GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE - SIX Years On! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE - SIX Years On!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UE - One year on - now five years

Hello Elsie, Good to hear from you, and good to see you're almost at the finishing post of your UE journey like a few more of us here.
    It's an inspiration to other members who are on or just begiining their journeys to read that no matter how bad is looks there is life after debt.
    Well done and take care...and hey don't be a stranger pop in here for a chat xx

Comment

Mine is a simple thank you to all on this site.
      11 out of 13 have dropped off my credit file,the final 2 will go early next year
      Everyone of you have been supportive, without judgement and confident that we can get through the troubles.
      Reading this thread is now a pleasure that 6 year ago was a dim and distant light in a long dark tunnel, filled with bogey men and muggers
      Tempus fugit,

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMRADESHIP AND SUPPORT
      Onlyme
      Not quit so alone

Comment

It's great to see people posting about their battles and how they are now reaching a successful end with the support of AAD. It helps to inspire other people who are feeling desperate and to give them confidence to start their own road to financial redemption.
        Last edited by cymruambyth; 30 April 2016, 19:02.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lovely to hear from you, Elsie! (Not sure if you remember me from the "Old Gals and Geezers" thread?) Sorry that you have had such a tough time - but you are so right about how this site has helped us all over the last six years. I find it hard to believe that those six years have passed so quickly and hope others who are just starting out find some encouragement from our shared experiences.

I just know that I would not have got to where I am at the moment without the advice and support of members of this site. And I have made some lovely (virtual!) friends as well!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            Lovely to hear from you, Elsie! (Not sure if you remember me from the "Old Gals and Geezers" thread?) Sorry that you have had such a tough time - but you are so right about how this site has helped us all over the last six years. I find it hard to believe that those six years have passed so quickly and hope others who are just starting out find some encouragement from our shared experiences.

I just know that I would not have got to where I am at the moment without the advice and support of members of this site. And I have made some lovely (virtual!) friends as well!
            Of course I remember you Phoenix, you were the person I watched start your UE journey and then decided to give it a go myself. Like you I had been fending off mounting cc and loan payments and felt that we were definitely sinking fast. I think you are probably a couple of months ahead of me in this journey, one which we should have taken sooner.!!! It seems such a long time since we had the 'Old gals and geezers' thread, and I think a bit of banter and laughter also helps to get you through it. Life is going to be so much better for us all, and I will pop in now and then for a chat....Must find my way around this site, its grown so much since we all first joined. xxx

Comment

Elsie lovely to hear from you. I'm sorry you have had such an awful time.

I am also an infrequent user nowadays but there isn't a day goes by that I am not grateful to the advice and cameraderie on this site. I started my journey about the same time as you. It is such a relief to be on the home straight isn't it.

Keep smiling
              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

I fully agree about the humour, Elsie - it is what keeps us going a lot of the time.

And a shame we have all got that much older - but some things cannot be helped!

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
                  Its nice to hear from friends from the past who we all struggled together with our debts before we went down the UE route.....best move we ever made me thinks.!! I hope that you are all doing well, and life is now being kind to you. We all now know that we can live without credit, we can budget, plan and save. We didn't ask to get into trouble with our finances, but it happened for various reasons. That doesn't make us bad people, it makes us vulnerable people, who the banks and loan companies showed no mercy when we needed help. Thank goodness we were shown a way to deal with them, and succeed.!!! I am forever grateful to Niddy and this forum for getting me through. Not quite at the finish line, but not far off now. I will keep popping in. Take care xxxx
                  Great to hear from you Elsie hope you're keeping well.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I am fine thankyou Niddy. I see the site has grown from strength to strength, absoultely marvellous achievement.!! Hope you and your family are well too.? I see most of the original members are still here, although some have changed their names which confuses me slightly, not a difficult thing to do these days.!! Can't thankyou enough for giving me my life back, and being able to live a good life now. We are both retired now and have been for a couple of years, I dread to think how different life could have been. x

Comment

I am retired now Elsie OH needs to be , but since we sold our house and moved we are now mortgage free , but that means he can pick and choose if he wants to do a building job , he does some to keep sane I think the rest of the time if we want to go out in the day we can , I do enjoy that.Mostly because since inwas in hospital I don't seem to have as much confidence especially with regard to driving, what's that all about ? xxxxx
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I bet you still look good on your pole Nanna - retired or not
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ivana Trump or what......!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            I bet you still look good on your pole Nanna - retired or not
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	needpics.gif
Views:	5
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	1410904

Comment

I think that would be a sight not to be missed Alland.!! Retirement is great Nanna, we find we are keeping busy most of the time. OH plays sports 5 times a week, we have a dog so walk him several times in a day. Family commitments take time too, but we still find time to go on holiday. The pension pot is now coming in very useful.....but we are also very careful with it. The last few years have made us careful with money especially knowing that when its gone, that's it. I don't drive now either, only in very extreme circumstances. With OH being home all the time he usually drives, so the less I do, the more I don't want to drive. Never thought that would happen, oh the joys of getting older.! Take care folks.

Comment

Joys ? Know what you mean about driving, we have changed the car in the last month or bso , haven't driven it yet I am nervous as hell, come on Elsie what's happened to me ? Maybe walking about I can loose all this excess fat ..... Ahhhhhhh xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X