GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on - now five years

you two don't know you're living, I'm still working like a looney, just got promoted again yesterday (2nd time this year) and here's me trying to retire.

cos we moved last year, we're remodelling the bits that we didn't like so I'm working to pay for the extensions, another two years? (although the big boss was trying to talk me into 5 yesterday)

I know what you mean though Elsie, I am so careful, everything in cash, very aware of the cost and value of everything and still buy nearly all of my clothes from Ebay can't bring myself to pay the full price in a shop...................

Comment

Congratulations mrsd on your promotion.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lovely to hear from you Elsie x

You must be doing something right MrsD! I hope your salary has increased with the promotions
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Congrats Mrs D xxx I never ever pay full whack , I tend to buy sale stuff end of season put it away for next time .xxxx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Lovely to hear from you Elsie x

You must be doing something right MrsD! I hope your salary has increased with the promotions

Bit like a pay rise I had a few years ago - Now Paid on the Roof! was the answer I got to a pay rise question! - ooppsssss sorry

Comment

• Re: UE - One year on - now SIX years

Six years ago today the 11th May 2010 I begin my UE journey when I posted CCA requests to my various creditors. Back then I was in despair at facing the realisation that I had credit card debts totally an incredible £138K! And as I sent off those CCA requests I really had no idea what lay ahead.

Prior to going down the UE route I did try to face my debts head on and looked for a solution by contacting my creditors and being completely upfront to my plight that I could no longer service my debts (which I was doing to the tune of £30K per year !) I asked for interest to be frozen and a reasonable monthly payment arrangement, my requests were met with no help at all, credit limits immediately got lowered, and interest rates raised which on paper plunged me deeper into debt.

That was the turning point for me, no longer did I feel any remorse for my creditors, they had bled me dry for years after giving me more credit that I was ever going to be able to repay, it was time to get off the treadmill – enough was enough, I wanted my life back before they took that as well!

My creditors by giving me a ridiculous amount of unsecured credit had entered into a poker game, who would win the pot was a gamble, and has been for the last 6 years ! ...over the next few weeks I hope to be able to play my winning hand and end the “game” as I enter into the next and hopefully final phase of the UE journey as my status changes to Statute Barred ! The debts will always be there and I will still be looking over my shoulder for a while longer yet before I can fully relax.

My credit file will now begin to repair itself as defaults drop off but I’m in no hurry to look at it anytime soon, I’ve done what I thought was the impossible for the last 6 years and lived without credit and I intend to keep it that way.

AAD or as I personally call it Armour Against Debt has been my mentor throughout the last 6 years, guiding me through the minefield of creditor demands. Thank you AAD, thank you niddy, and thank you to the many friends I’ve met here and who have always been there with support. I could not and would not have done it without you.

Comment

Good for you Alland, and totally agree regarding AAD and all the help provided here.

Comment

Absolutely bloody brilliant, and an example to us all. You have no idea how encouraging your success is to me (and presumably to lots of others of us who are in the same boat). Fantastic!!

Comment

Yes, and I'll second the praise to AAD as well - so brilliant to have something to help tip the balance away from the powerful, dishonest, ruthless, greedy, grasping, amoral, immoral Ponzi schemes (sorry, banks...).

Comment

I'm a little way behind alland as I dithered for a while before sending my CCA requests...goodness knows why! At the time it was difficult to think about the light at the end of the tunnel, with the constant harassing phone calls and letters by the sackful (or so it seemed!), but the light is definitely there and within touching distance. I certainly couldn't have got this far without the help and support of Niddy and AAD.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Congrats Alland. xxxxx Me too nPixie I dithered mine will be July last pd June 2010 xxxxx AAD gave me a life there are no words.xxx

Comment

Alland,what a great post.

Comment

Originally posted by alland View Post
                            Six years ago today the 11th May 2010 I begin my UE journey when I posted CCA requests to my various creditors. Back then I was in despair at facing the realisation that I had credit card debts totally an incredible £138K! And as I sent off those CCA requests I really had no idea what lay ahead.

Prior to going down the UE route I did try to face my debts head on and looked for a solution by contacting my creditors and being completely upfront to my plight that I could no longer service my debts (which I was doing to the tune of £30K per year !) I asked for interest to be frozen and a reasonable monthly payment arrangement, my requests were met with no help at all, credit limits immediately got lowered, and interest rates raised which on paper plunged me deeper into debt.

That was the turning point for me, no longer did I feel any remorse for my creditors, they had bled me dry for years after giving me more credit that I was ever going to be able to repay, it was time to get off the treadmill – enough was enough, I wanted my life back before they took that as well!

My creditors by giving me a ridiculous amount of unsecured credit had entered into a poker game, who would win the pot was a gamble, and has been for the last 6 years ! ...over the next few weeks I hope to be able to play my winning hand and end the “game” as I enter into the next and hopefully final phase of the UE journey as my status changes to Statute Barred ! The debts will always be there and I will still be looking over my shoulder for a while longer yet before I can fully relax.

My credit file will now begin to repair itself as defaults drop off but I’m in no hurry to look at it anytime soon, I’ve done what I thought was the impossible for the last 6 years and lived without credit and I intend to keep it that way.

AAD or as I personally call it Armour Against Debt has been my mentor throughout the last 6 years, guiding me through the minefield of creditor demands. Thank you AAD, thank you niddy, and thank you to the many friends I’ve met here and who have always been there with support. I could not and would not have done it without you.
                            well done

welcome to the beginning of the end, it's all about holding your nerve and following the plan and it's worked AGAIN!!!

still haven't looked at our CRA files and we're 8months past SB day..............

Comment

I haven't either Mrs D or applied for anything , nor do I want to xx

Comment

Congratulations AllanD!

Your story is completely inspiring to anyone who has been struggling with debt and is unsure of what to do.

Like you, I tried to do "The Right Thing" which is the message that the banks and creditors tout - if you're struggling contact us, we're all friendly and fluffy and will do our best to help you.

And like you found this to be complete bovine excrement.

All it did was give them opportunity to shaft me over even more, completely cut off my cash flow, and subject me to a campaign of harassment and abuse which whose sole intent was to put such significant pressue on me that I'd prioritize them over other creditors.

I battled for a while with a self managed DMP, but the harassment and threats continued so I chose to take the AAD way and haven't looked back.

Fingers crossed for you that the SB line is now behind you, and that when your creditors realize this the two fingers you'll give them will be dubly satisfying!

Originally posted by alland View Post

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Working...
                                X