GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meepatme Diary - Start of the long path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly first CCA received from Sainsburysis enforceable. Assume now i wait it out with no payments let them escalate me and default some.

Comment

Originally posted by Meepatme View Post
      Sadly first CCA received from Sainsburysis enforceable. Assume now i wait it out with no payments let them escalate me and default some.
      Early days yet and its a waiting game just keep the Diary up to date and if you receive any letters post a suitable entry on here. Yours isn't the first and it won't be the last to start of Enforceable.
      If you can try and build up a cash buffer. You are taking control of these debts and not reacting to them!

Comment

Good luck to you, it's stressful but if anyone can help you, these guys can.

Comment

Thanks got some more to upload both cc companies will upload those over weekend lots lots pages. What you guys done with enforcable ones just hold out till they either go for court action or pass the debts around in circles?

Comment

Thanks got some more to upload both cc companies will upload those over weekend lots lots pages. What you guys done with enforcable ones just hold out till they either go for court action or pass the debts around in circles?

Comment

Even with ones which are enforceable, if you can string it out for long enough they are likely to become more amenable to negotiating repayment or settlement offers which are more manageable to you.

Comment

Yeah getting it some now string it out till they start kicking court orders around. Just had two CCA one from MBNA one from Barclays:
                Barclay card was open
                21/04/2011Account start date 21/04/2011

MBNA card was open
                Account start date 10/11/2006

Hopefuly MBNA one will be missing something that my only one pre dating 2006. Emailed both too niddy to see what the score is

Comment

Also spoken to StepChange re a DMP due to start December as I read you should squirrel away for bad months.
                  Hi Meepatme - great to see you starting your UE journey - congratulations!

Hopefully you'll start getting some results, but even the ones that aren't UE, don't give up hope as you can still bluff, come to arrangement if necessary, or theres possibly other legal arguments you can use depending on circumstances.

Onto Stepchange - whats the deal with this now? Are you still entering into a DMP in December? If so, do you mind giving the details of the plan they propose signing you up to?

SnV

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya Salt, not sure yet tbh. Will see what niddy thinks of the last two CCA i sent over. Just one lender left then who has a loan and overdraft with, They been quiet so far, phoning me but will now be out of date for the CCA request hsbc. More favoring holding out for defaults then surfing the debt collectors for possible FF or going for status bar. Will see how i feel in December I guess if am upto the fight, or if anyone pushed for court action. id have to come to agreements

Comment

Hiya Salt, not sure yet tbh. Will see what niddy thinks of the last two CCA i sent over. Just one lender left then who has a loan and overdraft with, They been quiet so far, phoning me but will now be out of date for the CCA request hsbc. More favoring holding out for defaults then surfing the debt collectors for possible FF or going for status bar. Will see how i feel in December I guess if am upto the fight, or if anyone pushed for court action. id have to come to agreements
                      Well before you go signing yourself up for a DMP come back here and let us know what the terms are. IMO DMP's are only useful for a very small number of situations where people are in debt, and have seen some horror stories of Stepchange keeping people in a debt cycle for years, only to find that when the DMP ended they still owed money as some creditors did not freeze interest and charges.......

All depends on individual circumstances, but I would think long and hard entering into an arrangement when there are other options.
                      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think the DMP is looking off the cards unless am forced to court, one my lenders been on the ball and is enforceable for 27 odd k that the one am worried about. Am not paying anything to any of the lenders since August so early days. I intend not to for long as I can. Depends how the primary lenders play i guess if they default and roll to debt collectors i be more inclined to fight till status bar or FF.

Comment

The one I did original with a little bloated Income and Expenditure was about 600 a month and reconded paid off in 6.5 years

Comment

Annual Personal Loan statement from Sainsburys received today. Debts enforceable will file and await next letters.

Comment

HSBC OVERDRAFT
                              • Type of account (credit card/loan): Overdraft
                              • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) Account Started 02/09/1997
                              • Approx balance:£5500
                              • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) July 2017
                              • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not Paying
                              • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Up-to-Date
                              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)Lender
                              11/08/2017 DD cancelled letter sent:My circumstances have changed considerably, resulting in I cannot now afford the agreed monthly payments due to debts spiralling out of control my outgoing are now far higher than my income.I have been speaking to Step Change at length regarding my situation reference number xxxx and I intend to enter into a DMP in December 2017. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, I'd be grateful if you would freeze these so that the debt does not increase. If the interest can freeze it would certainly help these very stressful times.Should my circumstances improve, I will contact you immediately. Expect to hear from Step Change in November regarding the December DMP. If you could please address any communications going forward in letter format ONLY. As this is affecting me emotionally with the stress of debt and challenging times ahead.Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
                              15/08/2017 Phone call from HSBC Financial Management team on mobile did not answer.
                              17/08/2017 CCA sent recorded delivery (overdraft copy one)
                              18/09/2017 letter revived stating in breach of over-draft and £5 a day fee capped at £80 per month. No mention of CCA request

SUMMARY one phone called ignored, will send CCA overdraft template sent(forum copy). Received letter saying were apply fee's
                              As above been quite on the HSBC front no response to my CCA but got a letter this morning saying daily fee's are etc etc. I assume I just go quiet as the companies will apply fee's till a default is applied so I believe.

Comment

BARCLAYCARD
                                • Type of account (credit card/loan): Credit Card
                                • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) 21/04/2011
                                • Approx balance:£3500
                                • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) July 2017
                                • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not Paying
                                • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Up-to-Date
                                • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)Lender
                                11/08/2017 DD cancelled, letter sent:My circumstances have changed considerably, resulting in I cannot now afford the agreed monthly payments due to debts spiralling out of control my outgoing are now far higher than my income.I have been speaking to Step Change at length regarding my situation reference number xxxx and I intend to enter into a DMP in December 2017. If interest or other charges are being added to the account, I'd be grateful if you would freeze these so that the debt does not increase. If the interest can freeze it would certainly help these very stressful times.Should my circumstances improve, I will contact you immediately. Expect to hear from Step Change in November regarding the December DMP. If you could please address any communications going forward in letter format ONLY. As this is affecting me emotionally with the stress of debt and challenging times ahead.Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
                                17/08/2017 CCA sent recorded delivery(forum copy)
                                18/08/2017 Letter received dated 14 Aug 17. Interest frozen for 30 days. Required not to contact you for 30 days. Contact us within 30 days to review case.
                                01/09/2017 CCA received emailed niddy see how we stand
                                11/09/2017 niddy responded cca enforceable debt too new

SUMMARY CCA received passed to niddy to see. Niddy advised debt to new so enforceable
                                As above debt enforceable, will bunker down and still pay nothing see happens

Comment

Working...
                                X