GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fredbares UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredbares UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fredbares UE Diary

Hi Sxguy

Thank you for explaining that, I think its the second one, they try confusing you, hsbc confuse the hell out of me.

If BCW had referred to it as a reference number fair enough but they have stated its the original account number and its not. No one has informed me the account was changing, they dont say what the account was for either, it could be anything, cc, mortgage, loan o/d, I would be acknowledging an account that had never been in existence until they created it.

Thats what I dont understand, how they can be allowed to change account numbers whenever they feel like it and refer to it as your debt with whoever.

To be honest Im so hacked off with hsbc I'd like to give them a poke. I did it with one of my other accounts, told the dca I had never held an account with that number, it went straight back to the OC and they apologised and are careful now to quote the correct account number on all correspondence, which I think is only fair. Held them up for quite a while. Rant over sorry

Thanks again for explaining things

Comment

Thank you for the links flowerpower, will have a read.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        So Wetclothes finally gave up the ghost as predicted!

Niddy has always said account numbers are largely irrelevant.

If this is the first contact from BCW, I'd send the account in dispute letter to inform them of the ongoing dispute ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
        Hi flowerpower

Have done as suggested and sent account in dispute letter today.

Have also read the links you provided, thank you, I understand a bit more now and I dont want to look silly, ive done enough of that, although I still think its wrong they can change them.

Will let everyone know when they respond. Thanks again

Fredbare

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          when debts get passed one, they do sometimes change the account number.

When my mothers egg card got sold to barclaycard, the first time i noticed the account number was different was when they passed it over to their collection team.

I did wonder for a long time whos account they were refering to, but after a bit of communication it became clear.

To be honest, they do it, prob to fall in line with the account number generation, or just to confuse you, but if you wanna play the i dont know this account number game do it, its only gonna give you more breathing space while they try and prove it lol
          Hi Sxguy

Your right it will only delay things for a while, so im not going to play their games and have done as flower suggested. Hopefully they'l do the same as the last one and send it back to metropolitan.

Thanks again

Fredbare

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            So Wetclothes finally gave up the ghost as predicted!

Niddy has always said account numbers are largely irrelevant.

If this is the first contact from BCW, I'd send the account in dispute letter to inform them of the ongoing dispute ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
            Originally posted by fredbare View Post
            Hi flowerpower

Have done as suggested and sent account in dispute letter today.

Have also read the links you provided, thank you, I understand a bit more now and I dont want to look silly, ive done enough of that, although I still think its wrong they can change them.

Will let everyone know when they respond. Thanks again

Fredbare
            Hi everyone

Update Have received letter from BCW, account on hold while they investigate matters with their client and a number to ring if I have any queries.

Thank you very much everyone, will update when I hear anything more

Fredbare

Comment

Hi Sxguy

Your right it will only delay things for a while, so im not going to play their games and have done as flower suggested. Hopefully they'l do the same as the last one and send it back to metropolitan.

Thanks again

Fredbare
              Hi everyone

Update Have received letter from BCW, account on hold while they investigate matters with their client and a number to ring if I have any queries.

Fredbare

Hi

Update BCW letter received. Account still being investigated, a final response will be issued in 4 weeks.

Thank you everyone.

Fredbare
              Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 9 November 2012, 10:44. Reason: fixed code

Comment

Looks like they're struggling. Excellent

Comment

[QUOTE=Undercover Elsa;255039]Looks like they're struggling. Excellent [/QUOT

Hi

Fingers crossed they keep struggling, I dont think they'l find anything as its an o/d, all charges, nothing important turned up in the sar, and they asked fos to clarify what a facility letter is, fos wrote to me and told me to contact them direct and ask for it but I havent done that yet. I think this was because I didnt specifically ask for it in my original sar.

Thanks

Fredbare

Comment

Hi everyone

Fredbare
                    Hi

Update BCW letter received. Account still being investigated, a final response will be issued in 4 weeks.

Thank you everyone.

Fredbare
                    [QUOTE=fredbare;255117]
                    Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                    Looks like they're struggling. Excellent [/QUOT

Hi

Fingers crossed they keep struggling, I dont think they'l find anything as its an o/d, all charges, nothing important turned up in the sar, and they asked fos to clarify what a facility letter is, fos wrote to me and told me to contact them direct and ask for it but I havent done that yet. I think this was because I didnt specifically ask for it in my original sar.

Thanks

Fredbare
                    Hi Have received final response from bcw, they have been unable to obtain the requested documentation and have elected to close the account on their system and return it to their client.

Thank you everyone, will update when I hear from their client or dca.

Fredbare

Comment

[QUOTE=fredbare;269119]

Hi Have received final response from bcw, they have been unable to obtain the requested documentation and have elected to close the account on their system and return it to their client.

