GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fredbares UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredbares UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fredbares UE Diary

Well done
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      Thats what we like to hear
      Hi in2deep

I cant thank you all enough, one letter and they back down. Although I am very relieved they are ceasing collection activity for the moment I must admit to feeling a bit guilty. In all my life I have never received something for nothing, I have always worked, paid my bills, sometomes late, but always paid, not eating sometimes just to pay, then after a long period of illness you fall behind with payments and cant catch up. Why dont these companies help you by changing payment dates or ceasing charges at least they would get something until times improve.

Their letter was not at all nasty but made me feel morally it should be paid back. This is not a nice feeling.

Oh and I dont feel like this about the bank and I owe them much more, they have no morals so as far as they'r concerned neither do I.

Thank you all again for your support. Will keep you updated
      Last edited by swanfan; 7 July 2012, 12:51. Reason: fix quote

Comment

I think you'll find that you've paid more than enough in charges and interest to take care of this bill, so I wouldn't feel guilty at all.

They didn't do their job correctly, they messed up, they didn't do their paperwork the way it should be to make it lawful and they've been lying about that to you for some time. I worked in sales for years, if I messed up the paperwork, I couldn't claim the commission because I didn't do my job properly.
        Last edited by MrsD; 7 July 2012, 14:51.

Comment

Hi everyone

Thank you all for the wonderful support.

I have been checking the statements they sent and found all sorts of penalty charges, interest, service charges and p&p, havent added them all up yet but they seem quite a lot, they are all mixed up with goods received and returns etc so will have to separate them. Also found a few items paid for but were returned and two that were added twice so quite a few errors there as well.

Will keep all paperwork in csase they sell it on to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by fredbare View Post
            Received letter from westcott advising their collecting on behalf of hsbc and to get in touch if any queries. Should I respond to this? advice welcome. Thank you
            Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            If it were me I'd just wait until I heard from Westcott and then send Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
            Have printed letter ready to send but would like to check that it is the right one for overdrafts before sending. Thank you Pixie
            Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
            Up to you or just wait and see what they do next..........
            Update

I decided to wait a few days before sending letter but have today received another letter from Westcot.

Final Notice in red letters and says they have confirmed I still live at my address but have not had any reply from me. I have ten dasys to pay in full or further collection activity will be taken.
            Do not ignore or legal action may be taken if account is referred back to hsbc.
            Doorstep visits.

Should I still send the account sold template or a different one.Thank you

Fredbare
            Last edited by Flowerpower; 9 July 2012, 16:07. Reason: Fixed quote :)

Comment

it's a mailshot Fred, just pop off the sold in dispute

Comment

A mailshot, template letter? ok evenlessdopey will send sold in dispute tomorrow.

Thank you very much

Fredbare

Comment

Thank you Flowerpower, will file it away safely for future decoration

Fredbare

Comment

Update

I decided to wait a few days before sending letter but have today received another letter from Westcot.

Final Notice in red letters and says they have confirmed I still live at my address but have not had any reply from me. I have ten dasys to pay in full or further collection activity will be taken.
                    Doorstep visits.

Fredbare
                    Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                    it's a mailshot Fred, just pop off the sold in dispute
                    Update to overdraft thread

Letter from Westcott in reply to sold in dispute letter. They know there is a query on account, suspending all collection activity to investigate with their client hsbc, could take a while, thanked me for my patience and if I have any further information to help them could I get in touch.

Comment

Account: Current Account Overdraft
                      Date Commenced: 1994
                      Balance: 1400 approx All Charges
                      Last paid: Late 2009
                      Account Owner: HSBC
                      DCA: Metropolitan Collections, DG Solicitors, Central Debt Recovery

