GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One and Lowell Portfolio - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One and Lowell Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One and Lowell Portfolio

Hi all,

I'm helping my other half out on this one. Her old Capital One account has recently been bought out by Lowell Portfolio 1 LTD.

The original account has been in dispute (CCA request) for some years and until recently we had heard nothing. Lowell's have now bought the account and are requesting payment proposals. We have written to them requesting proof of ownership of the account as we have never received a Notice of Assignment. They say that they sent a NoA on 11 April but we have never received it. They said they would send a copy but again, it hasn't arrived.

In the meantime Capital One have sent a letter informing us that the account has been sold to Lowells. This is just a plain letter is not entitled Notice of Assignment. Does a plain letter act as a NoA ??

I'm not sure at this stage if I should insist on a NoA being sent before I correspond with them or should I just sent the Sold whilst in Dispute template?

Gemby

Re: Capital One and Lowell Portfolio

Sold in dispute is the letter you should be sending lowells the letter from capital one is enough proof of ownership and would be pointless arguing that one. You need to send the sold in dispute so they know what's happend in respect of the CCA request
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OK thanks SXGuy

Comment

any news?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X