Fredbare
                      Well done............
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi everyone

Nothing to update, very quiet here, no letters since my last update, no phone calls either, hope i'm not pushing my luck. I cant believe it is over a year since I joined the forum and i'm so glad I did, so to everyone a huge thank you.

I have one account that i am holding at bay with a cca request, they are looking for it, which I may need help with, later rather than sooner I hope. Good luck everyone with your diaries.

A very grateful Fredbare

Comment

Account: Current Account Overdraft
                          Date Commenced: 1994
                          Balance: 1400 approx All Charges
                          Last paid: Late 2009
                          Account Owner: HSBC
                          DCA: Metropolitan Collections, DG Solicitors, Central Debt Recovery

November 2009 Reclaimed Bank Charges
                          December 2009 HSBC replied and put on hold for Bank Charge Case
                          December 2009 Letter from HSBC advising overdrawn
                          December 2009 Letter from HSB refusing Bank Charge Claim
                          May 2010 Letter from Metropolitan, they have been instructed to collect, 7 days to pay up or else, ignored
                          June 2010 Letter from Metropolitan, you have failed to pay
                          June 2010 Sent CCA request to Metro
                          July 2010 Letter from Metro claoming part v exemption and pay up in 14 days, ignored
                          July 2010 Sent SAR to HSBC, received acknowledgement of SAR
                          August 2010 Letter from DG pre sue unit 14 days to pay, ignored
                          September 2010 Picked up SAR, loads of computer print outs that I didnt understand and some copy letters and internal log
                          September 2010 Letter from DG Urgent I respond or legal action will commence
                          Septemeber 2010 Sent letter to HSBC non compliance of SAR wanted terms and conditions etc
                          September 2010 Sent letter to DG Account in dispute due to non compliance of sar and bank charges
                          September 2010 Letter from DG offering discount and one putting account on hold for 4 weeks
                          October 2010 Complaint sent to ICO for non compliance of sar, informed HSBCOctober 2010 Letter from HSBC, sorry I was dissatisfied, SAR was sent to me and can escalate my concerns if I want to
                          November 2010 Letter sent to HSBC, I was not happy, still not received documents I asked for
                          December 2010 Letter from DG saying Bank had sent final response and enclosing an income and expenditure sheet to fill in for repayment proposal, ignored
                          January 2011 Letter sent to DG advising still in dispute and asking for original facility letter
                          January 2011 Another discount offer letter from DG, ignored
                          February 2011 Letter from CDR, referred for immediate collection, ignored
                          February 2011 ICO requested more information, sent them copies
                          March 2011 Letter received from CDR we will be calling you on xx date please call usignored
                          April 2011 Final Offer of a discount from CDR
                          April 2011 Letter from CDR Despite previous reminders etc, no option but to take further action and enclosing a standing order mandate to pay monthly?
                          May 2011 Sent letter to CDR, no doorstep visits, writing only, account in dispute
                          May 2011 ICO not upheld my complaint, HSBC complied and to ask the bank direct for the facility letter as it wasnt in my original sar and they didnt have to provide it, and HSBC wanted clarification on what a faciility letter is?
                          May 2011 Letter from Metropolitan in reply to my letter to CDR in May, apologising, no doorstep visits will be made, telephone details removed etc

February 2012 Letter from CDR, payment overdue??? imperative to pay within 24 hours, please telephone us
                          May 2012 Letter from CDR, another generous offer of a discount, upon receipt cra files will be marked as satisfied. Thought they had sent a final offer letter in april, oh yes they did!

Up to date, I cant believe its been 3 years since they started this nonsense, if they had accepted my offer of monthly installments in the beginning instead of ignoring my requests it would have been paid a long time ago. I think I will completely ignore this now, unless anyone can advise me further.

Thank you for persevering. hope I spelt that right.

Fredbare
                          [QUOTE=fredbare;269119]

Fredbare
                          Hello Update to the above. Letter from hsbc stating they have sold the account to mkdp and they are now the effective owners who have appointed mki rapid recoveries to manage the account on their behalf. In same envelope a letter from mkdp advising me they have bought the interest including the balance of the account and they are now the data contreollers and it is important upon receipt of this letter that i contact them to discuss my options as they are there to help me.

Any advice would be appreciated.
                          Thank you again

Fredbare

Comment

I would wait for the next letter then pop off a sold in dispute

Comment

June 2010 Sent CCA request to Metro
                              Can you remember exactly which letter you sent?

SH

Comment

Thank you both

SH This is what i sent

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s78 of the consumer credit act 1974. i require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any othert documentation the act requires you to provide.
                                I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory tim e limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request the provisions of s78(6) will apply.
                                Your attention is drawn to ss. 5(2) 3(b), 6 and 7 of the consumer protection from unfair trading regulations 2008 (CPUTR)
                                I enclose a postal order in the sum of 1.00 which is the statutory fee. Note these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.
                                If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance.

Thanks Fredbare

Comment

Working...
                                X