November 2009 Reclaimed Bank Charges
                      December 2009 HSBC replied and put on hold for Bank Charge Case
                      December 2009 Letter from HSBC advising overdrawn
                      December 2009 Letter from HSB refusing Bank Charge Claim
                      May 2010 Letter from Metropolitan, they have been instructed to collect, 7 days to pay up or else, ignored
                      June 2010 Letter from Metropolitan, you have failed to pay
                      June 2010 Sent CCA request to Metro
                      July 2010 Letter from Metro claoming part v exemption and pay up in 14 days, ignored
                      July 2010 Sent SAR to HSBC, received acknowledgement of SAR
                      August 2010 Letter from DG pre sue unit 14 days to pay, ignored
                      September 2010 Picked up SAR, loads of computer print outs that I didnt understand and some copy letters and internal log
                      September 2010 Letter from DG Urgent I respond or legal action will commence
                      Septemeber 2010 Sent letter to HSBC non compliance of SAR wanted terms and conditions etc
                      September 2010 Sent letter to DG Account in dispute due to non compliance of sar and bank charges
                      September 2010 Letter from DG offering discount and one putting account on hold for 4 weeks
                      October 2010 Complaint sent to ICO for non compliance of sar, informed HSBCOctober 2010 Letter from HSBC, sorry I was dissatisfied, SAR was sent to me and can escalate my concerns if I want to
                      November 2010 Letter sent to HSBC, I was not happy, still not received documents I asked for
                      December 2010 Letter from DG saying Bank had sent final response and enclosing an income and expenditure sheet to fill in for repayment proposal, ignored
                      January 2011 Letter sent to DG advising still in dispute and asking for original facility letter
                      January 2011 Another discount offer letter from DG, ignored
                      February 2011 Letter from CDR, referred for immediate collection, ignored
                      February 2011 ICO requested more information, sent them copies
                      March 2011 Letter received from CDR we will be calling you on xx date please call usignored
                      April 2011 Final Offer of a discount from CDR
                      April 2011 Letter from CDR Despite previous reminders etc, no option but to take further action and enclosing a standing order mandate to pay monthly?
                      May 2011 Sent letter to CDR, no doorstep visits, writing only, account in dispute
                      May 2011 ICO not upheld my complaint, HSBC complied and to ask the bank direct for the facility letter as it wasnt in my original sar and they didnt have to provide it, and HSBC wanted clarification on what a faciility letter is?
                      May 2011 Letter from Metropolitan in reply to my letter to CDR in May, apologising, no doorstep visits will be made, telephone details removed etc

February 2012 Letter from CDR, payment overdue??? imperative to pay within 24 hours, please telephone us
                      May 2012 Letter from CDR, another generous offer of a discount, upon receipt cra files will be marked as satisfied. Thought they had sent a final offer letter in april, oh yes they did!

Up to date, I cant believe its been 3 years since they started this nonsense, if they had accepted my offer of monthly installments in the beginning instead of ignoring my requests it would have been paid a long time ago. I think I will completely ignore this now, unless anyone can advise me further.

Thank you for persevering. hope I spelt that right.

Fredbare
                      Update

Doorstep visits.

Fredbare
                      Update to overdraft thread

Letter from Westcott in reply to sold in dispute letter. They know there is a query on account, suspending all collection activity to investigate with their client hsbc, could take a while, thanked me for my patience and if I have any further information to help them could I get in touch.
                      Hi Update

Have heard nothing more from Westcott but have received a letter from metropolitan advising me the account has now passed to buchanan clark and wells. This is an exact copy of the letter they sent me advising they had passed the account to westcott.

Should I reply to this. Thank you all very much for the help and support I have received from everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                        They obviously use a limited number of template letters!

I would just wait for BCW to make their first move...
                        Thanks Flowerpower, will do, will update when they get in touch. Wonder what happened to westcott, very rude not to let me know they sent account back to metro.

Comment

Wonder what happened to westcott, very rude not to let me know they sent account back to metro.
                          I never heard anything from Hilarity when they send mine back to Crapbot after I sent them one letter, and they replied saying they would "let me know the outcome". I think this is just standard practice. All DCAs are interested in is money, so why would they spend it just to send out surrender letters?

Maybe they have to surrender more times than they want people to realise.

SH

Comment

Thank you both for your replies, still nothing from westcott but have received the hello letter from BWC. They have been instructed by hsbc but have quoted a reference number as my original account number, this is not correct, I have never held an account with this number, it was first used by central debt recovery, then westcott as their reference number. They also state that hsbc have granted them access to my credit file which they will be monitoring along with data from other sources to assess my ability to pay.

They say it is imperative I contact them to explain my financial position so they can help me. They also mention they can put me in touch with a free debt management company.

I have already warned hsbc about changing account numbers and if they wish to chase then use the correct ones. It is interesting that metropolitan are using the correct account number.

I am very tempted to tell them I have no knowledge of an account with that number, which would not be a lie.

Thank you would appreciate any opinions on how to proceed with this.

Fredbare

Comment

Thank you flowerpower, yes it looks like ive heard the last of westcott thanks to advice here, im perfectly happy to follow the advice given and will send that letter to BCW tomorrow.

I dont fully understand why account numbers are irrelevant, but would like to. Is there a link on the forum which I could read?

Thank you again, will let you know when I hear back from them.

Comment

when debts get passed one, they do sometimes change the account number.

When my mothers egg card got sold to barclaycard, the first time i noticed the account number was different was when they passed it over to their collection team.

I did wonder for a long time whos account they were refering to, but after a bit of communication it became clear.

To be honest, they do it, prob to fall in line with the account number generation, or just to confuse you, but if you wanna play the i dont know this account number game do it, its only gonna give you more breathing space while they try and prove it lol
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X