GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fredbares UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredbares UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fredbares UE Diary

Originally posted by fredbare View Post
    Hi

Update Letter from MK

They have still not received offer of payment despite attempts to contact me by phone and letter. Their team would like to discuss the balance and want to help me clear it but cant do that until I contact them. Please call us or use the barcode below to pay.

No response to 2nd o/d letter. Ignore or refer to previous letter?
    They have phoned a couple of times so ignoring request for letters only.

Thanks

Best wishes Fredbare
    Thank you Niddy will ignore letter, havent answered the phone to them, only one call today. Will let you kinow when I receive anything else.

Thanks again

Fredbare
    Hi everyone

An update from mkdp, reply to 2nd o/d letter

Letter stating they understand I have requested terms and conditions for the account. They have queried this with the hong kong scammers who have said they dont have the facilities to provide this, and if I wish to dispute it will be necessary to contact the scammers direct., provided address.

Account on hold for ten weeks for the investigation after which time they will commence collections again. Said I can go to ombudsman, hahahah, been there done that got the t shirt. Included a copy of their own complaint procedure.

A question if I may, all rights to this account including the balance has been sold to mkdp. Are they not responsible for this balance now and its their responsibility to sort it out? I'v no intention of contacting the scammers, as far as I'm concerned I have no balance with them now unless mkdp sell it back to them!

Please should I reply to mkdp, not sure what to write now. Help

Thank you for any thoughts

Fredbare

Comment

As far as I know it's up to mkdp to sort it out.

If it were me, I would just ignore it for now.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yep, as Pixie says, MKDP. they are chasing you

Comment

Thank you Pixie and Vint

Will ignore them, will update in ten weeks

Thanks

Fredbare

Comment

Hi Fred,

Vint and Pixie are absolutely right. Reading back I see that you have received Notice of Assignment (or all that is required to constitute same) implying at the very least it was sold in Absolute, therefore MKDP inherit all the responsibilities and liabilities of the alleged debt as well as any benefit accruing from same. Hence their problem not the original creditor. If it needs referring back for information then it is MKDP who have to do the legwork not you. Suggests they're struggling a bit with this one.

Regards
            G

Comment

Hi everyone

Well bang on 10 weeks and mkrr have sent a letter as follows:

PLEASE CALL US TO AVOID FURTHER ACTION

Further to our letter offering you help to clear this balance we have not received your offer of payment. Without your co-operation we cannot offer you any help to reduce this balance and may need to take further action to recover this amount. We advise you to contact us immediately so we can come to an agreement.

Have phoned as well, I didn't answer.

Should I reply to this, I have sent all the template letters previously.

Thanks everyone

Fredbare

Comment

Just a one liner Fredbare, referring them to your last letter.

Comment

Thank you Vint

the last letter I sent was the second cca template, will do as you suggest and refer them to that, will let you all know what happens

Thanks again

Fredbare

Comment

Hi Fredbare,

Yes, that's the one. They need to respond as they are chasing you. They can,t back out of it.

Comment

Hi everyone

An update. Did as suggested and sent a one liner referring them to my previous correspondence. Received a reply from them in which they say they are conducting a thorough review of the account which may include contacting the original creditor. They will contact me when their review is complete. They also stated they take great care that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner.

Will let you know the outcome of their thorough review (again). Going round in circles with this one.

Thank you all again

Best wishes Fredbare

Comment

Going round in circles with this one.
                        That often happens.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi everyone

An update. Did as suggested and sent a one liner referring them to my previous correspondence. Received a reply from them in which they say they are conducting a thorough review of the account which may include contacting the original creditor. They will contact me when their review is complete. They also stated they take great care that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner.

Will let you know the outcome of their thorough review (again). Going round in circles with this one.

Thank you all again

Best wishes Fredbare
                          Thats the way Fred. Keep them confused

Comment

Hi everyone

An update from mkdp, reply to 2nd o/d letter

Letter stating they understand I have requested terms and conditions for the account. They have queried this with the hong kong scammers who have said they dont have the facilities to provide this, and if I wish to dispute it will be necessary to contact the scammers direct., provided address.

Account on hold for ten weeks for the investigation after which time they will commence collections again. Said I can go to ombudsman, hahahah, been there done that got the t shirt. Included a copy of their own complaint procedure.

A question if I may, all rights to this account including the balance has been sold to mkdp. Are they not responsible for this balance now and its their responsibility to sort it out? I'v no intention of contacting the scammers, as far as I'm concerned I have no balance with them now unless mkdp sell it back to them!

Please should I reply to mkdp, not sure what to write now. Help

Thank you for any thoughts

Fredbare
                            Hi everyone

Well bang on 10 weeks and mkrr have sent a letter as follows:

PLEASE CALL US TO AVOID FURTHER ACTION

Further to our letter offering you help to clear this balance we have not received your offer of payment. Without your co-operation we cannot offer you any help to reduce this balance and may need to take further action to recover this amount. We advise you to contact us immediately so we can come to an agreement.

Have phoned as well, I didn't answer.

Should I reply to this, I have sent all the template letters previously.

Thanks everyone

Fredbare
                            Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                            Just a one liner Fredbare, referring them to your last letter.
                            Thank you Vint

the last letter I sent was the second cca template, will do as you suggest and refer them to that, will let you all know what happens

Thanks again

Fredbare
                            Hi everyone

Thank you all again

Best wishes Fredbare
                            Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                            Thats the way Fred. Keep them confused
                            Hi ev eryone

An update, letter rexeived from mkdp, it states: As previously advised in our final response dated Aug 2013 we have raised this matter with hsbc who have responded to provide that if you wish to dispute this balance or any of the account facilities it will be necessary for me to contact hsbc directly aqt the following address, in leeds. Dont hesitate to contact them if I have any other queries.

So they are still insisting I contact hsbc myself even though mkdp now own the debt. Any suggestions will be gratefully received, this is getting silly now, going round in circles and letter ping pong. I have no intention of writing or speaking to the scammers, I havent had any contact with them for quite a while and like it that way.

Thank you

Best wishes Fredbare

Comment

I would just send a short letter:

I refer to you letter dated xxxx, in which you refuse to deal with my lawful request.

The OFT guidelines on debt collection are quite clear. I would advise that you read and understand them. It is painfully clear that YOU are instructed by your client in this matter, so please stop wasting my time and respond to my lawful request. If you are unwilling to do so in this matter, I suggest that you return this account to HSBC.

Comment

Thank you Vint

I wasn't sure what more I could say to them but didn't want to ignore them either, your suggestion is perfect, short and to the point, I would have probably rambled on a bit and shot myelf in the foot or something.

Will sort that letter out and get it in the post tomorrow morning. I will let everyone know when I receive a reply.

Thank you again, best wishes, Fredbare

Comment

Working...
                                X