GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    the point to remember is that while there is a CCA74 request outstanding the creditor is not allowed to take enforcement action
    Almost right

There's nothing to stop a creditor issuing a court claim while a s 77-79 CCA Request is outstanding.

Whether they'll be able to enforce the debt in court is another matter.

Some do it knowing full well that they haven't got the documents they need at that point but decide to park the claim at court to beat the Statute Barred clock or hope to find what they need or reconstitute it in time for the final stage of the legal proceedings.

There's a new thread on the forum today where the member's claim has been stayed since February 2016 and now the Claimant's solicitors have produced what they believe to be a credit agreement.

Di
    Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 20 August 2017, 19:31. Reason: typo :)

Comment

Thanks guys for the lovely comments and yes promise to keep the diary upto date however it all concludes. Just been checking to see status on CCA as i took the advice for recorded seems rather pants tbh. 2 signed for yay, 3 on way or redirecting. Mr post mans being bit slow

Comment

Originally posted by Meepatme View Post
        Thanks guys for the lovely comments and yes promise to keep the diary upto date however it all concludes. Just been checking to see status on CCA as i took the advice for recorded seems rather pants tbh. 2 signed for yay, 3 on way or redirecting. Mr post mans being bit slow
        "..however it all concludes.."
        We have ALL been where you are now. That feeling of low esteem wanting it to all go away!
        But now you are taking control of your debts and by sending the CCA request placing yourself within the Consumer Law.
        Make certain you file everything away (including the envelopes!) good habits AND audit trail (that's your diary) is the key here.
        Congratulations and welcome because YOU are taking control NOW!

Comment

First official looking letter ek. Shame there my biggest worry of the lenders being a big balance and there on the ball
          Attached Files

Comment

Next CCA response in from Salisbury they are really efficient it seems. What they sent enclosed. I assume guys with no agreement yet and the time line on the cca still ticking just wait for now??
            Attached Files

Comment

Checked CCA recorded delivery reports all but one landed. Barclays still on there way,,,,

Comment

Best to send the CCA to Niddy to check. Don't blank anything out. He will then check it and advise on your next move. Not sure if he's on holiday at the moment though.

Comment

There is nothing yet to send to Niddy.

They are a bit back to front with their reply. First they need to send you the appropriate document in response to your CCA request, then they can think about threatening you with enforcement action. Seems like a letter cobbled together from others, as you go from first person to third person, then back to first person again.

Just hang fire.

Edit: The list of payments means nothing.

Comment

Yeah the agreements missing and still week for the cca hang fire i guess, they pretty snappy with responses compared to the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Meepatme View Post
                      Yeah the agreements missing and still week for the cca hang fire i guess, they pretty snappy with responses compared to the rest
                      You need to forget about any timeline for the CCA (yours or theirs), they will either produce an agreement or they will be late. If they are late it doesn't matter, they will be in default and you do not chase them for it.

Comment

Yes hard to adjust to when by nature you usual try run everything promptly will adjust

Comment

30/08 Agreement received from Sainsburys so that agreement and Statement in response to my CCA will upload for comment.

Comment

Added the cca for sainsburys in upload area for review thanks guys

Comment

Might be better to emailing directly to Niddy.

Comment

OK thanks for the tip done that also

Comment

Working...
                                X