you have already sent CCA requests within the last several months, and received documentation. That being the case it would be best to put off sending further requests for as long as possible, as at this time they will likely be able to obtain the documents again.
        Last edited by Still Waving; 21 May 2018, 10:35.

Comment

Thanks will do

Comment

• Type of account (credit card/loan): Credit Card
            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 21/04/2011
            • Approx balance:£3500
            • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) July 2017
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not Paying
            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Up-to-Date
            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)Lender
            • 11/08/2017 DD cancelled, letter sent:My circumstances have changed considerably, resulting in I cannot now afford the agreed monthly payments due to debts spiralling out of control my outgoing are now far higher than my income.I have been speaking to Step Change at length regarding my situation reference number xxxx and I intend to enter into a DMP in December 2017. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, I'd be grateful if you would freeze these so that the debt does not increase. If the interest can freeze it would certainly help these very stressful times.Should my circumstances improve, I will contact you immediately. Expect to hear from Step Change in November regarding the December DMP. If you could please address any communications going forward in letter format ONLY. As this is affecting me emotionally with the stress of debt and challenging times ahead.Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
              17/08/2017 CCA sent recorded delivery(forum copy)
              18/08/2017 Letter received dated 14 Aug 17. Interest frozen for 30 days. Required not to contact you for 30 days. Contact us within 30 days to review case.
              01/09/2017 CCA received emailed niddy see how we stand
              11/09/2017 niddy responded cca enforceable debt too new

SUMMARY CCA received passed to niddy to see. Niddy advised debt to new so enforceable
              Last edited by Meepatme; 18th September 2017, 13:51.

################################################## ##############################

Well since my last post its just been letters mostly. I took my voicemail off my phone and would block any said numbers. This stopped any automated messages.

But yesterday a county court notice was received. As the debt is enforceable threes does not seem any point fighting. Will write up the bankruptcy form for the end of this month after I get paid and clear some of it out ready for the expected.

R

Comment

Is this your Barclaycard?

Who is named as the Claimant (i.e. current debt owner) on the claim form if it has been assigned/sold?

Di

Comment

before you do speak to Diana Mayhew there is more to this situation ??
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Claimant Host Finance UK Holdings 1 Limited
                  Address for sending document
                  Howard Cohen and CO

Comment

the usal letters come from Robinson Way

Comment

Originally posted by Meepatme View Post
                      Claimant Host Finance UK Holdings 1 Limited
                      Address for sending document
                      Howard Cohen and CO

Good, because Hoist Finance UK Holdings 1 Ltd do not have FCA authorisation to issue claims.

Jo explains it here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                      Both of these companies are not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender. They rely on the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption.

Their cases, or their predecessors Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited and Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited, rarely reach trial in cases we are involved with. They have not been successful at trial with us.

We look forward to using the same legal arguments in the future against Hoist which we used against Idem Capital Securities Limited in the recent successful FCA authorisation Appeal where the Circuit Judge found that the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption did not allow the unauthorised debt purchaser to issue proceedings in the county court.

The Hoist companies also have issues with their assignment process and documentation.

If you are currently defending a claim with either of the Hoist companies, whether stayed or ongoing, or they have obtained a Default Judgment against you and you have any query please post any queries on this thread..

If you'd like me to look at the situation you can email the first page of the Claim Form (don't blank anything out) using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

I wouldn't be too hasty to go bankrupt until you establish your legal position first.

Di

Link to Hoist thread > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...ings-2-limited

Comment

ooo maybe some hope left yet then. Thanks Di email just sent

Comment

ooo maybe some hope left yet then. Thanks Di email just sent

There's nearly always hope

It's important to explore all potential legal arguments, not just focus on the credit agreement.

Did you send your s77-79 CCA Request to Barclaycard or Hoist in 2017?

Can you clarify if you were in a DMP with StepChange, and if so between what dates approximately? I'm trying to establish whether you were in a DMP when the account was terminated and assigned to Hoist.

(I've received your email.)

Di

Comment

Sent everything over on the email. No never been on a DMP, after I got to a point where enough was enough i just pretty much went dark on them except the round of CCA's

Comment

Well Di's firm got the firm to discontinue after they put in my defense cant say more then that really. Dont have to take them on alone

Comment

Well Di's firm got the firm to discontinue after they put in my defense cant say more then that really. Dont have to take them on alone

We were happy to be able to help, especially since you were seriously contemplating bankruptcy when you were told your credit agreement was enforceable because it was "too new" (2011).

Despite this you won

01/09/2017 CCA received emailed niddy see how we stand
                                11/09/2017 niddy responded cca enforceable debt too new

SUMMARY CCA received passed to niddy to see. Niddy advised debt to new so enforceable
                                Last edited by Meepatme; 18th September 2017, 13:51.

But yesterday a county court notice was received. As the debt is enforceable threes does not seem any point fighting. Will write up the bankruptcy form for the end of this month after I get paid and clear some of it out ready for the expected.
                                Well Done You

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X