GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SA Gold's Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA Gold's Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
    Doesn't six years fly when you have AAD support
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for helping me (and others) along the way. Cheers!
    Have some of your debts now become Statute Barred (although I see you cancelled your DMP in October 2012)?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Have some of your debts now become Statute Barred (although I see you cancelled your DMP in October 2012)?

Di
      Hi Di.

All dropped off CRA so thats clean as a whistle now.

Just been back through the diary and i make it September 2012 all payments stopped so September 2018 next goal of SB.
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi SA - It's been a while since your last update. How's things going? Any news?

Fingers crossed only 12 months more for you

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• A very loooooooooooong time no post!
          It's been very quiet on the western front thanks to the initial AAD responses - and long may that continue.
          Now that i have a clean credit file and the six years have passed is it safe to ever apply for any Barclays products or is it best not to?!
          Best wishes to all AAD'ers
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

• Yes I amazingly found Barclays were not a problem, give it a go! Shoooooooooort Post

Comment

• Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
              i have a clean credit file and the six years have passed is it safe to ever apply for any Barclays products or is it best not to?
              Hello

I've taken a look back through your thread and can see you had a Barclays current account, and two Barclaycards (previously Egg) among your debts.

These may be absent from your CRA files but that doesn't mean Barclays don't still have the history in their files. Since they are all Statute Barred it's unlikely they'll start to chase you for them if you awaken your file. However it could mean you're rejected.

Any credit application will show on your CRA file regardless of the outcome, so if that application doesn't result in a new account (recorded on your CRA file) anyone looking at the file might assume a rejection occurred.

I would also suggest you look closely at the Right of Set-Off if you open a Barclays current account (although it's rare) > https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info...of-offset.aspx
              You may be accepted, but I thought you should be aware of any potential pitfalls.

Out of curiosity, what has happened with these three Barclays' debts - were they assigned to a debt purchaser or closed? (Sorry if I missed any updated posts on your old thread.)

Di
              Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 17 September 2019, 09:42. Reason: typo

Comment

• Hi

Thanks for the welcome (its good to be back )
                Barclays didn't put up much of a fight. They wrote back saying we acknowledge we are in default as long as we haven't got the paperwork and that was the last i heard from them!

Comment

Working...
                X