GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on - now five years

1 year to go just under actually ,you are a great inspiration Mrs D you really are. Keeping under the radar is something i try to do.xxx
    I did make the mistake of not doing all three together but the biggest is the first to go nSB next June , counting down.xxxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Almost there as well.
      Safety and comfort in numbers. Let's hope we all get there.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
        Almost there as well.
        Safety and comfort in numbers. Let's hope we all get there.
        We'll all get there Julian, we just have to remember ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	1408640

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          thank you for your kind words, you know it's not impossible to get here to the SB goal, it won't be long until this is a busy wee spot, very crowded with AAD members who have walked the walk, looking forward to seeing you soon!
          Thank you MrsD.

I just logged on to my credit file info to double check default dates. I think one has dropped off already ... one drops off next week (eek!) another next month and the final one in February (blimey why did they take so long to default, I think that isn't actually the original default date for the card, it's the one put there by the CRA who bought it)....

My last payments to any creditors were at the very latest May 2010 so I am just focussing on getting to next June... I am kicking myself for keeping paying for so long when I just couldn't afford to... if I'd admitted defeat earlier, I'd be smiling more!!

You are right MrsD, there will be a flood of people who started the process nearly 6 years ago... I just can't believe where the last 5 years has gone, just need to keep going!

Edit... just wish SB related to default dates, not last payments
          Last edited by MustGetStraigh; 26 August 2015, 09:15.
          Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
          SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Just had to like the post at the beginning of the thread, partly because that makes me the 100th person to do so, but mostly because I wanted to say what an inspiration and a beacon to me it has been over the last few months while I struggled going through the process Allan describes here. It is so encouraging to read of his experiences, as other have said, so beautifully expressed, that I wanted to say thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by debtguy View Post
              Just had to like the post at the beginning of the thread, partly because that makes me the 100th person to do so, but mostly because I wanted to say what an inspiration and a beacon to me it has been over the last few months while I struggled going through the process Allan describes here. It is so encouraging to read of his experiences, as other have said, so beautifully expressed, that I wanted to say thanks!
              Thank you debtguy, your thanks are very much appreciated, good luck with your journey here

Comment

Alland, I'm new to this forum and I have wonderful people giving me advice on here.
                I'm collecting all the info that has been requested this week.
                Your story is inspirational, but many people mention different credit card loans etc, are unenforceable, are there any particular companies that will not chase you, for whatever reason?
                I hear some were sloppy in their contracts prior to 2007 and know they haven't got a hope of enforcement.
                If there are any, it maybe worth me putting these at the top of the, stop paying list.
                Thank you to everyone on this forum for your input and stories and invaluable advice.

Comment

Hi Tonybluto. Having read your other threads on here I would be thinking about stopping your payments to stepchange.

First of all you need to get the information together and set it out as PlanB suggests in post #3 of your Unsecured debt thread then we know what debts you have. There isn't any hard and fast rule about which companies make more effort chasing which debtors. Even if they know they haven't got a hope of enforcement they will still try and argue that they have. The thing we do on here is fight back using the relevant laws and regulations.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Morning folks, I'm very quiet on this forum now, but I am forever grateful.!!!! We have just past our 6 years since our last payments on 6 unenforceable debts. (19th April) and I think our last default date is August, so we are almost done. Its been a traumatic, scary time, but we have come through it. We would never have taken this step without the help and advice from Niddy and the support from our members, but we are so glad that we did. It was hard at the beginning and you are forever on your toes, but it does get easier as time moves on and we are living proof that it can be done and life begins again.....DEBT FREE. I honestly do not believe that I would be here today if I had had to contend with money worries as well as the things life has thrown at me during these last 6 years. I have lost my Mum and 2 brothers, and dealt with a son with cancer and a sister had cancer twice in that time.....I would seriously gone under if I had to deal with anything else. But life is getting better and we can look forward to the future thanks to you all. Good luck to anyone just beginning, keep going, it will get better, and there is help here whenever you need it and things appear hopeless.......Thanks again everyone. xxxxx

Comment

Hi Elsie

glad your well and nice to see you around again. Mine all coming up about Oct time this year (to be on the safe side) - has helped me a lot too..................!

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
                        I'm very quiet on this forum now, but I am forever grateful.!!!! We have just past our 6 years since our last payments on 6 unenforceable debts. (19th April) and I think our last default date is August, so we are almost done. Its been a traumatic, scary time, but we have come through it. We would never have taken this step without the help and advice from Niddy and the support from our members, but we are so glad that we did. It was hard at the beginning and you are forever on your toes, but it does get easier as time moves on and we are living proof that it can be done and life begins again.....DEBT FREE. I honestly do not believe that I would be here today if I had had to contend with money worries as well as the things life has thrown at me during these last 6 years. I have lost my Mum and 2 brothers, and dealt with a son with cancer and a sister had cancer twice in that time.....I would seriously gone under if I had to deal with anything else. But life is getting better and we can look forward to the future thanks to you all. Good luck to anyone just beginning, keep going, it will get better, and there is help here whenever you need it and things appear hopeless.......
                        What a powerful post Elsie.

I think a lot of us have only survived our financial traumas thanks to this forum.

None of us chose to get into debt. It happened largely as a direct consequence of the banking industry's culture of greed which caused a global meltdown.

We suffered as a result. They didn't. I remain angry about that.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
                          Morning folks, I'm very quiet on this forum now, but I am forever grateful.!!!! We have just past our 6 years since our last payments on 6 unenforceable debts. (19th April) and I think our last default date is August, so we are almost done. Its been a traumatic, scary time, but we have come through it. We would never have taken this step without the help and advice from Niddy and the support from our members, but we are so glad that we did. It was hard at the beginning and you are forever on your toes, but it does get easier as time moves on and we are living proof that it can be done and life begins again.....DEBT FREE. I honestly do not believe that I would be here today if I had had to contend with money worries as well as the things life has thrown at me during these last 6 years. I have lost my Mum and 2 brothers, and dealt with a son with cancer and a sister had cancer twice in that time.....I would seriously gone under if I had to deal with anything else. But life is getting better and we can look forward to the future thanks to you all. Good luck to anyone just beginning, keep going, it will get better, and there is help here whenever you need it and things appear hopeless.......Thanks again everyone. xxxxx
                          Good to hear from you Elsie, I am so glad you zipped pass the post, it's nice out here in the clear! We're nearly a year past and all has been quiet, still haven't checked the CRAs though, don't really care that much.

Keep in touch xxxx

Comment

Our wonderful friend so lovely to hear from you, you certainly have been through so much I do hope you and the family are out the other side.My SB will be there soon, yes it's been scary hated the phone hated the post, not really bothered now .Keep in touch
                            If you can and take care. xxxx
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

I think a lot of us have only survived our financial traumas thanks to this forum.

Plan B x
                              A friend asked me today how I had survived the last six years and that was exactly my answer Plan B!

Comment

Its nice to hear from friends from the past who we all struggled together with our debts before we went down the UE route.....best move we ever made me thinks.!! I hope that you are all doing well, and life is now being kind to you. We all now know that we can live without credit, we can budget, plan and save. We didn't ask to get into trouble with our finances, but it happened for various reasons. That doesn't make us bad people, it makes us vulnerable people, who the banks and loan companies showed no mercy when we needed help. Thank goodness we were shown a way to deal with them, and succeed.!!! I am forever grateful to Niddy and this forum for getting me through. Not quite at the finish line, but not far off now. I will keep popping in. Take care xxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X