GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and added letter from MBNA restriction letter on account etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

when you update, its helpful to quote the record you've updated. Not important at the moment, but it save having to dredge through lots of pages to find the post you've updated. (It took me a while to do this).

Did you use the template letter that's available?
      But am pending the the first 5 posts that are lender specific so it be all on there by date so my thread details should be covered in first top 6 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Meepatme View Post
        Right onwards and upwards brought new folder and file separators for all comms (feels like being back at school). Use forum template for CCA to all, filed a copy, took photos of postal orders and sent recorded delivery. Scanned receipts into folder.
        Well done excellent!
        The Templates don't acknowledge the debt!

Comment

Yes sir ready for a fight as iv paid the banks lots and lots while getting into pickles for many years. I can file a letter and ignore a call pretty well no worries there. I hold pretty strong till a CCJ request paper work was to show up one day. Ah well onward till then. Be week or two before the CCA response back so ignore there call us letters.

Comment

Be week or two before the CCA response back so ignore there call us letters.
            Could be longer than that, but just sit tight and don't chase them up.

Comment

Well i guess you would chase them if you hear nothing, incase they say didnt get it but 12+2 for them at least i guess so 2 weeks to wait at least

Comment

Congratulations on finally deciding to fight back. Many of our members have been through incredible stress, sleepless nights, harassment by constant phone calls, letters threatening hell and high water. With the help of Niddy, and other members of this forum, I believe that I have managed to get through all of this. Many years but nearly got there, all but one is now statute barred. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Sit tight, ask for advice, and you will get through it. Good luck!

Comment

Well i guess you would chase them if you hear nothing, incase they say didnt get it but 12+2 for them at least i guess so 2 weeks to wait at least
                  No - you don't!

You say you sent by recorded delivery so you can check on the Post Office website to see when they were delivered. It is quite usual for it to take longer than 14 days for them to produce anything, but the point to remember is that while there is a CCA74 request outstanding the creditor is not allowed to take enforcement action. Do not chase them for the information!

Comment

Right understood thanks. Well the 12+2 would be around Monday the 4th of September ish. Will keep quiet till that hoping someone will write and say there stopping the interest and fee's few months to get to that stage i guess. I check on the recorded delivery's on Monday see if they were delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                      Congratulations on finally deciding to fight back. Many of our members have been through incredible stress, sleepless nights, harassment by constant phone calls, letters threatening hell and high water. With the help of Niddy, and other members of this forum, I believe that I have managed to get through all of this. Many years but nearly got there, all but one is now statute barred. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Sit tight, ask for advice, and you will get through it. Good luck!
                      Thanks for the kind words! Am actually fairly relaxed atm nice to see the banks has a bit of money in it, granted it should be other peoples

Comment

. I check on the recorded delivery's on Monday see if they were delivered.
                        You might need to check more than once, as the post office are sometimes a bit slow to update the delivery status.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about reminding them. As long as the request is outstanding, its unenforceable. I recently had a letter from Cabot telling me that it could take 40 days to get the information requested. As I have already had the CCA's once and know they don't have the relevant information, I'm not worried about them! I'm not going to contact Cabot to remind them!

Comment

Haha yes am starting to get into this i think. I check just to make sure the cca letters arrived somewhere and go silent I guess for while. Worries me a little till these guys stop interest and the likes but from the diaries iv been reading this usually happens once they default and moved on so i have to grin and bear it i guess.

Update added to barclays log

18/08/2017 Letter recived dated 14 Aug 17. Interest frozen for 30 days. Required not to contact you for 30 days. Contact us within 30 days to review case.

SUMMARY nothing heard back from these no calls or letters, CCA SENT (forum copy). Letter recived contact us blah blah. Staying silent as CCA request has been issued.

Comment

Very good luck on your journey and welcome xx
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

keep your diary up to date, good luck on your journey
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X